Hypothetical Question just a bit if fun (3 Viewers)

dongonzalos

I'm sure if the Nuneaton fans had the same principles as CCFC fans they would resist any move. They're called Nuneaton Town for a reason, and worst still, you're proposing they move permanently and I'm assuming, changing their name as well, I don't think any Nuneaton fan would want that.

Why 30k? We only get 10k for home games! Also, you're assuming it's Nene Park, well, what if it's St Andrews (a more realistic option) where it's a similar sized ground (albeit a shit-hole) and down the road really, yet most CCFC fans are well against that? Again, skewed principles.

P.S. what has my education got anything to do with it?[/

30k as you try and ask as many as you can

St Andrews is still approximately 22 miles down the road and not an improvement in stadium for us like it would be a massive improvement for Nuneaton.

Your eduction means you should be able to work out that logically the majority of Nuneaton fans would jump at the chance. Of ownership by a multimillionaire aiming to take them to the championship.

The name could be a hybrid.

Flying Fokker

Imagine if SISU were not bluffing about going to Northampton.

Imagine if their plan was to go there on a month by month contract. Hoping that it forces the council to do business with them to bring the football team back to Coventry.

If this happened and the council then allowed one of our local teams say Nuneaton to come in at a dirty cheap rent that rises with promotions and decreases with relegations.

Someone like Haskell buys Nuneaton and what he wants in the Ricoh and sets about taking Nuneaton up the leagues.

Would you travel to Northampton to watch SISU's Coventry City in League one

Or

Would you travel to the Ricoh to watch probably the strongest side in the Blue square. .....

Like SISU management strategies work well?

Blue Square without SISU.

Flying Fokker

I'm sure if the Nuneaton fans had the same principles as CCFC fans they would resist any move. They're called Nuneaton Town for a reason, and worst still, you're proposing they move permanently and I'm assuming, changing their name as well, I don't think any Nuneaton fan would want that.

Why 30k? We only get 10k for home games! Also, you're assuming it's Nene Park, well, what if it's St Andrews (a more realistic option) where it's a similar sized ground (albeit a shit-hole) and down the road really, yet most CCFC fans are well against that? Again, skewed principles.

P.S. what has my education got anything to do with it?[/

St Andrews is still approximately 22 miles down the road and not an improvement in stadium for us like it would be a massive improvement for Nuneaton.

Your eduction means you should be able to work out that logically the majority of Nuneaton fans would jump at the chance. Of ownership by a multimillionaire aiming to take them to the championship.

You mean change he name to something like......Nunony Coventrate?

stupot07

Taylor big difference ask 30,000 cov fans if they want to play 40 odd miles away in a smaller stadium under SISU. Most would say no?

Ask 1000 Nuneaton fans would they move a couple of miles down the road to one of the most modern stadiums in thd country and be owned by a multimillionaire.

You go to school I think you maybe able to guess what most would say.

So no not really that hypocritical

I imagine Nuneaton fans will want the club to stay in Nuneaton not move to the Ricoh to have 1000 fans sitting in one tiny corner of Ricoh.

ccfcway

I imagine Nuneaton fans will want the club to stay in Nuneaton not move to the Ricoh to have 1000 fans sitting in one tiny corner of Ricoh.

funny, cause we wanna stay in cov and not leave to the Ricoh to have 1000 fans sitting in one tiny corner.

Grendel

Yes, of course, we all want to stay in Coventry.

Don wouldn't. If there was a suitable stadium down the road he wouldn't be bothered -would be happy to change the name as well.

Grendel

To SISU FC in Northampton you mean?

Everything is relative.

It seems to you that providing its less than 10 miles away there is no problem.

WillieStanley

Something tells me this wasn't a hypothetical question or a bit of fun. This is an actual proposal - one I fear mights be Dons preferred outcome.

Should the worst come to the worst and CCFC fail to exist, I would guess most City fans would either give up on football completely, become a nuetral, start following (I use that word deliberately as there are no replacements in football) their second team more closely, of which most people have and may well be Nuneaton (in my case the mighty Burton Albion) or find a new hobby. I would imagine that most Nuneaton fans are so because they're proud of their little club who do quite well and have built quite a decent club and there'd be an uproar even more malicious than our current disgruntled petition at the very prospect of the big City next door trying to steal their team.

Its just plain arrogance to suggest that Coventry deserves a football team more than Nuneaton, which is primarily what you're saying.

Mucca Mad Boys

What would you prefer, since you haven't said explicitly one way or the other, only imply things, as usual.

