Match Thread Coventry City vs. MK Dons Match Thread - Saturday 11th Jan (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City vs. MK Dons match, tactics and predictions :)

Briles

With Oxford playing Rotherham we could start to pull away slightly from the chasing pack depending on that result (only by a couple of points)

shmmeee

Need a win here. In some ways it’s good we drew yesterday as I think the longer your streak gets the harder it is to continue.

Few players looked leggy last game. I’d start with the team that finished the game so:
Marosi
Rose McFadz Hyam
Dabo Kelly Walsh Mason (I’m assuming McCallum is injured)
Allen O’Hare
Godden

S: Wilson, Pask, Westbrooke, Shipley, Hiwula, Baka, Jones(?)

Edgy 1-0 with much bum squeakiness.

Magwitch

Looking at our forth coming fixtures we could be playing current leaders Wycombe in three weeks to go top and with a game in hand, Donny away is always a toughie though.

torchomatic

Any news on McCallum yet? I thought Mason looked pretty out of it when he came on.

Monners

After a successful couple of weeks on the road we really need to back up the good work with a win. Don’t see the point in changing the team unless we have to.

cc84cov

Any news on McCallum yet? I thought Mason looked pretty out of it when he came on.
Mason won’t be match sharp mate add to that coming on as a sub getting into the pace of the game not surprised he struggled,I think he will play for the under 23’s today

Reactions: TTG

covcity4life

Hard to come on as a sub when not played much i imagine. Sure he will do better if starts

Same team other than that

2 nil win and we can dream a little more

Magwitch

Mason was arguably our best player in the first few weeks of the season McCallum got his chance and has grabbed it with both hands and imo the better player but should he get injured or move on having Mason come in wouldn’t bother me at all.

Reactions: TTG

ccfcmad1

1-0 to the city can see then sitting back and playing for a point so up to us to break them down, hopefully see a few more bums up there after the last few weeks 700 dons? 6500+ city

Irish Sky Blue

MK in the 0-0 draw were the worst team I think we have played this season.They looked devoid of confidence and seemed set up not to lose, even though they were at home. Only after we missed the pen did they start to have a go. They have changed manager and have improved since then, indeed looking better in the Trophy game (which we still should have won). Can’t believe they will be as bad as in the first game but we should be far too good for them. (Well aware that doesn’t always mean that you win).

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Expect an unchanged team unless McCallum injured. Maybe Max back on the bench.

Magwitch

MK in the 0-0 draw were the worst team I think we have played this season.They looked devoid of confidence and seemed set up not to lose, even though they were at home. Only after we missed the pen did they start to have a go. They have changed manager and have improved since then, indeed looking better in the Trophy game (which we still should have won). Can’t believe they will be as bad as in the first game but we should be far too good for them. (Well aware that doesn’t always mean that you win).
Was at that game too another where two points were absolutely thrown away.

fernandopartridge

Looking at Newton for the U23s today I expect to see him on the bench if McCullum is out for a while
Gaining a good reputation

Yeah, looks good. What really stands out in the u23s is how far off the first team it is intensity wise, and the players with first team fitness really stand out.

skyblueelephant76

They had a lot of injuries at the time, particularly up front. They have started to get players back and results have improved recently, it will be a tricky game.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I see a win for us, but really need to start to bang the goals in. Need to win by at least 2 or 3 clear goals. Goal difference might just play an important part in the end of seasons positions. Might mean the difference between autos and play-offs.

Users who are viewing this thread