Hypothetical Question just a bit if fun (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

No one would go. Nuneaton should play in Nuneaton and NOT Coventry. Who would want to see a Franchise Team? ;)

Tesco's would need to stock up on white socks if Nuneaton did move into the Ricoh.

stupot07

I think most of them would catch a bus down the road and watching the best team in their league instead to be honest.

So why so they spend their Saturdays watching Nuneaton rather than going to the Ricoh to watch cov if they are just interested in watching the best team in the local area?

Go an float the idea on their forum and comeback with the results.

torchomatic

lordsummerisle

At least Dongle isn't doing his worrying quotations he was a couple of weeks back.

Always scared I'll see him on News at Ten with a shaved head, dressed in Sky Blue Robes kneeling outside the Ricoh covered in petrol with a lit lighter in his hands,.

Nonleagueherewecome

And nor does, we are moving to <name ground here> or the Club would be wound up if SISU were given the ground. They are groundless (excuse the pun) words tossed around for fun by loads of people on here.

"Most" fans? I would say ALL fans want SISU to go, I don't think anyone wants them to stay. Personally, though unlike a lot of people I back the Club - that's Coventry City - 100% and offer no support, no ground, no excuses to SISU or ACL. That's what does it for me. Your and others continual backing of a joint venture company in preference to the club they support. You do it time and time again.

As I said, CCFC not ACL.

I think Godiva would be upset. Grendel's been having a breakdown over the prospect for the last 2 months.

Also, I feel differently on your other point. If you support CCFC and believe that the owners are massively damaging the club, then of course you are entitled to be opposed to the owners. It doesn't make me support CCFC any less than 100% if I am 100% opposed to SISU. To my logic, anybody backing them is causing damage by legitamatising a regime-I didn't say not going to games, but defending and justifying their actions in an arena such as this. Further, if I believe that ACL are maybe 5% as culpable of damaging the club as SISU are-and indeed think that they have acted reasonably in their negotiations with SISU-being in support of their actions does not in any way diminish the extent to which I am 100% behind CCFC. To imply that backing ACL over SISU makes anyone less of a City fan is plain wrong. If anyone thinks that, then they deserve grief back for defending SISU.

torchomatic

I'm not suggesting anyone should oppose SISU - or the next lot - if they wish to. However, you seem to have it skewed a little. Oppose them 100% or "deserve grief". If they were backing ACL over SISU then fair enough, but I don't get that. There are a few who seem to put ACL before their Club, not SISU, but their Club. You may disagree, but they are there.

I won't back SISU or ACL. And I shall celebrate as much when ACL are jettisoned as when the same thing happens to SISU.

I think Godiva would be upset. Grendel's been having a breakdown over the prospect for the last 2 months.

Also, I feel differently on your other point. If you support CCFC and believe that the owners are massively damaging the club, then of course you are entitled to be opposed to the owners. It doesn't make me support CCFC any less than 100% if I am 100% opposed to SISU. To my logic, anybody backing them is causing damage by legitamatising a regime-I didn't say not going to games, but defending and justifying their actions in an arena such as this. Further, if I believe that ACL are maybe 5% as culpable of damaging the club as SISU are-and indeed think that they have acted reasonably in their negotiations with SISU-being in support of their actions does not in any way diminish the extent to which I am 100% behind CCFC. To imply that backing ACL over SISU makes anyone less of a City fan is plain wrong. If anyone thinks that, then they deserve grief back for defending SISU.

dongonzalos

So why so they spend their Saturdays watching Nuneaton rather than going to the Ricoh to watch cov if they are just interested in watching the best team in the local area?

Go an float the idea on their forum and comeback with the results.

Because at the moment they don't have the option to watch their team at the Ricoh owned by a millionaire

dongonzalos

That's the point.

I don't agree that if you support CCFC you can't attack SISU. ACL and the council seem at the moment to be providing the only viable plan to remove SISU

torchomatic

The point was missed. It's not about attacking SISU it's about sticking up for ACL more than anyone, including CCFC.

That's the point.

I don't agree that if you support CCFC you can't attack SISU. ACL and the council seem at the moment to be providing the only viable plan to remove SISU

dongonzalos

The point was missed. It's not about attacking SISU it's about sticking up for ACL more than anyone, including CCFC.

Not missed just a different point.

SISU = bad for Club

ACL & Council = way to remove SISU

Support ACL & Council in battle with SISU = SISU gone

Only you and maybe Grendel seem to see it as supporting ACL over the club.

It is not ACL verses the club more verses SISU.

torchomatic

Why didn't you put:

ACL = Good for the Club
CCC = good for the Club

torchomatic

Why are they good for the club now then? At this moment in time. What are they doing that is benefiting Coventry City.

And before you say it, I know SISU aren't doing anything to benefit us either, but that's not the question. We know that. I'm trying to get it clear in my mind why so many people on here defend ACL to the hilt. Even in trying to say how well they would do if CCFC did leave.

I am trying to figure out what benefit CCFC get from ACL.

Good for the club whilst they are trying to get rid of SISU.
Long term who knows, depends on the new owners.

Manchester_sky_blue

Something tells me this wasn't a hypothetical question or a bit of fun. This is an actual proposal - one I fear mights be Dons preferred outcome.

Should the worst come to the worst and CCFC fail to exist, I would guess most City fans would either give up on football completely, become a nuetral, start following (I use that word deliberately as there are no replacements in football) their second team more closely, of which most people have and may well be Nuneaton (in my case the mighty Burton Albion) or find a new hobby. I would imagine that most Nuneaton fans are so because they're proud of their little club who do quite well and have built quite a decent club and there'd be an uproar even more malicious than our current disgruntled petition at the very prospect of the big City next door trying to steal their team.

