Things that annoy you (15 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Bloody hell yeah, it's so much worse when the lines are even painted out telling you where you need to be.

Then they have no idea when you beep because they are near enough going to crash into you because they are drifting into your lane and act like you are the one in the wrong.

ajsccfc

The amount of dizzy fuckers driving around with no spatial awareness I'm surprised there aren't more accidents. I'd have everyone get re-tested on a regular basis.

NorthernWisdom

The amount of dizzy fuckers driving around with no spatial awareness I'm surprised there aren't more accidents. I'd have everyone get re-tested on a regular basis.
I don't disagree with yoiu.

Howerver, I'll also add dashcam warriors to the annoyance. If you can see someone pull out in front of you, do something about it, don't accelerate towards them in mock outrage!

Reactions: vow

Nick

Administrator

Howerver, I'll also add dashcam warriors to the annoyance. If you can see someone pull out in front of you, do something about it, don't accelerate towards them in mock outrage!

It's twats who just want likes on Social Media.

Nothing a backhand in front of their camera wouldn't fix.

Same as the people who film themselves at football matches!

richnrg

Pretty much every single day at a roundabout I get this. I'm in the right lane to turn right alongside someone in the left going straight on, and they'll take it literally and go in a straight line. How does stupidity not thin out the ranks?

dbU5WZI.png
surely 'Race Control' has something to say about this?

Terry Gibson's perm

Pretty much every single day at a roundabout I get this. I'm in the right lane to turn right alongside someone in the left going straight on, and they'll take it literally and go in a straight line. How does stupidity not thin out the ranks?

dbU5WZI.png

Part of the problem is how different islands are we have this new hamburger island in Nuneaton that will open soon I look at it every day and don’t get what is going to happen there

Nick

Administrator
Part of the problem is how different islands are we have this new hamburger island in Nuneaton that will open soon I look at it every day and don’t get what is going to happen there

I saw that, what's that bit going through the middle all about? I assumed for Buses?

OffenhamSkyBlue

dbU5WZI.png
You don't honestly expect a roundabout next to a university to have people who display a modicum of intelligence, do you??
But that one at Kirby Corner is particularly bad. Also, for the number of knobs who enter the island in the right lane (as you do, correctly) then force their way in to a continuous line of traffic going straight on towards Westwood Heath! Twats!!

Nick

Administrator
You don't honestly expect a roundabout next to a university to have people who display a modicum of intelligence, do you??
But that one at Kirby Corner is particularly bad. Also, for the number of knobs who enter the island in the right lane (as you do, correctly) then force their way in to a continuous line of traffic going straight on towards Westwood Heath! Twats!!

It's all about flying down the empty right hand land and doing a full lap of the roundabout to go straight on.

OffenhamSkyBlue

OK, next one on my list - people (and news organisations, etc) who re-tweet news articles (especially from the BBC website) without making any comment on them, so if you search for a hashtag or phrase, you get an endless stream of the same retweet, and the same image, with no meaningful input whatsoever! WHY?????? People can look it up for themselves, FFS!

#ALMOST as #annoying as those #people who #insist on #prefixing #every #word in a #tweet #with a #hashtag! #Pointless

Reactions: vow

OffenhamSkyBlue

Tell you what I really notice around campus too, all the Ubers seem to be awful drivers as if it's part of the job description.
Anyone would think there were no additional checks to be an Uber driver!!!
It's the sheer NUMBER of the buggers that gets me, stopping at random to let people in and out!
And obviously all licensed by the City of Wolverhampton!

ajsccfc

I picture Wolverhampton to be absolutely swarming with Ubers like its an ant farm, but one where all of the ants are getting in each others way and stopping in the worst place they possibly can.

I used to hate taxi drivers but since Uber they seem like old-school superheroes by comparison

Mcbean

Not many UBERS in Wolverhampton - but they are everywhere else except for Stratford which is an arse just taxis

vow

Dunno about mock outrage, NW, looks pretty genuine to me!

NorthernWisdom

Dunno about mock outrage, NW, looks pretty genuine to me!
I picked the most amusing clip to start with (s9omebody barrels along at, what, 55 in a 30, wonders why someone pulls out in freont of them, races to overtake and stops, sitting heroically in their car rather than risk getting battered) but that channels full of eejits who see a lorry pulling out half a mile up front and, instead of easing off the accelerator, they hurtle into trouble just so they can do a spot of honking, and upload their clip onto youtube.

Morons.

If yopu've tiome to lean on the horn, you've time to brake!

vow

My biggest annoyance though is c-units that don't indicate whilst driving.

This cop (sarccy but true) explains it perfectly:

OffenhamSkyBlue

People who drink coffee out of their stupid fucking "bitty cups" while driving. Probably as much of a hazard as holding a mobile to answer a call ***, as it obscures their view while taking a slurp. And you hear stories of people being prosecuted for not being in proper control of their vehicle while eating a Mars bar - what about the people holding scalding liquid in one hand?
I think drive-thru coffee shops are a menace. If you really can't do without a coffee on your 20 minute commute, you either need to reorganize your mornings or have a hard look at yourself!

