Match Thread Coventry City at MK Dons Match Thread - Saturday 27th Jan (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City at MK Dons match, tactics and predictions :)

SlowerThanPlatt

O’Brien

Grimmer
Willis
Davies
Stokes

Barrett
Bayliss
Doyle
Shipley

Biamou
McNulty

Bench: Burge, McDonald, Haynes, Kelly, Maguire-Drew, Ponticelli, Kelly-Evans

Londonccfcfan

Does anybody else believe that we can get through this round and get a favourable tie in the last 16....then who knows....I think we can go a long way in this competition, just have that feeling.

2-2 Draw, we win the replay.

In front of 15500 fans of which 8500 are Sky blue.

Skyblueweeman

I do. But them getting a new manager is probably going to give them a lift. Thankfully he’s from inside the club so not an outsider who could give them more of a lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcbean

We are gonna take this - we are top half league 2 they are floundering league 1 by the skin of their teeth - get in there

Nick

Administrator
I'm not mega confident, obviously want to win but just hope they don't flap it from a big crowd.

RoboCCFC90

I am looking forward to this game admittedly more than a lot of others this season that I’ve seen..

MK have only won once in the last ten games in the league, where as City have won 50% of the last ten league games.

MK are 21st in L1, having conceded 40 goals and scoring 29 in 28 games..

When we played MK in preseason they looked average and if I’m honest they looked like they would struggle.

Everything points to a City win, but we can’t take anything for granted, if we turn up and give it 100% then I can’t see anything other than away win.

MK 0 - City 2

Modcons86

My heart says 2-0 city.
But ive got this feeling it will be a close fought 1-1 draw with that replay that neither team want.

Sky Blue Harry H

Want a win. Only take a replay, if the next round is a huge draw *so pick up ££££s for the replay, (as everybody wants to join the bandwagon!)

Esoterica

I am looking forward to this game admittedly more than a lot of others this season that I’ve seen..

MK have only won once in the last ten games in the league, where as City have won 50% of the last ten league games.

When we played MK in preseason they looked average and if I’m honest they looked like they would struggle.

Everything points to a City win, but we can’t take anything for granted, if we turn up and give it 100% then I can’t see anything other than away win.

MK 0 - City 2

Their overall form isn't great but they are much better at home than away - they've only lost 3 games from 14 at home this season (the same number as us) but their problem is too many draws.
Mk home.png

They have conceded a lot of goals overall but at home they are pretty tight, 16 conceded in 14 games which includes a crazy 4-4 draw with Oldham:
goals mk home.png

Predictably with this relatively low goals for and against, their matches are generally low scoring. 11 of their 14 home games have been settled with ≤ 2 goals total:
mk results at home.png

They are also quite resilient - conceding a lot less in the 2nd half of matches than the first half and have scored 5 equalisers at home:
mk goals per.png
Throw in our ropey away form - 1 goal scored in 4 games, 1 win and 3 defeats and only scoring 3 first half away goals all season in the league, then it could well be a tight, nervy low scoring affair. That said it's the FA cup and often form goes out the window - either way I think our best chance will be to go at them hard from the off. Will go for a 1-1.

Skyblueweeman

Their overall form isn't great but they are much better at home than away - they've only lost 3 games from 14 at home this season (the same number as us) but their problem is too many draws.
View attachment 8905

They have conceded a lot of goals overall but at home they are pretty tight, 16 conceded in 14 games which includes a crazy 4-4 draw with Oldham:
View attachment 8906

Predictably with this relatively low goals for and against, their matches are generally low scoring. 11 of their 14 home games have been settled with ≤ 2 goals total:
View attachment 8907

They are also quite resilient - conceding a lot less in the 2nd half of matches than the first half and have scored 5 equalisers at home:
View attachment 8908
Throw in our ropey away form - 1 goal scored in 4 games, 1 win and 3 defeats and only scoring 3 first half away goals all season in the league, then it could well be a tight, nervy low scoring affair. That said it's the FA cup and often form goes out the window - either way I think our best chance will be to go at them hard from the off. Will go for a 1-1.

statto.jpg

torchomatic

Shame they appointed a new manager so quickly. Not usually so confident, but really can't see us losing this one. I'd even be happy with a replay.

Skyblueweeman

Shame they appointed a new manager so quickly. Not usually so confident, but really can't see us losing this one. I'd even be happy with a replay.

Have to disagree Torch. I think a replay would be the worst result.

The league is priority and another game for a replay, is another game to increase fatigue, more chance of injuries, take our eye of the league which is more important etc.

torchomatic

The league is priority and another game for a replay, is another game to increase fatigue, more chance of injuries, take our eye of the league which is more important etc.

I'm greedy. League and Cup for me.

Esoterica

After Cambridge on Tuesday, the schedule is pretty clear for the rest of the season. Colchester and Wycombe are midweek games in Feb. No midweek games in March and only the Easter Monday game is 'midweek' in April.
The biggest bummer if we progress is FA Cup Fifth Round ties are scheduled for Saturday 17 February 2018 which would see the Luton game at the Ricoh postponed to midweek. I like the atmosphere of midweek games but it will likely be a much smaller crowd as i bet they'd bring a fair few for a Saturday match.

Paxman II

We can win this. opportunity to progress, get in the limelight, bit of cash and maybe a shed load in the next draw. So yes we should try to win it and keep fingers crossed it will not effect our league form.

Cranfield Sky Blue

I am confident! We can do this. They're not doing well. We're better against the better teams. They have to come at us. We like that. There's millions of SBA going to the game. I'll be drunk.

1-2 McNulty and Biamou

PUSB

Mucca Mad Boys

MK 0 - City 2

If it points to Coventry win, we usually lose, that’s the trend this season...

However, I fancy us for a win - we usually do well at MK Dons and we’ve got a blockbuster support. I reckon we’ll win 2-1.

Users who are viewing this thread