Match Thread Coventry City vs. MK Dons Match Thread - Saturday 11th Jan (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

Unless robins makes mistakes like yesterday and what we’ve seen so far this season odd decisions with subs etc that’s the only Thing that will hamper us from top 6 we should be top 2 I feel after seeing everyone else this year we have to take this chance to go up
Didn't get to the game myself. What mistakes did Robins make?

Evo1883

Do you actually know the ins and outs for Blackpool? I mean fair play if you do but you didn’t know Portsmouth have mostly a different team this season

Which players did they sign who made them a better team?

Looking at their team against Rotherham only 1 of them played? Kaikai

You seem to be of the understanding that all these teams have signed worst players all over the pitch... Its bizarre.

Most of Blackpool outgoings went to non league or lower leagues
Their signings certainly didn't come from there

SlowerThanPlatt

You seem to be of the understanding that all these teams have signed worst players all over the pitch... Its bizarre.

Most of Blackpool outgoings went to non league or lower leagues
Their signings certainly didn't come from there

Presumably young players? Donervon Daniels went to Luton. Bola went to Middlesborough. Jimmy Ryan went to Rochdale

Andreu went to St.Mirren, Beavon Nuneaton, O’Brien Yeovil..

Evo1883

Presumably young players? Donervon Daniels went to Luton. Bola went to Middlesborough. Jimmy Ryan went to Rochdale

Andreu went to St.Mirren, Beavon Nuneaton, O’Brien Yeovil..
Bola was loaned back btw

Ben husband 25
Sean scannel 28
Ben henegan 25
Jak Alnwick 26
Grant ward 25

cc84cov

Didn't get to the game myself. What mistakes did Robins make?
Didn’t see it myself but a few I spoke to said the changes and system change effected us and it was clear to see the players were tired which robins said himself after...

so why pick tired players whom he said playing on 2 leggy pitches was part of the cause ?

cc84cov

So your view is based on what other people have told you? What would you have done to make sure we won that game?
You snipe away at Robins. Who would do a better job?
My view is based on people saying the changes and system change didn’t help us also robins comments of players being tired due to playing on leggy pitches past 2 games so why didn’t he change it

Evo1883

OK I think we will put an end to our debate now @SlowerThanPlatt

I think the league is tougher and teams are stronger

You think the league is weaker and teams are weaker

I also think we are a much stronger outfit this season

We aren't going to agree on this clearly

So we may as well agree to disagree and move on

Sky Blue Pete

My view is based on people saying the changes and system change didn’t help us also robins comments of players being tired due to playing on leggy pitches past 2 games so why didn’t he change it
He could have brought Allen on but the changes gave us a real hold on the game and without the poor clearance we win

Skybluefaz

Didn’t see it myself but a few I spoke to said the changes and system change effected us and it was clear to see the players were tired which robins said himself after...

so why pick tired players whom he said playing on 2 leggy pitches was part of the cause ?
Not too long ago that you were moaning Robins was too negative and left subs to late. He makes an early sub and brings on an extra striker and you still moan. Hindsight football management is a piece of piss init.

Last edited:

itsabuzzard

OK I think we will put an end to our debate now @SlowerThanPlatt

I think the league is tougher and teams are stronger

You think the league is weaker and teams are weaker

I also think we are a much stronger outfit this season

We aren't going to agree on this clearly

So we may as well agree to disagree and move on
Is this the shape of debates to come? Hugely disappointed this hasn't descended in to a spiral of increasingly offensive and gratuitous insults. Might have to cancel my subscription...

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

Funny but listened to Oggy on the way home yesterday who thought Robins was a bit over critical of the players and felt the performance wasn’t too bad. If you watch the highlights you will see that their goalkeeper is the fair busier of the pair making four saves. Marosi didn’t have a save of note to make (no chance with the goal). Two of the saves, the ones from Godden and Biamou were after the substitutions. If either goes in we win the game. There would be no mention then of ‘Why didn’t he know the players were tired.’ As you know, results of games are decided by fine margins. We didn’t play well yesterday but still should have won.
Who would you have to replace Robins?

cc84cov

Funny but listened to Oggy on the way home yesterday who thought Robins was a bit over critical of the players and felt the performance wasn’t too bad. If you watch the highlights you will see that their goalkeeper is the fair busier of the pair making four saves. Marosi didn’t have a save of note to make (no chance with the goal). Two of the saves, the ones from Godden and Biamou were after the substitutions. If either goes in we win the game. There would be no mention then of ‘Why didn’t he know the players were tired.’ As you know, results of games are decided by fine margins. We didn’t play well yesterday but still should have won.
Who would you have to replace Robins?
Where have i said I want him replaced ? I want him to make the changes etc at the right time read on the match thread yesterday a few saying the changes effected us,also if the players are tired after 2 away games on leggy pitches why not use the squad he knows is very strong ?

Irish Sky Blue

Where have i said I want him replaced ? I want him to make the changes etc at the right time read on the match thread yesterday a few saying the changes effected us,also if the players are tired after 2 away games on leggy pitches why not use the squad he knows is very strong ?
If you keep sniping away at him then it would seem that that you think there is someone out there who could do a better job. You’re also making comments on his management of a match that you didn’t even see. If he had changed the team yesterday he would have been criticised by the usual crew. No doubt the opinion then would have been why did he change a winning team.
We have lost one game in the last 12 league matches, we are fourth in the table, three points off the top with a game in hand and the top team to come to St Andrews. We are one game away from the fourth round of the FA Cup. How well would we need to be doing for you to be satisfied with Robins?

covcity4life

Caught extended highlights. Understand it doesnt gice you ehole picture and robins ssid himself poor performance so i was surprised to see so many good scoring chances on highlights. Their keeper has made a magnificent save with legs to keep Biamou out.

I wouldn't worry. 3 wins and draw eveey 4 games and we will be champs! Lol

ccfcway

Not too long ago that you were moaning Robins was too negative and left subs to late. He makes an early sub and brings on an extra striker and you still moan. Hindsight football management is a piece of piss init.

and funnily enough he didn’t very similar subs at a very similar time in the Tranmere game. How did that go ?

Adge

but surely there’s been a lot less shits going wide ;)

I do miss it. in reality I feel like I’ve not seen much football at all of late

since stopping going away games and now being at st Andrews where I only attend Saturday games I feel like a part time fan sometimes!
Ah well, it looks like now at least you will get a discount on the sponsorship deal you have going on with Villa next season.

Users who are viewing this thread