SBT Veggie Society (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Haven't tried them. This is the first I have heard about it.

Ahh. When you said yup I thought you were replying to the question. I’ve got to go into town tomorrow so I’m going to give one a road test. I’ll report back.

Liquid Gold

I'm going to give one a go. Apparently Greggs and Piers Morgan are managed by the same PR company so it could well be that his tweeting was paid for to increase advertising.

clint van damme

Otis

the fuss some people are making beggars belief.
It's not compulsory that you have to buy one morons!!
Can only guess that some people may have jumped to the conclusion that vegan sausages are maybe replacing meat sausages.

Gregg's already sell veggie stuff anyway.

Would reckon these neat eaters would be happy eating the cheese and tomato pizza slices they sell there, but the minute Gregg's stick a V label on them they will be outraged.

Grendel

Can only guess that some people may have jumped to the conclusion that vegan sausages are maybe replacing meat sausages.

Gregg's already sell veggie stuff anyway.

Would reckon these neat eaters would be happy eating the cheese and tomato pizza slices they sell there, but the minute Gregg's stick a V label on them they will be outraged.

It’s the fact it’s vegan

Grendel

So, why then?

Doesn't make sense to me. Is it because of vegan activists?

It’s deliberately meat free not just a non meat alternative by accident. Pizza is not a vegetarian option by design.

Vegans would view pizza as cruel as a steak bake and it seems to annoy people

Otis

It’s deliberately meat free not just a non meat alternative by accident. Pizza is not a vegetarian option by design.

Vegans would view pizza as cruel as a steak bake and it seems to annoy people
SOME vegans I think you mean. Most aren't like that at all I don't think.

There was a C4 Dispatches programme on the very subject the other night. I have known a few vegans over the years and have yet to come across a militant one yet and you have to remember, some are vegans because of intolerances. My old boss was such a case.

Grendel

SOME vegans I think you mean. Most aren't like that at all I don't think.

There was a C4 Dispatches programme on the very subject the other night. I have known a few vegans over the years and have yet to come across a militant one yet and you have to remember, some are vegans because of intolerances. My old boss was such a case.

It’s not militant. I know a few vegans who aren’t vocal but find it hilarious that people will consume dairy products which is far crueler than much if the meat industry.

What intolerances mean anyone has to be vegan?

Grendel

Dairy.

I am talking about vegetarians that have to be vegans.

Well they aren’t vegans on a conscience level are they? It’s not from choice

Otis

Didn't say they were. Was just trying to point out there are loads of vegans who don't bang on about cruelty all the time.

Grendel

Didn't say they were. Was just trying to point out there are loads of vegans who don't bang on about cruelty all the time.

They are not vegans. Also a lot don’t but even if they do they are entitled to do so as they adopt the lifestyle for moral reasons

Otis

I have had a bit of stick being a vegetarian. I don't make it known and don't blow a trumpet about it and will just order vegetarian stuff off the menu.

When people have found out (work associates etc.) they have got very aggressive with me. I recall a residential course I was on and there was a buffet and a colleague asked me to try something. I just said no at first, but he was kind of 'go on, go on, try it.' I then said I was a vegetarian and he completely exploded and started ranting as to how people like me make him sick.'

Seems some feel the second you say you are a vegetarian it is my looking down my nose, being judgmental and my telling them they are doing something abhorrent.

My attitude is simply it is down to one of personal choice. My wife is a massive meat eater. She cannot go a single day without having meat. I wouldn't dream of even trying to 'convert' her.

Some seemingly see vegetarians and vegans as a threat.

Covstu

The whole Greggs thing is pathetic but geniusly marketed! Used public outrage to advertise a product which in turn will drive people to go in and see what the fuss is about

tommydazzle

Wondering whether vegans will be ok with eggs now that male eggs can be identified early and excluded from the usual horror of male chicks being suffocated or minced alive. This means that eventually hens can be produced cruelty free for egg production.

Similarly this is why dairy is problematic as male calves are seen as 'waste products' by the industry and killed shortly after being born. Of course, nobody likes to think about these inconvenient truths.

I kept bees for many years and can't understand why vegans object to honey? The bees are looked after and helped to survive winter and in fact are pretty much extinct in the wild in the U.K. so need beekeeping to propagate and protect the species.

Otis

You also make a very good point about Gregg's, because I never, ever usually set foot in the place , but would go in to suss out this vegan sausage roll for sure.

skybluetony176

Apparently they’re selling like hot sausage rolls on a cold day so you have to be quick as they’re selling out all over the country on a daily basis.

fernandopartridge

Meat Eaters Pledge To Boycott Greggs Following Release Of Vegan Sausage Roll

Anyone tried one yet?

It is funny how vegans often get accused of forcing their opinions on meat eaters and now you have meat eaters of a certain limited intelligence boycotting Greggs until the vegan sausage roll is discontinued. Isn’t that forcing your opinion on someone?
What a load of wankers. I don't have much time for the puritanical vegan lobby but even less for the other idiots like that prick who filmed himself binning the vegan sausage roll.

Otis

Well, just tried one.

Took one bite and stopped eating it. I was convinced it was a normal sausage roll and not a vegan one. Nearly took it back, but didn't want to appear foolish, so took it home to my meat-eating expert wife.

Gave her a piece and she said it wasn't meat.

Bloody hell tastes just like though. Very nice indeed.

Passed three Gregg''s and took a look and they were all, all but sold out.

That was before 10am.

Nick

Administrator
Well, just tried one.

Took one bite and stopped eating it. I was convinced it was a normal sausage roll and not a vegan one. Nearly took it back, but didn't want to appear foolish, so took it home to my meat-eating expert wife.

Gave her a piece and she said it wasn't meat.

Bloody hell tastes just like though. Very nice indeed.

Passed three Gregg''s and took a look and they were all, all but sold out.

That was before 10am.

giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Daz

Be a laugh if the vegan roll was a carrot wrapped in pastry

Otis

Be a laugh if the vegan roll was a carrot wrapped in pastry
Be a bigger laugh if a carnivorous sausage roll was just a whole pig wrapped in pastry.

Or if a dick in a spotted dick was an actual dick.

At least I know my spinach is spinach and not horse meat masquerading as sirloin steak.

Otis

Apparently there is also outrage at the suggestion that Wetherspoons have started selling vegan water.

Users who are viewing this thread