Things that annoy you (15 Viewers)

ajsccfc

I think we've been very lucky so far in that all the people we've (eventually) dealt with so far have been the nicest people and done great jobs, apart from moving in day when delivery men from Currys were complete arseholes, acting as if delivering a washing machine into the house rather than tipping it into the road and speeding off was taking liberties.

Nick

Administrator
I think we've been very lucky so far in that all the people we've (eventually) dealt with so far have been the nicest people and done great jobs, apart from moving in day when delivery men from Currys were complete arseholes, acting as if delivering a washing machine into the house rather than tipping it into the road and speeding off was taking liberties.

I had an electrician turn up once, gave me a quote. Said yeah thats fine.

He turned up at 10, had to then go and buy the stuff so was gone until 1. Got to 5 and he said "this is going to need another day so it will be the same again"

OK then mate, nice try.

giphy.gif

Terry Gibson's perm

It’s probably a 60k job but what they all want to do is wait to see what others quote and then play from there.

SkyblueBazza

You don’t think there should be women’s toilets?

The Equality Act allows for discrimination where a reasonable aim is achieved
Yeah, but when people visit your house - they all use the same bog I'd bet? So why can't we all use the same bog in public? If we were all respectful of each other & each other's privacy & socially acceptable rights...it wouldn't be an issue

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Otis

I don't disagree with yoiu.

Howerver, I'll also add dashcam warriors to the annoyance. If you can see someone pull out in front of you, do something about it, don't accelerate towards them in mock outrage!

I have a dash cam. I just press the save button on it when I see bad driving.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Builders I have planning permission to build a new extension and nobody can be bothered to quote for the work it’s a nightmare.
Years ago We had new windows in our old house fitted a friend of my brothers said he could do it over 3 days, I didn’t realise it was 3 days over a months period.
He couldn’t drive either so I had to pick him up and drop him off, I spent more time taking him to do his shopping and dropping here and there .

Nick

Administrator
Years ago We had new windows in our old house fitted a friend of my brothers said he could do it over 3 days, I didn’t realise it was 3 days over a months period.
He couldn’t drive either so I had to pick him up and drop him off, I spent more time taking him to do his shopping and dropping here and there .

I had some garden work done, the bloke said his labourer was stuck as he missed the bus. The bloke was using the digger and was busy so instead of stopping him I said I'd go and get him.

Got there, bloke had a scar the width of his face and it was in the depths of Hillfields where he was talking to what I assume was a lady of the night he had been with the night before.

It was an awkward drive, didn't look him in the eyes.

tommydazzle

Brother's a builder and they are raking it in at the moment. He reckons brickies can be on around a £ a brick. He won't get out of bed for less than £200 per day and is always booked up for a year in advance.

Always have a terrible time getting tradesmen to quote and even when they do it's still a problem getting them to commit. They are having it too good at the moment and it's the law of supply and demand as good builders are hard to find.

Captain Dart

This winds me up. Put your bin out in slightly the wrong place and they refuse to empty it yet when they're finished your bin could be anywhere in the street.

Last week I walked up the road soon after a bin collection, there were 6 or 7 full bins left unemptied.
I think it is to do with binmen refusing to collect overfilled bins but I think it is a pathetic jobsworth restriction.

Terry Gibson's perm

Brother's a builder and they are raking it in at the moment. He reckons brickies can be on around a £ a brick. He won't get out of bed for less than £200 per day and is always booked up for a year in advance.

Always have a terrible time getting tradesmen to quote and even when they do it's still a problem getting them to commit. They are having it too good at the moment and it's the law of supply and demand as good builders are hard to find.

It may not last though as the housing market is slowing and you can see that here houses used to sell on the day they went up but know it’s weeks/months

dutchman

Had the exact opposite experience with AO. Pair of Polacks, drove all the way from Bolton and couldn't have been more helpful or efficient. Made English workers look like total layabouts.

tommydazzle

All this news coverage about the snow as if it's a major disaster. It's winter ffs! There are reporters out in the field exclaiming about 10 cm of snow. Cue pictures of stuck cars, children sledging on patchy snow with grassy bits and advice on how to survive this sub zero apocalypse.

Any Scandis watching must be laughing their woolly socks off.

Covstu

All this news coverage about the snow as if it's a major disaster. It's winter ffs! There are reporters out in the field exclaiming about 10 cm of snow. Cue pictures of stuck cars, children sledging on patchy snow with grassy bits and advice on how to survive this sub zero apocalypse.

Any Scandis watching must be laughing their woolly socks off.
Try saying this to those poor people in Chicago!

Sky_Blue_Daz

People that put salt and pepper on their dinner before they’ve eaten it , it just really bugs me

Gazolba

People that put salt and pepper on their dinner before they’ve eaten it , it just really bugs me
I never use salt or pepper but I do like vinegar or lemon juice on my chips.

Gazolba

Loading bars that get to 100% then start again!!!!
What about those credits at the end of recent movies. You sit through what seems like an endless stream of them including things like the person who supplied them with paper-clips, then there is a gap and you breathe a sigh of relief ... and then ... comes ... Unit 2.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not annoyed but happy to see that it hasn’t worked for eleven sports and they only got 50k subscribers they have lost ufc and serie a already

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

This winds me up. Put your bin out in slightly the wrong place and they refuse to empty it yet when they're finished your bin could be anywhere in the street.
Funny enough...our block share a bin space. Tucked out of the way...but rarely put back without loads of inconvenience to mom's getting in/out to put the bloody things back right! This morning I was preparing to leave ehen they came...& funnily enough they put them back right & I even got a 'Good morning' from them lol

shmmeee

Yeah, but when people visit your house - they all use the same bog I'd bet? So why can't we all use the same bog in public? If we were all respectful of each other & each other's privacy & socially acceptable rights...it wouldn't be an issue

Because studies show assaults go up in unisex toilets. Also blokes being blokes, any unisex space is invariably a blokes space first.

Also, unisex toilets take up more space and you can fuck off if you think I want to wait as long as the women.

Users who are viewing this thread