Things that annoy you (12 Viewers)

Otis

Yes agree. Mind you I remember most of the sci-fi visions (e.g. Logan's Run) of the future look remarkably like present day shopping malls to me. All shiny chrome, escalators, transparent lifts, people talking into communicators, automatic doors, aerodynamic cars etc. Amazing how fast things are changing and we take them for granted.
Dome Sci fi is inspired and forward thinking . Blade Runner is great. 2001 is too and also Star Trek.

Big VR headsets will simply not be around in 20 years time. I dare say they won't even in just 10 years time.

They will be streamlined, lighter and smaller for sure.

Nick

Administrator
One album I have, it's decided to unilaterally name the tracks after another album altogether.

Somewhat less family friendly song titles to be displayed on the screen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Axed_for_It!

Its not that bad if nobody else is in the car.

My example was a bit of Akon, "I wanna love you". All well and good until it spurted out "I wanna fuck you".

giphy.gif

Otis

There's loads on our car stereo SD card.

I have to cough quite a lot when I am driving and my missus is in the car.

Gazolba

The pointless use of "in and of itself" as in:
"Figuring out how to get in there and help those people, that’s a challenge in and of itself."
should say just:
"Figuring out how to get in there and help those people, that’s a challenge."

Captain Dart

Detective dramas when the main character goes into a dangerous situation alone or does not immediately call for assistance when facing danger.

Otis

Detective dramas when the main character goes into a dangerous situation alone or does not immediately call for assistance when facing danger.
When they confront the baddie who is holed up and armed to the teeth, the hero always leads from the front and is the first one you see in the firing line.

tommydazzle

Bit trivial this but annoys me: George Clark, the tv architect - he's a Geordie so like us Midlanders uses the short 'a' vowel sound as in glass, fast etc but for some weird reason always uses the long 'a' in 'master bedroom' and sometimes 'plaster' but nowhere else.

I know it's pathetic but pretty much everything annoys me these days.

Nick

Administrator
Bit trivial this but annoys me: George Clark, the tv architect - he's a Geordie so like us Midlanders uses the short 'a' vowel sound as in glass, fast etc but for some weird reason always uses the long 'a' in 'master bedroom' and sometimes 'plaster' but nowhere else.

I know a few geordies who use the posh versions randomly for some of them.

Must be confused.

ajsccfc

I can't see an advert for his show without loudly shouting AMEEEEEZING SPEEEEECES which my wife doesn't find irritating in the slightest.

I think he's Sunderland rather than Newcastle, not sure if they pronounce things differently there though

tommydazzle

I can't see an advert for his show without loudly shouting AMEEEEEZING SPEEEEECES which my wife doesn't find irritating in the slightest.

I think he's Sunderland rather than Newcastle, not sure if they pronounce things differently there though
Ha ha, I do exactly the same!

richnrg

I don't mind his voice, but don't like him because he has a head shaped like a lemon.

Captain Dart

vow

Glad you brought this "short A" "long A" discussion to the fore, because it does annoy me, a lot!

There aint no "R" {long A some would call it) in glass, flask, fast etc, so why pronounce it like it has?!!?!

Nick

Administrator
Glad you brought this "short A" "long A" discussion to the fore, because it does annoy me, a lot!

There aint no "R" {long A some would call it) in glass, flask, fast etc, so why pronounce it like it has?!!?!

People trying to be posh m8.

tommydazzle

Must admit after living in Norfolk all these years I have been contaminated with the long 'a'. Occasionally I lapse and get called a Brummie which is about as big an insult you can get apart from Scouse obviously.

I always inform these ignoramuses that I speak the dialect of Shakespeare who rhymed dance with romance which you can't do with a long 'a'. It was great to see in Upstart Crow that Shakespeare's family all had Midland accents.

ajsccfc

Pretty much every single day at a roundabout I get this. I'm in the right lane to turn right alongside someone in the left going straight on, and they'll take it literally and go in a straight line. How does stupidity not thin out the ranks?

dbU5WZI.png

Nick

Administrator
Pretty much every single day at a roundabout I get this. I'm in the right lane to turn right alongside someone in the left going straight on, and they'll take it literally and go in a straight line. How does stupidity not thin out the ranks?

dbU5WZI.png

The island by Gallagher Retail is the worst for it. That one even has markings on the road to stay inside.

ajsccfc

Bloody hell yeah, it's so much worse when the lines are even painted out telling you where you need to be.

Users who are viewing this thread