Its just plain arrogance to suggest that Coventry deserves a football team more than Nuneaton, which is primarily what you're saying.

Well said that man, agree 100%

I live in the North West (have done for a long time now) and I follow Rochdale as my second team, if the unthinkable should happen and CCFC ceases to be then I will likely just go to a few more Dale games than I do already but I would not become a Rochdale "fan", not in the true sense of the word.

As it goes, where we play our home games makes little difference to me as I only go to 2 maybe 3 home games a season at best but I do go to a lot of away games so the new season will be only marginally different if we don't end up playing at the Ricoh. That said I probably wouldn't travel to Nene Park or the Bescot on principle.

dongonzalos

Why are they good for the club now then? At this moment in time. What are they doing that is benefiting Coventry City.

And before you say it, I know SISU aren't doing anything to benefit us either, but that's not the question. We know that. I'm trying to get it clear in my mind why so many people on here defend ACL to the hilt. Even in trying to say how well they would do if CCFC did leave.

Trying to get rid rid of SISU. No one else can.

James Smith

Also, Whelan did not have to contend with FFP.

Doesn't matter how many squillions Haskell has if the revenue doesn't allow financing of a competitive and successful squad.
At the moment though we have very little money coming in (can you buy a season ticket yet?) and it appears no official firm decision on where we're going to be playing yet or who owns the club (i.e. golden share), administrator or Holdings. A transfer embargo and no end in sight yet to the administration, so FFP is currently only one of a few big worries that we have.

When will SISU get it through their thick skulls that they are destroying the numbers of supporters who will come to watch our club next season by their actions? Fewer supporters = less revenue = less to spend under FFP.

torchomatic

OK. But they chose SISU in the first place, didn't they?

Also, they have said they would never sell to SISU, which doesn't help the club either. And who's to say they won't make a similar error of judgement in the future?

Trying to get rid rid of SISU. No one else can.

dongonzalos

Also, they have said they would never sell to SISU, which doesn't help the club either. And who's to say they won't make a similar error of judgement in the future?

According to many SISU saved us and there was no one else.

It is not the council who chose SISU?

Surely it was the Cov City Board.

Basically SISU choose us IMO. As they were the only ones crazy enough to bid for a club before it goes into admin instead of getting it much cheaper.

dongonzalos

I beg to differ never selling to SISU IMO is safeguarding the club by trying to force SISU out.

If SISU had shown throughout that they had the interests of the club at heart would the council make such a outlandish statement?

Last edited:

torchomatic

Because we don't own the ground it was up to the ACL/CCC monster to decide who their 'preferred' bidder was.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

:thinking about:Took me a while but I think I've thought of something how about offering a ground IN Coventry to play in?
:thinking about:How about offering a reduction of to two thirds in the rent?
:thinking about:How about offering a share of F+B?

Brighton Sky Blue

Might not be much but ACL did pay for upkeep of the pitch when the club stopped.

Sky Blue Kid

"And it's ACL
A-C-L
They're by far the greatest joint venture company consisting of Coventry City Council and the Alan Edward Higgs Charity
the world has ever seen"

CCFC not ACL

CCFC not SISU:wave:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

"And it's ACL
A-C-L
They're by far the greatest joint venture company consisting of Coventry City Council and the Alan Edward Higgs Charity
the world has ever seen"

CCFC not ACL

When the Glazers took over Man U lifelong supporters understood that their club was not their club so formed FC United why are we any different? Its not CCFC versus anybody its SISU you can want the club to carry on but ultimately if SISU decide that its better for them to liqudate the club you me or anybody else will not be able to do anything about it.

stupot07

Because at the moment they don't have the option to watch their team at the Ricoh owned by a millionaire

It won't be their club, as you say it would be Coventry nuns not Nuneaton town....have you asked the question on the their forum yet?

torchomatic

Wht stpd wnkr y r

srry th vwls n my kybrd sm t b brkn

"And it's ACL
A-C-L
the world has ever seen"

CCFC not ACL

stupot07

When the Glazers took over Man U lifelong supporters understood that their club was not their club so formed FC United why are we any different? Its not CCFC versus anybody its SISU you can want the club to carry on but ultimately if SISU decide that its better for them to liqudate the club you me or anybody else will not be able to do anything about it.

Ironically, FC United play in Bury not in the city of Manchester, and while they get 1800 fans Manu continue to get 70k+ and a are global brand...there wasn't swaves of supporters jumping ship to get on the fc united bandwagon.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Ironically, FC United play in Bury not in the city of Manchester, and while they get 1800 fans Manu continue to get 70k+ and a are global brand...there wasn't swaves of supporters jumping ship to get on the fc united bandwagon.

Correct just pointing out that CCFC being our club is a myth (that I also believe and have done for 54 years) but in reality its not its theirs to do with what they wish. Just like the supporters of Giants and Dodgers in New York thought that their teams were theirs till they moved to California.

Mucca Mad Boys

Because you now have a city with a population of 311k with no football club.

For them it is a no brainer unless they are happy in the Blue square for ever.

But they aren't Coventarians who support Coventry! They wouldn't want that, if I were a Nuneatoner, I'd resist that move.

Why don't you post this on their boards and comeback with their real opinions before you make their decisions for them! You're coming across as ignorant, arrogant and stupid!

If some Brummy came on here and asked if we wanted to become a Birmingham based team for CL football I'm sure 80% minimum on here would object.

Users who are viewing this thread