Hypothetical Question just a bit if fun (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

The point was missed. It's not about attacking SISU it's about sticking up for ACL more than anyone, including CCFC.

Y'see I think you're still missing my point-which is that SISU in their guise as CCFC owners are the ones imperilling CCFC's future. ACL aren't, frankly. ACL are made out to be the bad guy by SISU-I don't believe they are, I don't believe any of the arguments against ACL, I do believe that ACL have the interests of CCFC at heart. Why on earth would I and others be defending ACL otherwise? We don't support ACL FC, do we? (despite what some wags would imply ;))

Anyone who trots out the "well I'm just sick of it, they're both as bad as each other" line has fallen into the trap SISU want them to fall into.

Oh and I didn't say deserve grief if they don't oppose SISU-I said anyone saying that a CCFC supporter who backs ACL against SISU isn't still 100% behind CCFC, they deserve grief in return if they publically back SISU. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Ironically, FC United play in Bury not in the city of Manchester, and while they get 1800 fans Manu continue to get 70k+ and a are global brand...there wasn't swaves of supporters jumping ship to get on the fc united bandwagon.

They are a protest club, never meant to replace Man U. They have frequently sold more tickets at Gigg Lane than Bury and had half-a-dozen promotions since they formed. They're doing all right, fair play to them-not quite sure that they deserve mocking? :thinking about:

dongonzalos

But they aren't Coventarians who support Coventry! They wouldn't want that, if I were a Nuneatoner, I'd resist that move.

Why don't you post this on their boards and comeback with their real opinions before you make their decisions for them! You're coming across as ignorant, arrogant and stupid!

If some Brummy came on here and asked if we wanted to become a Birmingham based team for CL football I'm sure 80% minimum on here would object.

I know plenty of Nuneaton people who support Coventry.

I would guess their are more fans from Nuneaton who attend the Ricoh than go to Nuneaton

dongonzalos

It won't be their club, as you say it would be Coventry nuns not Nuneaton town....have you asked the question on the their forum yet?

That is a mindset if they want to class it as their club then it would be.

You can ask them if you want?

I personally am not into joining other forums. I am sure there will be some people from Nuneaton on here

psgm1

Banned
Lets ignore the obvious impossibilities for a while (league would NEVER accept a month by month basis), I would expect that the ricoh arena would very quickly apply for planning permission to fit a roof, and re-organise the interia to allow exhibitions.

Not a chance they would simply leave it empty awaiting sisu to honour them with their presence. It has enormous potential for exhibitions, which is precisely why sisu :

a) want the arena
b) are destroying the team

Even IF sisu get a "victory" and are awarded the golden share, and persuade the league to allow them to move, it will be a phyrric victory and short lived.

But hey it's all hypothetical, as sisu know the only viable option is to play at the ricoh!

stupot07

They are a protest club, never meant to replace Man U. They have frequently sold more tickets at Gigg Lane than Bury and had half-a-dozen promotions since they formed. They're doing all right, fair play to them-not quite sure that they deserve mocking? :thinking about:

I wasn't meaning to mock them.

Mucca Mad Boys

That is a mindset if they want to class it as their club then it would be.

You can ask them if you want?

I personally am not into joining other forums. I am sure there will be some people from Nuneaton on here

I doubt that despite Nuneatons average attendance being 997.

SkyBlueSwiss

OK. But they chose SISU in the first place, didn't they?

Also, they have said they would never sell to SISU, which doesn't help the club either. And who's to say they won't make a similar error of judgement in the future?

Why on Earth do you state that refusing to sell to SISU was an error of judgment?
Good grief, surely you cannot mean that, or have I (hopefully) mis-interpreted your post?

torchomatic

fck ff cnt

What a fucking nobhead you are.................................................................It seems the vowels are working perfectly ok on my keyboard:slap:

torchomatic

Don't worry. I'm convinced. ACL are the blameless good guys in all this. Only looking after the taxpayers of Coventry and their community asset. I won't say a word now.

A flair for the dramatic Torch?

dongonzalos

At least Dongle isn't doing his worrying quotations he was a couple of weeks back.

Always scared I'll see him on News at Ten with a shaved head, dressed in Sky Blue Robes kneeling outside the Ricoh covered in petrol with a lit lighter in his hands,.

Just for you lord....

“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”

The Chinese are very wise people :)

Sky Blue Kid

Torchy....

I see your son is teaching you how to git dahn wiv da bad boyz wiv da nobhed spek init:pimp:

CCFC NOT SISU.

