Hypothetical Question just a bit if fun (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Imagine if SISU were not bluffing about going to Northampton.

Imagine if their plan was to go there on a month by month contract. Hoping that it forces the council to do business with them to bring the football team back to Coventry.

If this happened and the council then allowed one of our local teams say Nuneaton to come in at a dirty cheap rent that rises with promotions and decreases with relegations.

Someone like Haskell buys Nuneaton and what he wants in the Ricoh and sets about taking Nuneaton up the leagues.

Would you travel to Northampton to watch SISU's Coventry City in League one

Or

Would you travel to the Ricoh to watch probably the strongest side in the Blue square. .....

Samo

...Neither...

Grendel

And the point of this is?

Nuneaton won't leave Nuneaton their fan base is a few thousand at most I know you said it was hypothetical, but pointless to even consider it will never happen...still looking for the fun bit of the question! next!

dongonzalos

Nuneaton won't leave Nuneaton their fan base is a few thousand at most I know you said it was hypothetical, but pointless to even consider it will never happen...still looking for the fun bit of the question! next!

What would their fan base be as the only pro club in Coventry after securing promotion from blue square?

dongonzalos

I wonder....

I guess it is a reverse of what SISU are suggesting.

They take the club away to hold the council to ransom.

Yet for someone like Haskell you bring a football club into the arena.

Get the deals you want with the council ACL etc.... Re the Ricoh.

For modest amounts you get success with Nuneaton. You start climbing the leagues.

You develop the Arena be in the Championship by the time the site is developed and the train station is there.

Crowds grow with each successful season.

Sell the whole package to someone capable of taking the next step to the prem.

stupot07

I wonder....

I guess it is a reverse of what SISU are suggesting.

They take the club away to hold the council to ransom.

Yet for someone like Haskell you bring a football club into the arena.

Get the deals you want with the council ACL etc.... Re the Ricoh.

For modest amounts you get success with Nuneaton. You start climbing the leagues.

You develop the Arena be in the Championship by the time the site is developed and the train station is there.

Crowds grow with each successful season.

Sell the whole package to someone capable of taking the next step to the prem.

The majoritu of people in Coventry can't be arsed Coventry, they won't just start support Nuneaton. Crowd may grow but they will be lower than what we've been able to get, probable 3-4k in league one.

dongonzalos

The majoritu of people in Coventry can't be arsed Coventry, they won't just start support Nuneaton. Crowd may grow but they will be lower than what we've been able to get, probable 3-4k in league one.

Even in the championship after back to back promotions?

WillieStanley

Interesting ..........

You honestly beleive that the people of Coventry would switch allegencies to Nuneaton?

I for one would rather have nothing. CCFC or nothing. Nuneaton hasn't the population to support a club in the Champ - especially as there is already a Coventry following there anyway.

I'm convinced that if it came to it, even if Coventry City was nothing more than a significant piece of history, the average Coventry fan could have no one else.

ccfc92

You honestly beleive that the people of Coventry would switch allegencies to Nuneaton?

I for one would rather have nothing. CCFC or nothing. Nuneaton hasn't the population to support a club in the Champ - especially as there is already a Coventry following there anyway.

I'm convinced that if it came to it, even if Coventry City was nothing more than a significant piece of history, the average Coventry fan could have no one else.

Spot on Willie, 100% agree

Grendel

The more interesting hypothetical situation would be if Coventry rugby club had. Northampton saints type stadium.

The club could then move and I think they would until ACL and the council offered sensible terms.

Brighton Sky Blue

The more interesting hypothetical situation would be if Coventry rugby club had. Northampton saints type stadium.

The club could then move and I think they would until ACL and the council offered sensible terms.

Which part of the last terms offered wasn't sensible?

Grendel

Which part of the last terms offered wasn't sensible?

Too little too late. The over payment should be factored in. As Doncaster cannot benefit from naming rites they are getting £900,000 back over the next 10 years.

Brighton Sky Blue

Too little too late. The over payment should be factored in. As Doncaster cannot benefit from naming rites they are getting £900,000 back over the next 10 years.

Fail to see why when Fisher took the boycott on himself. That the ARVO debenture was applied at the same time hints that they had no intention of accepting anything shy of busting ACL.

dongonzalos

What if Nuneaton changed its name.

I assume you would not support Coventry in Northampton as that is no longer Coventry.

Nuneaton playing at the Ricoh would effectively allow Coventry to have a football team.

If it had an owner you trusted had the income steams and was successful.

That would not tempt you?

Grendel

Fail to see why when Fisher took the boycott on himself. That the ARVO debenture was applied at the same time hints that they had no intention of accepting anything shy of busting ACL.

Any new owners will want a better deal than that currently on offer.

dongonzalos

I think that is what SISU would like to do.

Move somewhere leaving the Ricoh desolate until the council beg them to come back.

stupot07

I assume you would not support Coventry in Northampton as that is no longer Coventry.

Nuneaton playing at the Ricoh would effectively allow Coventry to have a football team.

No, still wouldn't tempt me. I would know it's not Coventry with non of the history. In fact I don't think I would be interested in an AFC Coventry either.

Grendel

Why would it tempt anyone? No one would support such a team. Would you?

Users who are viewing this thread