Match Thread Coventry City vs. MK Dons Match Thread - Saturday 11th Jan (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

It doesn't matter that's the gap in the respective leagues, you can't use the argument of European leagues then moan when I say the gaps are small in two of the best leagues in the world

Why not compare like for like? As in the teams in our country and the teams who have 23 other teams in their league and have played the same amount of games.

Championship - 16 points
League One - 8 points
League Two - 20 points
NL - 15 points
NL North - 20 points
NL South - 20 points

Can you spot the odd one out?

Evo1883

Why not compare like for like? As in the teams in our country and the teams who have 23 other teams in their league and have played the same amount of games.

Championship - 16 points
League One - 8 points
League Two - 20 points
NL - 15 points
NL North - 20 points
NL South - 20 points

Can you spot the odd one out?

So again that means that league 1 is the most competitive division... Obviously

SlowerThanPlatt

So again that means that league 1 is the most competitive division... Obviously

Yes and also that there’s little difference between the best teams and the mid table teams therefore teams being much of a muchness - which I believe is what I said all along

Evo1883

Yes and also that there’s little difference between the best teams and the mid table teams therefore teams being much of a muchness - which I believe is what I said all along

No you said if 1/2/3 teams piss the league it means the league is of a better standard.... Which I argued against all along because its most definitely not.

Put Mike tyson up against Mike tyson and you'd have a good fight..
Put Mike tyson up against me and it would be a walk in the park

SlowerThanPlatt

No you said if 1/2/3 teams piss the league it means the league is of a better standard.... Which I argued against all along because its most definitely NOT

It means the top teams are of a better standard yes as they’re clearly better than the rest?

SlowerThanPlatt

And are 6th in the Premier league... That means the Premier league is really strong though right lol

You honestly believe if you put Bristol City of 14/15 and Sheffield United of 16/17 in this league they wouldn’t get promoted?

They got 99 and 100 points btw

Evo1883

You honestly believe if you put Bristol City of 14/15 and Sheffield United of 16/17 in this league they wouldn’t get promoted?

I never said that, I said the division OVERALL has better sides and is more competitive... What's so hard about this to understand.

If a team walks a league it means the competition isn't there, that's blatantly obvious

It's like saying the SPL over the last 10 years has been a great league

SlowerThanPlatt

I never said that, I said the division OVERALL has better sides and is more competitive... What's so hard about this to understand.

If a team walks a league it means the competition isn't there, that's blatantly obvious

It's like saying the SPL over the last 10 years has been a great league

Where do you think Sheffield United (100 points) and Bristol City (99 points) would finish as this league would pose them harder games than they faced?

Evo1883

Where do you think Sheffield United (100 points) and Bristol City (99 points) would finish as this league would pose them harder games than they faced?
You can still win a league on less points?
I'm not sure what drum you're banging but it makes no sense

Evo1883

Does competitive mean of higher quality?

Or does it mean a lot of the teams are around the same level

If Liverpool were exactly the same as they are now, the same quality, the same players the same style.... But Chelsea, Manchester United, arsenal, Tottenham, Manchester City were all at an outstanding level too, Liverpool would probably still have a chance of winning the league but they wouldn't currently be sat top winning 20 from 21 games and 17 points clear of man City with 17 games to go.

Because the division OVERALL would be of a higher quality... And ofcourse harder to win

This is basic surely

SlowerThanPlatt

We can debate about why the top teams aren’t doing very well in comparison but one thing I think we can all agree on is that is this definitely our best chance to go up with how close it all is.

Any other league or season with 41 points and we’d be outside the play offs and about 12 points off top - 41 points would have us 8th in the Championship and 9th in L2 - and 8th last season in L1 at this stage

Skybluefaz

We can debate about why the top teams aren’t doing very well in comparison but one thing I think we can all agree on is that is this definitely our best chance to go up with how close it all is.

Any other league or season with 41 points and we’d be outside the play offs and about 12 points off top - 41 points would have us 8th in the Championship and 9th in L2 - and 8th last season in L1 at this stage
Championship and league 2 teams have played 2/3 games more than us.

Evo1883

Well it is isn't it? Proved through performances in Europe over the last few years.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Premier league teams have won the European Cup and the uefa Cup how many times in the last 10 years?

There is really also no correlation between the winner of the champions league and the strength of their league Overall.
The only thing to take from that is they have a good team, and were consistent during that particular cup run... Doesn't mean Watford, Bournemouth, Sheffield United, Norwich etc are great sides

Last edited:

Evo1883

The other problem is there's is no way of knowing how many points we would have in any other league in any other season so why keep banging that drum, it makes no sense

SlowerThanPlatt

The other problem is there's is no way of knowing how many points we would have in any other league in any other season so why keep banging that drum, it makes no sense

I’ve posted the L1 table after 24 from last season which has us outside the play offs on our point total

Evo1883

I’ve posted the L1 table after 24 from last season which has us outside the play offs on our point total

Ok, but it's a pointless thing to do because with this team in that division it 100% wouldn't be the same so why keep on about it... Its frankly bizarre

Teams have won the prem on 81 points, and it's also been won on around 100... They are different seasons

Grendel

Ok, but it's a pointless thing to do because with this team in that division it 100% wouldn't be the same so why keep on about it... Its frankly bizarre

ir could be more or less but in a normal season we wouldn’t be anywhere near automatic promotion with these points.

Ipswich were on a run of no wins in something like 8 until yesterday,Doncaster a few weeks ago were 14th and now are in sight, Sunderland have struggled but now are in the pack. The league is equally mediocre with no dominant force which is a one off.

Evo1883

ir could be more or less but in a normal season we wouldn’t be anywhere near automatic promotion with these points.

Ipswich were on a run of no wins in something like 8 until yesterday,Doncaster a few weeks ago were 14th and now are in sight, Sunderland have struggled but now are in the pack. The league is equally mediocre with no dominant force which is a one off.

No the league is far more competitive, I watched Luton last season... Both games, they wouldn't finish on 94 points this season (46 games) with that same team... Most top half teams have improved hence the inconsistencies
I think this Coventry team in last seasons division would be pushing automatic with Luton, Barnsley, pompey and Sunderland... I watched all these teams both times, a weaker Coventry team slapped Sunderland all over away from home and only conceded 4 through some errors, it should and could have been a much bigger margin, a weaker Coventry team drew at Barnsley and Luton

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

The top 6 this season you could argue will be tougher this season.

By my reckoning in 2 less games this season. Target will be 72 points.

Yes less points than your usual 2 ppg to win it. But ultimately more difficult to get into play offs.

Grendel

The top 6 this season you could argue will be tougher this season.

By my reckoning in 2 less games this season. Target will be 72 points.

Yes less points than your usual 2 ppg to win it. But ultimately more difficult to get into play offs.

Last season the team finishing 5th had well over 80 points. It’s the best chance we will ever have.

Evo1883

A weaker Coventry team took 15 points from 24 against those top 4 last season....

But obviously the league was much much stronger

Grendel

A weaker Coventry team took 15 points from 24 against those top 4 last season....

But obviously the league is was much much stronger

You keep saying weaker but it’s an assumption not a fact.

Evo1883

Last season the team finishing 5th had well over 80 points. It’s the best chance we will ever have.

It's the best chance because we are a good side and are up there with the leagues best... That's why it's the best chance... Were unlucky not to be clear with a game in hand through last minute and injury time goals alone

Users who are viewing this thread