Match Thread MK Dons vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 19th Oct (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the MK Dons vs. Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

CovInEssex

MK Dons have lost their last 5 straight league games, and scored once in that run.

Statistically, we are superb value at 2.40 (dunno what that is in old money) to win.

no_loyalty

MK Dons have lost their last 5 straight league games, and scored once in that run.

Statistically, we are superb value at 2.40 (dunno what that is in old money) to win.

That is a bit of a worrying statistic for us, whenever a team need a result they seem to get it when they play us.

no_loyalty

I'd go with the same team as Sunday!, bar Kelly for Westbrooke (who did play well but is a bit too nice at times) and move Walsh forward

Keep Godden and Hiwula in the side, the goals will come.

Totally agree, Kelly has to come back in. Godden and Hiwula are having lots of chances, yesterday was just one of those days and the goals will come.

cc84cov

I'd go with the same team as Sunday!, bar Kelly for Westbrooke (who did play well but is a bit too nice at times) and move Walsh forward

Keep Godden and Hiwula in the side, the goals will come.
We could spend all season saying Hiwula’s goals will come mate the guy is just not a clinical finisher

cc84cov

Real missed chance yesterday this weeks fixtures are interesting everyone seems to be playing each other in & around the top 6

cc84cov

Yet he's top goalscorer, was top goalscorer last season and in any case there is no realistically viable alternative.
Agreed there is no alternative we have no left side cover to add competition & no fit right sided player never mind cover but we will still persist with the 433 I feel anyway

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

___________Marosi
Watson_Hyam___Rose__Mason
Westbrooke_Kelly__Shipley
__O'Hare__Godden__Hiwula

Wilson, Fadz, McCallum, Walsh, Kasta, Baka, Biamou

Giving Godden and Hiwula the chance to make up for those misses yesterday, but if they fail to deliver I would be making changes the game after to keep them on their toes - not sure if they're getting a bit complacent about their places in the team.

I'd also be considering a change in formation to two up top if we don't score, even though MR won't.

Difficult to guess a score. Playing the way we do with a big away following (hopefully they'll be well behaved but expect the Twat Brigade to be out in force) we should win but unless we start putting chances away we could see a problem.

KeresleyArmpit

Marosi
Dabo Rose Hyam Mason
Kelly Walsh
O’Hare
Kasta Godden Hiwula

Doubt we’ll ever see both Westbrooke and Shipley not starting.

Would drop Hiwula but we have no other option.

Not sure why people want to bring McFadzean back in, the 2 CB’s were solid yesterday.

CV22SBA

We’ve only won 1 of the last 5 losing 3 on the bounce so not much better.

Grendel

SBAndy

Don’t get me wrong the football looked pretty but we had 1 shot on target the whole game. Pretty football doesn’t win games.

Just watched the highlights back and we created 4 or 5 clear-cut chances. As others have said, it’s not the system that needs fixing, but the players within that system.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Just watched the highlights back and we created 4 or 5 clear-cut chances. As others have said, it’s not the system that needs fixing, but the players within that system.

So which players do we switch out?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Leaving hiwula out for Biamou is illogical

In a two-up-top formation maybe not. McNulty thrived with Biamou and I think Godden may be another. Let a strike partner do the donkey work, let him concentrate on scoring,

Hiwula and Godden have played together most games this season and despite the chances haven't scored as many as they should. So if your problem is scoring goals surely the illogical thing to do is endlessly play the two players who are missing most of the chances. Maybe they're complacent about their place in the team and perhaps a shake up will stop them being quite so wasteful?

Grendel

In a two-up-top formation maybe not. McNulty thrived with Biamou and I think Godden may be another. Let a strike partner do the donkey work, let him concentrate on scoring,

Hiwula and Godden have played together most games this season and despite the chances haven't scored as many as they should. So if your problem is scoring goals surely the illogical thing to do is endlessly play the two players who are missing most of the chances. Maybe they're complacent about their place in the team and perhaps a shake up will stop them being quite so wasteful?

McNulty didn’t thrive with Biamou it’s another urban myth

Please

pusbccfc

MK 2-0 CCFC.

Users who are viewing this thread