MK Dons (H) - Match Thread (1 Viewer)

steveecov

Who's the new striker signed this morning. 24 hours and no news. something's afoot. Baldrick...get me a beer.

Covstar

Hat-Trick for Proshwitz but city will still lose 4-3 after Burge scores a spectacular headed own goal as he mistimes a catch and bounces off his head in the 93rd min.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Need to go back to basics (and under Hockaday we suspect we will).

Burge

Phillips
Pennington
Martin
Stokes (haven't heard him having anything other than cramp from Sheff U game so guess he'll get Hockadays nod)

Fleck
Barton (again haven't heard he's injured after going off and was our play maker against Sheff U)
OBrien
Williams (ideally just behind the strikers and in front of a midfield three, but not a diamond but will probably play left) - although wouldn't mind Turgott getting a chance, and will have been managed by Hockaday in the development squad games so might get a chance

New Brentford German Fella
Samuel

Subs

Anyone that isn't Andy Webster

torchomatic

I'm really looking forward to the game today. Back to winning ways I reckon.

stupot07

What formation do mk Dons use?

If we persist with 442, one of barton or fleck needs to make way for Thomas. Barton and fleck are not good enough out of possession, neither attack or press instead just wait for play to come to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

mrtrench

I reckon we'll win today. The team will be significantly different to how Pressley lined us up. Manager-sacked bounce.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Burge
Phillips
Pennington
Martin
Stokes
Fleck
O'Brien
Barton
Williams
Tudgay
Samuel

Predictable, knew he wouldn't change anything. Nouble and new signing on the bench.

On the positive no Webster in the match day squad

stupot07

Coventry City: Burge, Phillips, Pennington, Martin, Stokes, O'Brien (c), Fleck, Barton, Williams, Samuel, Tudgay.

Subs: Charles-Cook (GK), Haynes, Finch, Turgott, Nouble, G. Thomas, Proschwitz.

So same team, same formation and same tactics?

Baker starts for Dons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

shmmeee

Will be interesting to see te players reaction today. Obviously with McFarlane in charge there's still a big Pressley influence, will they turn up today or will we have to wait until someone permanent is in place? We already know McFarlane isn't sticking around.

That team should be good enough to get a result today, let's hope the players feel the need to pull their finger out.

Sky Blue Pete

No brainer for me to give turgott a run out and seemingly bartons knock that forced him to be changed perhaps wasn't too bad although he has had a week to recover

Sky Blue Pete

Or we are discussing but maybe I'm the wrong sort of FAN and can only comment when the fans say I can. Don't worry kg

skybluebeduff

So it's a 4-5-1 then? same as how pressley would of set it out?

4-3-2-1 also? both same tactics to me, both need wingers.

stupot07

Hahahahaha!! Complaining starts!! Match thread is going to be lovely today!

I'm not sure what you expect when we haven't won at home in over 4 months, and we persist with the same/similar formula.

kg82

I'm not sure what you expect when we haven't won at home in over 4 months, and we persist with the same/similar formula.

Blimey, is it that long? I'd normally keep my complaining till the match starts though - then it's 90 minutes of profanities

stupot07

Blimey, is it that long? I'd normally keep my complaining till the match starts though - then it's 90 minutes of profanities

I'd like to know why we brought in a right footed number 10 to play left wing.

kg82

I'd like to know why we brought in a right footed number 10 to play left wing.

Lots and lots of teams use that tactic. I even remember us using David Thompson on the left to great effect.

Users who are viewing this thread