Since I support Coventry City and that's where my loyalties lie, that's who I'll watch, again, you're assuming we're going to be playing in Northampton, if anything, it'll be Brum at worst. I wouldn't support a franchise football team that is little and insignificant like Nuneaton, especially while CCFC are temporarily moved.

I don't think Nuneaton fans would jump at the chance to be franchised out, again, you're assuming a millionaire would take over, why? Nuneaton are BSP lower mid table/relegation fodder and some of their top performers are CCFC kids! Also, they don't have good prospects too little support base since it is only a 'town'. Who said that this millionaire would be able to take them up the leagues? It costs a lot of money over a prolonged period and he'd/she'd would probably end up screwing that club over, like Perter Reid for CCFC or more recently, SISU for CCFC, they promised Premiership football, we're in L1.

I can't believe anyone, including myself, dignified this thread with a response - possibly the most stupid thread since I've joined.

dongonzalos

I have a feeling the slight sniff of this getting proposed and Tim's grand plan would change dramatically.

Or even the bluff(as some believe it is) would stop getting banded about.

dongonzalos

It's what I would do if I were Mr Haskell. Tim is suggesting moving the club and building a new stadium over two to three years. Which I assume would have to come under Warwickshire's planning department. So is unlikely to be in Coventry anyway.

Mr Haskell we assume really wants the Ricoh and land. He is smart enough to realise making the football club a success will pave the way to this end product.

In the two/three years it would take SISU to build a new stadium outside Coventry.

He could give Coventry a more successful team in Coventry in the Ricoh.

Or even by proposing it he forces SISU away from this ludicrous threat and possibly back to selling.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Its just plain arrogance to suggest that Coventry deserves a football team more than Nuneaton, which is primarily what you're saying.

Or they still deserve to have a football team playing two miles down the road in a fantastic stadium owned by a multimillionaire. I am sure we could ask them first which they fancy?

Burton Albion? What are your links there?

Last edited:

WillieStanley

Or they still deserve to have a football team playing two miles down the road in a fantastic stadium owned by a multimillionaire. I am sure we could ask them first which they fancy?

Button Albion? What are your links there?

Family. Its where my Mum is from. When I was younger I took a particular interest due to that and Nigel Cough!!

stupot07

Button Albion? What are your links there?

I'm sure they wouldn't, as a club that have had to reform they won't want someone playing god with them. Why don't you ask them on the boro forum.

dongonzalos

What would you prefer, since you haven't said explicitly one way or the other, only imply things, as usual.

Since I support Coventry City and that's where my loyalties lie, that's who I'll watch, again, you're assuming we're going to be playing in Northampton, if anything, it'll be Brum at worst. I wouldn't support a franchise football team that is little and insignificant like Nuneaton, especially while CCFC are temporarily moved.

I don't think Nuneaton fans would jump at the chance to be franchised out, again, you're assuming a millionaire would take over, why? Nuneaton are BSP lower mid table/relegation fodder and some of their top performers are CCFC kids! Also, they don't have good prospects too little support base since it is only a 'town'. Who said that this millionaire would be able to take them up the leagues? It costs a lot of money over a prolonged period and he'd/she'd would probably end up screwing that club over, like Perter Reid for CCFC or more recently, SISU for CCFC, they promised Premiership football, we're in L1.

I can't believe anyone, including myself, dignified this thread with a response - possibly the most stupid thread since I've joined.

Sometimes to fight stupid people you have to think like stupid people.

Mucca Mad Boys

Burton Albion? What are your links there?

Like the people who say they'll only watch CCFC in Coventry, why would the Nuneaton fans support Nuneaton when they play in Coventry.

By the sounds of it, most of Nuneatoners support Cov anyway.

lordsummerisle

To be fair an awful lot of people have been in support of a club uprooting and moving far away from their home-town.

Northampton Rugby Club moving to the Ricoh one mooted quite often.

As long as ACL are supported by some sort of club, the "moral" imperative for a club staying within it's boundaries seems to disappear.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair an awful lot of people have been in support of a club uprooting and moving far away from their home-town.

Northampton Rugby Club moving to the Ricoh one mooted quite often.

As long as ACL are supported by some sort of club, the "moral" imperative for a club staying within it's boundaries seems to disappear.

ACL hasn't been mentioned?

Brighton Sky Blue

Not here, but in previous discussions on how well ACL will do without the club, with particular mention given to Northampton Rugby Club replacing us.

I think only MMM has said that. ACL want the club to stay and have offered large concessions to try and enable that.

Users who are viewing this thread