Last edited:

Grendel

Don't worry. I'm convinced. ACL are the blameless good guys in all this. Only looking after the taxpayers of Coventry and their community asset. I won't say a word now.

Yes I agree as well. I'm nominating them for the Nobel peace prize.

Mucca Mad Boys

Doubt what?

Sorry, I meant to quote this:

I know plenty of Nuneaton people who support Coventry.

I would guess their are more fans from Nuneaton who attend the Ricoh than go to Nuneaton

But to the post I quoted:

If you're the one making these assumptions, you should be able to back them up, therefore, you can only ask Nuns fans so why don't you join their board. I wouldn't dare humiliate myself by asking the question, you on the other hand, I wouldn't mind.

dongonzalos

Sorry, I meant to quote this:

But to the post I quoted:

If you're the one making these assumptions, you should be able to back them up, therefore, you can only ask Nuns fans so why don't you join their board. I wouldn't dare humiliate myself by asking the question, you on the other hand, I wouldn't mind.

So you don't think more than 997 people from Nuneaton attend the Ricoh?

I didn't really understand your waffle about boards.

Mucca Mad Boys

So you don't think more than 997 people from Nuneaton attend the Ricoh?

I didn't really understand your waffle about boards.

I wouldn't say approx 10% of our support come from Nuneatoners. There could be, but I don't know for sure.

You asked why don't I ask on the Nuns board, well, why should I? A) I'm not making assumptions that need to be backed up B) it's such an embarrassing question I wouldn't bother humiliating myself.

dongonzalos

I wouldn't say approx 10% of our support come from Nuneatoners. There could be, but I don't know for sure.

You asked why don't I ask on the Nuns board, well, why should I? A) I'm not making assumptions that need to be backed up B) it's such an embarrassing question I wouldn't bother humiliating myself.

I have no interest in going in the Nuneaton fans board.

It's seems common sense to me that more than 997 people from Nuneaton would attend the Ricoh.
Of that 997 some would go to Nuneaton one week and the Ricoh the other. Also they probably choose one or the other when fixtures clash. Depending on various factors.

If you are so desperate to go on the Nuneaton forum go on.

Say you are asking because I am stupid if you want.
Save yourself any embarrassment and all that.......

However I get a feeling those who do come to the Ricoh or don't wont necessarily be members of their forum and you will be completely wasting your time.

However feel free.

dongonzalos

Just a little thought for you. Nuneaton has a population of 81 thousand people. Approximately one percent of them go to Nuneaton matches.
Three percent of coventry's population attend matches.
Do you think the other 2 percent of football fans from Nuneaton sit at home twiddling their fingers or are they elsewhere?

stupot07

I have no interest in going in the Nuneaton fans board.

It's seems common sense to me that more than 997 people from Nuneaton would attend the Ricoh.
Of that 997 some would go to Nuneaton one week and the Ricoh the other. Also they probably choose one or the other when fixtures clash. Depending on various factors.

If you are so desperate to go on the Nuneaton forum go on.

Say you are asking because I am stupid if you want.
Save yourself any embarrassment and all that.......

However I get a feeling those who do come to the Ricoh or don't wont necessarily be members of their forum and you will be completely wasting your time.

However feel free.

Not many will go to Nuneaton and cov games on alternative weeks on a regular basis. They are either Nuneaton town fans or cov fans. And I don't get why it is significant that more Nuneaton residents go to the Ricoh than watch Nuneaton town - that's because they're cov fans non Nuneaton town and not Coventry nun fans.

This hypothetical question is a non starter, you're so blatantly on the wind up and I'm a mug for falling for it.

dongonzalos

Not many will go to Nuneaton and cov games on alternative weeks on a regular basis. They are either Nuneaton town fans or cov fans. And I don't get why it is significant that more Nuneaton residents go to the Ricoh than watch Nuneaton town - that's because they're cov fans non Nuneaton town and not Coventry nun fans.

This hypothetical question is a non starter, you're so blatantly on the wind up and I'm a mug for falling for it.

You can be both I know people who go to both.

Until recently we were in different spheres

Grendel

Just a little thought for you. Nuneaton has a population of 81 thousand people. Approximately one percent of them go to Nuneaton matches.
Three percent of coventry's population attend matches.
Do you think the other 2 percent of football fans from Nuneaton sit at home twiddling their fingers or are they elsewhere?

It's not 3% though as many fans live in surrounding areas.

Your calculation is far too simple.

Users who are viewing this thread