MK Dons (H) - Match Thread (3 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Would you be comfortable having him in goal for the remaining games though? Not sure I would. Some things he does well. Others, poor!

Kicking is poor especially

If he can perform like today, then yes. Problem with a young keeper if that he will be inconsistent and I'm not sure how he will cope with a relegation battle. I'd probably still like a keeper to come in but today I thought he had a really good game.

Didn't think his kicking was especially poor, a few bad ones. Some he actually overcooked and kicked too far into the MK Dons keeper, his kicking technique looks sound enough to me so it can be worked on.

italiahorse

Just seen the goals on SSN. Phillips beaten far too easily by Baker for their goal. And who was the defender trying to clear it from crossing the line? Thinking Martin, but could be wrong.

He had a covered but it bobbled over his foot when swinging through the ball. Hence the ground thumping.

kg82

We've certainly got something on them. We've only lost once in 6 meetings. Are we actually someone's bogey team?

letsallsingtogether

Defended like troopers today, had some luck but then again about time.

2-1 get in there.

Thenose

A few lucky moments, but you also need to be in the right place to make use of the luck.

not pretty, but who cares...

James Smith

A fantastic result yesterday and I woke up with a sore head this morning. Long may it continue!

Joy has no limits when we look to the sky.

Nonleagueherewecome

A fantastic result yesterday and I woke up with a sore head this morning. Long may it continue!

Joy has no limits when we look to the sky.

Hey James, any chance that you could move your "Joy has no limits..." bit a little lower down the page? I constantly read it as part of your post as part of the point that you're making! It's starting to grind my gears ;).

torchomatic

Certainly wouldn't go that far. Made some good stops, but his kicking was dreadful. I'd still rather have someone with experience.

Burge was superb

Nonleagueherewecome

Certainly wouldn't go that far. Made some good stops, but his kicking was dreadful. I'd still rather have someone with experience.

Another loan player will mean that we have to drop one of the outfield loan's, though. You have to ask if we gain more to the starting 11 by doing that or keeping Burge in the side. And he is after all our player-and young-so will only improve from his experience. Young 'keepers can improve a lot. Chris Dunn made another worldie-save for Cambridge yesterday!

stupot07

Another loan player will mean that we have to drop one of the outfield loan's, though. You have to ask if we gain more to the starting 11 by doing that or keeping Burge in the side. And he is after all our player-and young-so will only improve from his experience. Young 'keepers can improve a lot. Chris Dunn made another worldie-save for Cambridge yesterday!

To be fair, Williams has been poor since his arrival, but I guess that's what you get when you sign a right footed number 10 left midfield in a 4 man midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

torchomatic

I did say "rather" though. I certainly don't expect a new keeper until next season. Just hope Burge is up to the job. We need to win a few of our last 14 games.

Nonleagueherewecome

To be fair, Williams has been poor since his arrival, but I guess that's what you get when you sign a right footed number 10 left midfield in a 4 man midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Another loan signing with awful hair. We haven't learnt from Alsopp :laugh:

I lose track, haven't we got 6 loans at the moment? If it's 5, then dropping Williams for, say, Kirkland would obviously make sense. Don't really think that the £3m beanpole is going to add much for that matter, either, but maybe Mowbray/Rosler could use both of them a lot better?

All told however, I've had enough of loans, especially if we have our own home-grown player doing well and developing. He might have a blinding run of form between now and the end of the season, we'll never know if he can do it unless we give him a chance. He's done well in his last few games, so surely we keep faith with the lad?

SkyBlue_Bear83

One of the best goalkeeping performances I have seen this season, only other I can think of is Allsop vs MK Dons in the away fixture.

I'd prefer someone to come in as well as I doubt he has the consistency, I'm just judging it as I see it on the one game.

Nonleagueherewecome

I did say "rather" though. I certainly don't expect a new keeper until next season. Just hope Burge is up to the job. We need to win a few of our last 14 games.

I've had "Opportunities" stuck in my head since watching that Synth thing again, so I'd rather we give Burge one :)

dongonzalos

One of the best goalkeeping performances I have seen this season, only other I can think of is Allsop vs MK Dons in the away fixture.

I'd prefer someone to come in as well as I doubt he has the consistency, I'm just judging it as I see it on the one game.

Yet someone still slagged him of regarding this match.
The game is full of opinions, hey

lewys33

I thought Burge had an awesome 2nd half, but in the first half he concerned me quite a few times and didn't fill me with confidence at all.

dongonzalos

Who slagged him off?

Someone who always seems to swim against the tide.......

Apparently his kicking and distribution was woeful and he was looking to try and get himself booked

stupot07

Someone who always seems to swim against the tide.......

Apparently his kicking and distribution was woeful and he was looking to try and get himself booked

Both of which are true, although I wouldn't say he was looking to get booked, more like was lucky not to get booked earlier for time wasting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread