Match Thread Coventry City vs. MK Dons Match Thread - Saturday 11th Jan (4 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

A weaker Coventry team took 15 points from 24 against those top 4 last season....

But obviously the league is was much much stronger

We drew with Bolton, lost to Tranmere and haven’t beat MK Dons in both league games. What’s your point exactly? Are we as bad as them sides because we haven’t got many points against them?

The league table is over 46 games, well 44 this

Grendel

It's an absolute fact... And clear as day for anybody that watches us

So you think Robins got it wrong last season by signing bright and linking him with Hiwula? We should have played Westbrook and Shipley a lot more?

Londonccfcfan

Last season the team finishing 5th had well over 80 points. It’s the best chance we will ever have.

Usually 73 points almost guarantees you 6th place look back through It won't this year. And that's with 2 less games!

That's what I mean more difficult.

Evo1883

So you think Robins got it wrong last season by signing bright and linking him with Hiwula? We should have played Westbrook and Shipley a lot more?

Hiwula? The Same player that probably won't get near the team again?

I think Robins did what was correct at the time, I now think that the team overall is far stronger in every area than last season, hope this helps

Evo1883

We drew with Bolton, lost to Tranmere and haven’t beat MK Dons in both league games. What’s your point exactly? Are we as bad as them sides because we haven’t got many points against them?

The league table is over 46 games, well 44 this

My word, Luton drew with 2 relegated teams and 1 that just stayed up... Who cares

I'm telling you we are where we are not because the leagues weaker but because we are better, forget last season... This is what we are now... A damn good side that's improved.. Bt so have a good few other teams

SlowerThanPlatt

It's the best chance because we are a good side and are up there with the leagues best... That's why it's the best chance... Were unlucky not to be clear with a game in hand through last minute and injury time goals alone

We have also scored many last minute goals - are you excluding them as well?

Grendel

Hiwula? The Same player that probably won't get near the team again?

I think Robins did what was correct at the time, I now think that the team overall is far stronger in every area than last season, hope this helps

Not really. The forward options are the same other than Godden.

Westbrook, Shipley and Kelly were here last season.

Most fans wanted to keep Bright.

Hyam was here last season and Willis is likely to figure in a final team that are on similar points

ps1948

Because Wycombe are second and apparently a terrible side. Others thought Ipswich weren’t too good either but are above us. In fact, mostly every side we’ve played this season we’ve had fans on here saying they’re poor and they don’t get how they’re that high up in the league

I can’t remember many saying Luton and Barnsley were poor sides

That's because in 4 matches against these "vastly superior" sides we only lost once. Won against Barnsley at home and drew away, and played really well at Luton, where we could easily have won instead of drawing - only defeat was at home to Luton.
Ironically, the best performance so far from last year's promoted team is from Charlton, who we beat twice.....

Evo1883

We have also scored many last minute goals - are you excluding them as well?

We've dominated the vast majority of matches this season, it wouldn't have been a travesty to anybody if we were clear at the top of league 1 right now because we've probably deserved it based on performances.

It's Alot better than not winning because you're shit

It means I'm confident for the rest of the season

SlowerThanPlatt

That's because in 4 matches against these "vastly superior" sides we only lost once. Won against Barnsley at home and drew away, and played really well at Luton, where we could easily have won instead of drawing - only defeat was at home to Luton.
Ironically, the best performance so far from last year's promoted team is from Charlton, who we beat twice.....

Okay but like I’ve said the table is over 46 games and not 2 games a team play against each other.

Evo1883

Not really. The forward options are the same other than Godden.

Westbrook, Shipley and Kelly were here last season.

Most fans wanted to keep Bright.

Hyam was here last season and Willis is likely to figure in a final team that are on similar points

We improved in the areas where the players have now gone, would bright have done well having to track back in this system and chase the ball down... Dabo is better than sterling, Walsh, Allen... Shipley is producing far more than bayliss last season and so is Westbrook.. Mcfadzean despite what fans think is an absolutely top defender at this level and rose is better than Tom Davies. . Our keeper is much much better, we have o hare on the bench and Mason, our left back last season... We have a proper number 2 keeper .. Godden is going to score the 20 required imo.

The teams far stronger and so Is the bench

Evo1883

Okay but like I’ve said the table is over 46 games and not 2 games a team play against each other.

We are pointing out that a weaker team in us did well against them and now seem to be even stronger this season so I'm not sure we wouldn't be up there with them.... And your constant talk about last seasons table would be irrelevant

SlowerThanPlatt

We are pointing out that a weaker team in us did well against them and now seem to be even stronger this season so I'm not sure we wouldn't be up there with them.... And your constant talk about last seasons table would be irrelevant

How we did in 2 games is irrelevant - we haven’t beaten MK Dons in both games. Tranmere have beaten us once. Are they as good as us?

The league table says we were 29 points short of Luton and 26 of Barnsley

Evo1883

How we did in 2 games is irrelevant - we haven’t beaten MK Dons in both games. Tranmere have beaten us once. Are they as good as us?

The league table says we were 29 points short of Luton and 26 of Barnsley

Last season, this team would be up there pushing with them... I have no doubts whatsoever

BTW

MK dons won't finish near the relegation zone, they looked a pretty good side

Grendel

Last season, this team would be up there pushing with them... I have no doubts whatsoever

BTW

MK dons won't finish near the relegation zone, they looked a pretty good side

In which case if this great side fails to get in the top 6 who would you blame?

Evo1883

If that’s the case and this team is good as the 2 who got promoted - then would you say anything but top 2 is a failure?

No I would say, which I have said since the start that the league is tougher and the top half teams are stronger, I'd day anything but top 6 is a failure

SlowerThanPlatt

No I would say, which I have said since the start that the league is tougher and the top half teams are stronger, I'd day anything but top 6 is a failure

You told me Portsmouth have the same team as last season last night and I checked and they only have 3 who played yesterday. Have you actually researched this to back up that teams are stronger?

I don’t think Portsmouth would say they’re stronger - they lost 2 players to the Premier League and Championship and their loans went back

Evo1883

You told me Portsmouth have the same team as last season last night and I checked and they only have 3 who played yesterday. Have you actually researched this to back up that teams are stronger?

I don’t think Portsmouth would say they’re stronger - they lost 2 players to the Premier League and Championship and their loans went back

At the start of the season, their fans, the bookies all seemed to think they had a stronger team??

Managerial decisions helped them to a shite start..

Evo1883

And Donny lost Wilks, Marquis and Herbie Kane did they not? Also Marosi to us

Rotherham have plenty of championship experience, Peterborough spent well, Oxford have some brilliant players and improved, sunderland have a strong squad despite league position, Wycombe clearly improved, Bristol rovers are stronger, Fleetwood appear stronger though I can't comment on them too much... But paddy madden is a good acquisition for any team at this level... Blackpool are stronger, Ipswich have plenty of championship experience too..
Coventry are also stronger

Teams like Lincoln did some good business and everybody thought they'd push for it but are sat in the bottom half

The league is a tough one this year, I'm not sure that's debatable

cc84cov

We will finish on the top 6 I have no doubt, there are not 6 teams better than us in this division
Unless robins makes mistakes like yesterday and what we’ve seen so far this season odd decisions with subs etc that’s the only Thing that will hamper us from top 6 we should be top 2 I feel after seeing everyone else this year we have to take this chance to go up

SlowerThanPlatt

Rotherham have plenty of championship experience, Peterborough spent well, Oxford have some brilliant players and improved, sunderland have a strong squad despite league position, Wycombe clearly improved, Bristol rovers are stronger, Fleetwood appear stronger though I can't comment on them too much... But paddy madden is a good acquisition for any team at this level... Blackpool are stronger, Ipswich have plenty of championship experience too..
Coventry are also stronger

Teams like Lincoln did some good business and everybody thought they'd push for it but are sat in the bottom half

The league is a tough one this year, I'm not sure that's debatable

Blackpool were 8th this time last year - they’re 13th now

Irish Sky Blue

Unless robins makes mistakes like yesterday and what we’ve seen so far this season odd decisions with subs etc that’s the only Thing that will hamper us from top 6 we should be top 2 I feel after seeing everyone else this year we have to take this chance to go up
Did you see the game yesterday?
Odd decisions that have us fourth in the league, 3 points off top, a game in hand and still that team to play at St Andrews.

cc84cov

Did you see the game yesterday?
Odd decisions that have us fourth in the league, 3 points off top, a game in hand and still that team to play at St Andrews.
The only reason this squad don’t get promoted is if The tactics etc are wrong in my opinion,didn’t go yesterday but few people I’ve spoke to said the subs & system change is what cost us

The coventrian

If that's how you spend your Saturday night then I feel sorry for you.

Evo1883

You’ve said they’re a stronger team last season? Which clearly they are not unless you’re measuring it on something other than league position

Look at the players acquired?

They appear stronger on paper.

So them doing worse would indicate teams being better?

Irish Sky Blue

In which case if this great side fails to get in the top 6 who would you blame?
If you are saying that this side is underachieving then you must be saying that Robins has put together a decent side. I don’t think even you could argue that Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Rotherham and Peterborough would have a significantly higher budget than us (spent more assembling their squad). To be leading or on a par with these teams must mean that as a manager he is over achieving. All this and playing in Birmingham to less than half the crowd they would get in Coventry.
I don’t get the constant sniping. He has improved us year on year. Given the background he is working in, who would you have as manager that would do a better job?

SlowerThanPlatt

Look at the players acquired?

They appear stronger on paper.

So them doing worse would indicate teams being better?

Do you actually know the ins and outs for Blackpool? I mean fair play if you do but you didn’t know Portsmouth have mostly a different team this season

Which players did they sign who made them a better team?

Looking at their team against Rotherham only 1 of them played? Kaikai

Irish Sky Blue

The only reason this squad don’t get promoted is if The tactics etc are wrong in my opinion,didn’t go yesterday but few people I’ve spoke to said the subs & system change is what cost us

So your view is based on what other people have told you? What would you have done to make sure we won that game?
You snipe away at Robins. Who would do a better job?

Users who are viewing this thread