*** NB: Texting is a different matter

OffenhamSkyBlue

Extra 20 minutes on my journey because of people who shouldn't be on the road if theres a hint of cold
Interesting decision of Warwickshire Highways not to grit Crackley Lane from Kenilworth to Westwood Heath though, given the amount of n-power (or is it E-On?), Network Rail and Uni traffic that uses it as a cut through. Bit dicey in parts this morning.

Nick

Administrator
Interesting decision of Warwickshire Highways not to grit Crackley Lane from Kenilworth to Westwood Heath though, given the amount of n-power (or is it E-On?), Network Rail and Uni traffic that uses it as a cut through. Bit dicey in parts this morning.

There's a fair few main(ish) roads that were slippy. It doesn't help people who randomly slam their brakes on for no reason every 2 seconds rather than just driving steadily.

eastwoodsdustman

Extra 20 minutes on my journey because of people who shouldn't be on the road if theres a hint of cold
Because of this I will raise you the Seva school in walsgrave. It causes havoc on the m6 jct2 island and surrounding area.
Why put a school in an industrial park.

Nick

Administrator
Because of this I will raise you the Seva school in walsgrave. It causes havoc on the m6 jct2 island and surrounding area.

They must be cheaper to do / convert if they are offices. Same as the Finham Park one.

Do you have people randomly stopping on the roundabout?

eastwoodsdustman

They must be cheaper to do / convert if they are offices. Same as the Finham Park one.

Do you have people randomly stopping on the roundabout?
Constantly stopping on the roundabout causing gridlock. It can take 1/2 to travel up the slip road on the a4600 by the showcase and 20 minutes coming from McDonald’s so either way you’re buggered. No infrastructure in place for it.

shmmeee

IIRC they had real trouble finding a location for the Siva school. And I think the free school thing has incentives for converting office space cos the only free school I worked in was also a converted office.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I heard an article on BBC CWR a little while back that the Department for Education were playing silly buggers with the Siva School, as Ofsted had rated the governing academy trust as inadequate, so DfE told them they had to move to a different multi-academy trust which they (the DfE) specified. A leader of the protest group said they were happy to move to a different Trust, but one of their own choosing, which was also rated as good by Ofsted, and maintained the Sikh ethos throughout all of their teaching. The DfE-imposed one was only about 50% Sikh ethos (as I recall).

I'm not generally a fan of faith schools, and believe that education should be secular, with any faith taught outside school. However, I have a massive amount of respect for the Sikh faith, having been to India on holiday a few months ago, and seeing what they do for the community (e.g. serve 5000 meals a day at one temple, absolutely free, to anyone who wants them (Sikh or not, poor or not), staffed entirely by people giving their time for nothing). Apparently the Gurudwara the Siva School is affiliated to is the biggest provider of free meals to the poor and homeless in Coventry.

eastwoodsdustman

I heard an article on BBC CWR a little while back that the Department for Education were playing silly buggers with the Siva School, as Ofsted had rated the governing academy trust as inadequate, so DfE told them they had to move to a different multi-academy trust which they (the DfE) specified. A leader of the protest group said they were happy to move to a different Trust, but one of their own choosing, which was also rated as good by Ofsted, and maintained the Sikh ethos throughout all of their teaching. The DfE-imposed one was only about 50% Sikh ethos (as I recall).

I'm not generally a fan of faith schools, and believe that education should be secular, with any faith taught outside school. However, I have a massive amount of respect for the Sikh faith, having been to India on holiday a few months ago, and seeing what they do for the community (e.g. serve 5000 meals a day at one temple, absolutely free, to anyone who wants them (Sikh or not, poor or not), staffed entirely by people giving their time for nothing). Apparently the Gurudwara the Siva School is affiliated to is the biggest provider of free meals to the poor and homeless in Coventry.
No problem at all with the faith and school. It’s just that it causes chaos every morning as the infrastructure is not there. A drop of rain and it’s ten times worse.

LastGarrison

The Punjab is predominantly Sikh and there are some right big units!!! I remember some of the ‘guards’ at the Golden Temple in Amritar were huge.

I didn’t get the feeling when travelling around India they were marginalised but too be honest every state is like a different country.

As an aside probably the best food I had in India was in the Punjab! Absolutely amazing!

Nick

Administrator
The Punjab is predominantly Sikh and there are some right big units!!! I remember some of the ‘guards’ at the Golden Temple in Amritar were huge.

I didn’t get the feeling when travelling around India they were marginalised but too be honest every state is like a different country.

As an aside probably the best food I had in India was in the Punjab! Absolutely amazing!
And they have swords!

Users who are viewing this thread