Things that annoy you (33 Viewers)

SBAndy

The Punjab is predominantly Sikh and there are some right big units!!! I remember some of the ‘guards’ at the Golden Temple in Amritar were huge.

I didn’t get the feeling when travelling around India they were marginalised but too be honest every state is like a different country.

As an aside probably the best food I had in India was in the Punjab! Absolutely amazing!

Really want to go to India at some point. Be a job convincing the other half though I’d imagine.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Really want to go to India at some point. Be a job convincing the other half though I’d imagine.
GO!!! It's amazing - providing you are open to being challenged by different cultures. And take a train journey or two. Cheaper than chips and easy to organize. 22 million passengers a day can't be wrong!
(Sorry for turning this into the "things that patently don't annoy you" thread!)

Nick

Administrator
GO!!! It's amazing - providing you are open to being challenged by different cultures. And take a train journey or two. Cheaper than chips and easy to organize. 22 million passengers a day can't be wrong!
(Sorry for turning this into the "things that patently don't annoy you" thread!)

No, just get a moped with 7 others for the proper experience!

LastGarrison

We spent three months backpacking around India (after a month in Sri Lanka and before going onto Nepal) and I am still not sure whether I love or hate the place.

Saw and experienced some amazing things but saw and experienced horrendous things in equal measure and the country has a seriously inherent problem with sexual violence.

OffenhamSkyBlue

We spent three months backpacking around India (after a month in Sri Lanka and before going onto Nepal) and I am still not sure whether I love or hate the place.

Saw and experienced some amazing things but saw and experienced horrendous things in equal measure and the country has a seriously inherent problem with sexual violence.

There are a lot of in-grained cultural issues that they need to address (the fact that almost everyone has a smart phone and even shanty towns have satellite dishes attached, but they still consider it acceptable to chuck their rubbish out of the window/train, or on the street, etc), but Modi has improved things for very many people.
As far as sexual violence goes, again they are making real efforts (especially in the big cities), with women-only carriages and platform areas on the Delhi Metro, and women helplines advertised on tuk-tuks and billboards all over the place.

shmmeee

Fucking job hunting.

I should be doing it but it’s such an arse I’m sticking in a shitty job instead. Everyone with their own special little way of requesting the same fucking information. Not even the courtesy of telling you “thanks but no thanks” after spending two hours on their stupid application form. The fact that no fucker puts a wage on jobs any more and job titles are so ridiculous you can’t even guess the level.

It’s all wank.

Nick

Administrator
Fucking job hunting.

I should be doing it but it’s such an arse I’m sticking in a shitty job instead. Everyone with their own special little way of requesting the same fucking information. Not even the courtesy of telling you “thanks but no thanks” after spending two hours on their stupid application form. The fact that no fucker puts a wage on jobs any more and job titles are so ridiculous you can’t even guess the level.

It’s all wank.
I don't get why people don't put the salary range on any more. It would save them hassle with people over or under qualified applying

NorthernWisdom

Fucking job hunting.

It’s all wank.
My strategy is to keep hoping Labovitch, Hoffman, whoever will head hunt me based on my ability to spout literate bollocks on a message board.

fernandopartridge

There are a lot of in-grained cultural issues that they need to address (the fact that almost everyone has a smart phone and even shanty towns have satellite dishes attached, but they still consider it acceptable to chuck their rubbish out of the window/train, or on the street, etc), but Modi has improved things for very many people.
As far as sexual violence goes, again they are making real efforts (especially in the big cities), with women-only carriages and platform areas on the Delhi Metro, and women helplines advertised on tuk-tuks and billboards all over the place.
Women only carriages isn't making an effort, it's dealing with the symptom not the cause

fernandopartridge

Fucking job hunting.

It’s all wank.
I will not apply for a job that doesn't state the salary

shmmeee

Women only carriages isn't making an effort, it's dealing with the symptom not the cause

While I don’t agree with women only carriages, you could literally make this argument about any single sex space. Or indeed any safeguarding method.

If women are especially vulnerable and culprits especially hard to catch I don’t see an issue with it. I’m not sure both of those are true for the UK, but I understand in places like Tokyo they are.

SkyblueBazza

All the crap programmes that have 'celebrity' versions as if that makes it more likely that I will watch it when the exact opposite is true.
Spot on.

Many of the 'Celebrity' fraternity even between me & the kids we have no idea who they are...so what qulifies someone as a 'Celebrity' is beyond me.

Increasingly switch off these comedian gameshow type things now as well. 'Would I lie to you' etc...same old, same old. 1/2 to 1 hr speckled with a couple of funny (scripted?) lines in.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

One sex only anything should be illegal. It's sex discrimination.
Do they still have the Ladies-only waiting room at Coventry station?

Mcbean

was in France last week and the loos in several eateries were uni sex with a wall blocking the urinals from most of the cubicles units except the last one where the lucky gel could catch a fine shot of 4 limp dicks peeing along the adjacent wall :)

Captain Dart

Optimism
Scouts can save children from extremism and gangs, says Bear Grylls

Reality.
Police called in after Scout group run from mosque is linked to Islamic extremist and Holocaust denier

The Scout Association raised the alarm after the Telegraph found the Lewisham Islamic Centre had been segregating groups by gender, despite the Scout’s own commitment to mixed-sex groups.

The investigation also found girls as young as five in the group have been encouraged to record videos advocating wearing the hijab and that contrary to the Scouts own commitment to ‘British Values', the group’s leader Ahammed Hussain has admitted to encouraging the members to be ‘Muslims first’.

https://www-telegraph-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/21/second-scout-volunteer-suspended-groups-referred-police-amid/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/21/second-scout-volunteer-suspended-groups-referred-police-amid/

ajsccfc

There's an oversaturation of comedy panel shows but Would I Lie To You is great, proper old-school parlour game stuff. The only thing it falls down on is having permanent team captains who surely can't have enough anecdotes to last them the entire run of the show but not having Bob Mortimer every week who definitely does.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Why do bin men pick the busiest roads in rush hour?
Kenilworth Town Council (or it may be Warwick DC who are responsible) get a mechanical road-sweeper to do the gutters, etc at least once a week, again in rush hour, again the busiest routes. Gets on my tits!

shmmeee

One sex only anything should be illegal. It's sex discrimination.
Do they still have the Ladies-only waiting room at Coventry station?

You don’t think there should be women’s toilets?

The Equality Act allows for discrimination where a reasonable aim is achieved

Terry Gibson's perm

The bulldog security woman at work who is over friendly with my knob when using the metal detection wand thank gidnits not done by hand. To add she is one of the ugliest women I have ever met in looks and in attitude.

Terry Gibson's perm

Builders I have planning permission to build a new extension and nobody can be bothered to quote for the work it’s a nightmare.

ajsccfc

We had a load of little jobs but even hearing back from most was a real lottery. Once we had one guy doing some decorating he recommended others for the other bits and we were set because they were great and also communicative, it's as if there's an inner sanctum you need to get in before anyone will reply.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah I had issues when I wanted odd jobs doing as well.

They must have that much work and money they really aren't arsed.

Was looking for a door and window, cash sat there ready to go and knew exactly what we wanted. They just had to measure, order and fit it.

Phoned about 10 places, 3 got back to me.

ajsccfc

I think that's it, we had a guy come over for a job that was really an hour's work so I suspect he was doing it more as a favour to the fella who recommended him than anything.

Users who are viewing this thread