SBT Veggie Society (1 Viewer)

Otis

For the vegetarians out there, what are you having for your Christmas Day dinner?

I am thinking maybe in terms of one of these two. Every time I have been out for Christmas Day dinner I always seem to be served a Wellington.

Screenshot_2018-11-15-19-49-52.png
Screenshot_2018-11-15-19-50-19.png

I know the first one is actually vegan, but it does look nice.

Liquid Gold

I hated those Iceland burgers, they taste exactly like cheap Iceland meat burgers, suspicious. Linda M's pulled pork and Mozzarella burgers are lovely.

skybluegod

For the vegetarians out there, what are you having for your Christmas Day dinner?

I am thinking maybe in terms of one of these two. Every time I have been out for Christmas Day dinner I always seem to be served a Wellington.

View attachment 10948
View attachment 10949

I know the first one is actually vegan, but it does look nice.

I love a good nutroast, Wellington as you say seems a bit common when out...
Although I do find the Quorn Roast quite nice as well, but probably not a Xmas thing...

Otis

Yeah, I like the Quorn roast.

If it was my choice, I would go for a nut roast every time.

Love them.

clint van damme

Yeah, I like the Quorn roast.

If it was my choice, I would go for a nut roast every time.

Love them.

do you ever eat at any vegetarian restaurants Otis?
Is that vegan café still down town, round the back of Hale St?

SBAndy

Well I took my first (proper) foray into the veggie world tonight with Mexican bean burgers. Bloody lovely they were.

Otis

Anyone tried Tofurkey?

If you haven't, don't!!

The taste is okay, but its texture is like Wellington boot rubber. You could make shoes out of it. Bloody awful and when I threw it in the bin it took a couple of small bounces before it eventually settled at the bottom.

skybluegod

Anyone recommend some good restaurants with some good options for Veggies in Cov- Live in Rugby myself but eating out one night soon, so want a change- nothing posh/fancy, just a chilled atmosphere, with reasonable prices.

Otis

Basement Browns.

Not an extensive menu, but they do veggie chicken replacements for pretty much all their meals. Would recommend the superfood salad there. Really nice and even my meat eating wife likes it.

Cosy Club has some quite nice veggie food and also has an alternative vegan menu you can ask to see.

skybluegod

Basement Browns.

Not an extensive menu, but they do veggie chicken replacements for pretty much all their meals. Would recommend the superfood salad there. Really nice and even my meat eating wife likes it.

Cosy Club has some quite nice veggie food and also has an alternative vegan menu you can ask to see.

Did Cosy club in Birmingham and was nice enough.

Found a place called Playwrights? Do you know if that is any good?

Otis

I see an academic suggests meat based phrases might disappear in order to appease vegans.

So, no more bringing home the bacon or taking the bull by the horns. You won't even be able to put all your eggs in the one basket. You won't be able to 'milk it' anymore either.

What else may be at risk? Maybe we will have spotted dildo instead of spotted dick and you will no longer be able to call out 'say cheese's when taking a photo.

Some good could come out of it though because we will no longer be confronted by ham actors and no-one will be able to have a beef with you and your job will be safe because you will never be in for the chop.

I can't be too harsh though. Wouldn't want to upset the newly formed Church of the Lentil.

skyblueinBaku

I see an academic suggests meat based phrases might disappear in order to appease vegans.
That academic may stop using those phrases, Otis, but they won't disappear from my vocabulary!.

tommydazzle

So, no more bringing home the bacon or taking the bull by the horns. You won't even be able to put all your eggs in the one basket. You won't be able to 'milk it' anymore either.

What else may be at risk? Maybe we will have spotted dildo instead of spotted dick and you will no longer be able to call out 'say cheese's when taking a photo.

Some good could come out of it though because we will no longer be confronted by ham actors and no-one will be able to have a beef with you and your job will be safe because you will never be in for the chop.

I can't be too harsh though. Wouldn't want to upset the newly formed Church of the Lentil.
Of the top of my head: mutton dressed as lamb, packed like sardines, go hell for leather, the sound of leather on willow, have a beef about something, honey as a term of endearment.

Homemade nut loaf for Christmas as is delicious - have to fight the carnivores off.

King of the Lesbians

Beat the meat, badly packed kebab, hide the sausage.
Which pretty much encapsulates my weekends...

W

westcountry_skyblue

My gf is veggie ive tried Qourn sausages which are ok in a batch don't mind Tesco veggie burgers either
Not really tried much else anything someone can recommend so I can surprise her meal wise one evening?

King of the Lesbians

My gf is veggie ive tried Qourn sausages which are ok in a batch don't mind Tesco veggie burgers either
Not really tried much else anything someone can recommend so I can surprise her meal wise one evening?
Ex was a veggie and did a pretty mean lasagne.
Was pretty much like a normal lasagne but instead of minced animal it had sliced courgette in it. Really nice.

skybluegod

The Oumph stuff can be quite good, a few different types of products that you can make into a meal.

If you want to cook something properly, try going on the Quorn website lots of good meals on there- i like the Paella, Biriyani is also good.

Otis

Meat Eaters Pledge To Boycott Greggs Following Release Of Vegan Sausage Roll

Anyone tried one yet?

It is funny how vegans often get accused of forcing their opinions on meat eaters and now you have meat eaters of a certain limited intelligence boycotting Greggs until the vegan sausage roll is discontinued. Isn’t that forcing your opinion on someone?
Yup.

I do have to say though i don't like this vegans who go around trying to shame people into not eating meat and targeting butchers and farmers and supermarkets etc. Surely the objective should be to encourage, not shame.

It's fine if Gregg's are selling meat free sausage rolls. Wonder if they are cooking them separately. ;)

skybluetony176

Yup.

I do have to say though i don't like this vegans who go around trying to shame people into not eating meat and targeting butchers and farmers and supermarkets etc. Surely the objective should be to encourage, not shame.

It's fine if Gregg's are selling meat free sausage rolls. Wonder if they are cooking them separately. ;)

What are they like?

Otis

I don't get why anyone would be angry. Doesn't seem to be replacing anything, so no-one is losing out.

I don't think I have ever tried to get anyone to go veggie, not even temporarily. Free choice. Only thing I would campaign for is better welfare for all the livestock and animals.

Users who are viewing this thread