Things that annoy you (8 Viewers)

Covstu

Yep cannae be arsed with new year at all, two wee kids don’t help the social aspect but prior to that we generally had house parties at friends houses

OffenhamSkyBlue

People (including Theresa May) who persist with calling it “two-thousand and nineteen”.
It’s fucking twenty-nineteen, knob end! You didn’t have people calling it one thousand nine hundred and nineteen!
Btw happy twenty nineteen everyone!

olderskyblue

People saying happy new year.... anytime between Christmas and 31st.

It’s not the fooking new year yet !!

Anytime after midnight last night is fine

richnrg

adverts selling you a new 'kitchen'.

i.e.when buying furniture for a bedroom, you are buying 'bedroom furniture', and not a 'new bedroom'
when buying furniture for a living room, you are buying 'living room furniture', and not a 'new living room'

so why is it, when you need to buy some new kitchen furniture, that you are buying 'a new kitchen' ?

Captain Dart

The Amazon Prime trap, accidentally selected it with an order and had to jump through hoops to cancel the fucker.

ccfc92

The feigned friendliness shown on EastEnders in the two mins they're not screaming at each other.

Cringe.

Terry Gibson's perm

Whenever my father in law orders anything from amazon he says it cake so quickly and then a few days later I get the call that he has accepted prime again and they are charging him, the part to click just to order is tiny for normal delivery. I also use smile for amazon and they make a small donation to a charity of your choice, unfortunately there isn’t a pay tax option though

skybluegod

adverts selling you a new 'kitchen'.

i.e.when buying furniture for a bedroom, you are buying 'bedroom furniture', and not a 'new bedroom'
when buying furniture for a living room, you are buying 'living room furniture', and not a 'new living room'

so why is it, when you need to buy some new kitchen furniture, that you are buying 'a new kitchen' ?

Well because I guess the kitchen is because it isn't furniture it's actual fittings? You also say a ' new bathroom' Rather than bathroom furniture?

Nick

Administrator
People who have to analyse, think, analyse, think etc before doing anything and need to know the entire history / workings and goings on before they can do something.

ie. rather than putting a key in the door, turning it to unlock and then walk in they have to know how it was fitted, who made the lock, how many keys there are, what is the process if the door wont unlock, what is the process if we lose the key, what is the process if somebody has the key in the door on the other side.

richnrg

People who have to analyse, think, analyse, think etc before doing anything and need to know the entire history / workings and goings on before they can do something.

ie. rather than putting a key in the door, turning it to unlock and then walk in they have to know how it was fitted, who made the lock, how many keys there are, what is the process if the door wont unlock, what is the process if we lose the key, what is the process if somebody has the key in the door on the other side.
sounds a bit like a 'wife' complaint you have there?

tommydazzle

Hmm might have to think about this one. I'll get back to you with some questions later.

Otis

another case.of sloppy film futuristic thinking at play. Just watched Ready Player One, which I believe is set in something like 2046.

These are the VR headsets.

Screenshot_2019-01-08-21-23-49.png

Ummm.......

Do we really believe that the bulky headsets we have these days will still be almost exactly the same 27 years into the future?

Surely at the very worst they will look just like normal glasses and will be much slimmed down.

Real bugbear of mine, that of visioned futures that don't seem futuristic at all.

Covstu

another case.of sloppy film futuristic thinking at play. Just watched Ready Player One, which I believe is set in something like 2046.

View attachment 11296

Ummm.......

Do we really believe that the bulky headsets we have these days will still be almost exactly the same 27 years into the future?

Surely at the very worst they will look just like normal glasses and will be much slimmed down.

Real bugbear of mine, that of visioned futures that don't seem futuristic at all.

Captain Dart

People who reply to posts without leaving a comment.

tommydazzle

View attachment 11296

Ummm.......

Yes agree. Mind you I remember most of the sci-fi visions (e.g. Logan's Run) of the future look remarkably like present day shopping malls to me. All shiny chrome, escalators, transparent lifts, people talking into communicators, automatic doors, aerodynamic cars etc. Amazing how fast things are changing and we take them for granted.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread