sw88

Chief Commentator!
Aug 7, 2009
Coventry
Glad Wales got the winner, purely to keep my dreams of winning a £22 accumulator alive :)

Little concerned about Roys choice of line up for us though....... GLad I didn't put them in it!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Aug 7, 2009
Coventry
Harsh of vardy, its all to fit Rooney in the side.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Which annoys the hell out of me! People refer to Rooney's International record as being really good. But look at some of the teams hes scored again, and then look at the team hes hasn't managed to score against.

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
Glad Wales got the winner, purely to keep my dreams of winning a £22 accumulator alive :)

Little concerned about Roys choice of line up for us though....... GLad I didn't put them in it!
I think it's fair to say Wales had some serious luck along the way today but fair play to them

Reactions: sw88

CJ_covblaze

May 19, 2013
Coventry
That was horrific. It was like a warzone. Police tear gassing English fans for singing whilst local kids were present. Police then penned in English, locals and some Russians around 100 yards away from there which is where we were. Russian ultras/hooligans came walking down a side street towards the us wearing balaclavas whilst holding knives and batons stabbing and hitting anyone that they could. Including some near us eating pizza, sitting have a chat and a drink. The guys that charged at them looked round and nobody could get out. Someone had to do something as the police were more interested in tear gassing those singing further up and penning everyone in (which meant we were all lambs to the slaughter) so they grabbed tables chairs etc and charged up the side street to try to hold them off. Russians fought their way through and then broke off into separate groups. After pushing the wife into a bar who would close their door me and two or three others in our group along with various other English then spent the next 20-30 mins picking people up and giving first aid. Police were useless and did nothing to help. Very few medics around to help too. Two looked in a very bad way with stab wounds and other trauma. Countless others that were covered in blood belonging to them and others.

Never experienced anything that bad! 2018 could be even worse.

Reactions: lifeskyblue

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
That was horrific. It was like a warzone. Police tear gassing English fans for singing whilst local kids were present. Police then penned in English, locals and some Russians around 100 yards away from there which is where we were. Russian ultras/hooligans came walking down a side street towards the us wearing balaclavas whilst holding knives and batons stabbing and hitting anyone that they could. Including some near us eating pizza, sitting have a chat and a drink. The guys that charged at them looked round and nobody could get out. Someone had to do something as the police were more interested in tear gassing those singing further up and penning everyone in (which meant we were all lambs to the slaughter) so they grabbed tables chairs etc and charged up the side street to try to hold them off. Russians fought their way through and then broke off into separate groups. After pushing the wife into a bar who would close their door me and two or three others in our group along with various other English then spent the next 20-30 mins picking people up and giving first aid. Police were useless and did nothing to help. Very few medics around to help too. Two looked in a very bad way with stab wounds and other trauma. Countless others that were covered in blood belonging to them and others.

Sounds shocking, stay safe!

Was it innocent people they were going at?

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
Omg CJ, they sounds horrendous. I really admire your bravery in helping the injured when you must have been terrified. i really hope the truth comes out.

Hope you and the wife have a safe trip.

Bugsy

Aug 13, 2012
Coventry

Then the media portrays as the bad ones fucking clowns.. hope everyone one can be safe and sound wish all those out there well and safe.. PUSB

Macca

Mar 6, 2011
Every clip i see shows average England fans being attacked in an organised fashion by proper highly organised Russian thugs who appear to be trying to kill people, worse than any of the boorish yobbery you usually associate with english fans

King of the Lesbians

Jul 24, 2013
Every clip i see shows average England fans being attacked in an organised fashion by proper highly organised Russian thugs who appear to be trying to kill people, worse than any of the boorish yobbery you usually associate with english fans
Yeah, doesn't look like your normal handbags. Proper ugly stuff going on...

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
Keep safe CJ
On the game itself the Russians look extremely well Marshalled, we're struggling to find space.

Last edited:

Gazolba

Jan 26, 2013
BBC says 'outside the UK'
England line-up obviously arranged solely to make room for Rooney. But we've played well so far (15 mins) with a couple of clear-cut chances missed. Kane still taking corners! Must be the only one who can.

Gazolba

Jan 26, 2013
Sterling right through on goal but Russian defender makes magnificent tackle just as Sterling is about to shoot. He should have cut inside. England looking very lively and creating lots of chances ... but missing them. This could go on and on and then Russia score.

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
Has Harry Kane had a touch yet apart from corner taking.
Get the second striker on, that defence will eat him up Solo

Gazolba

Jan 26, 2013
Half-time 0-0. England had at least 3-4 clear-cut chances to score and Russia one. England well on top but unable to score. I can see this being decided by a single goal, either way. Watching this game live with Spanish commentary as the English channel has it on tape delay.

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
Worrying.

England playing well, but their finishing is poor. Everything dragged wide or hit straight at the keeper. Alli and Sterling reluctant to shoot at times.

You have to score when you are on top. Can't believe Russia will be so inept in the second half.

Shame, cos we are playing well.

Reactions: sw88

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
Yeah thought thay was one of the best england tournament performances I've seen in a long time, just lacking a bit of comoure in the final third.

Covstu

Aug 17, 2008
Costa del Cov
Really strong performance but need two men in the box, sterling and llanna are playing well but we need a striker. I would give it 20 mins then take sterling off for vardy. Rooney playing very well

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Aug 7, 2009
Coventry
Worrying.

England playing well, but their finishing is poor. Everything dragged wide or hit straight at the keeper. Alli and Sterling reluctant to shoot at times.

You have to score when you are on top. Can't believe Russia will be so inept in the second half.

Shame, cos we are playing well.

Are we City in disguise? :D

no_loyalty

Feb 24, 2015
It was very impressive, the pressing and closing down when we didn't have the ball was excellent

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
i think England's playing some great football

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
Yep, agreedm lallana probably man of the match so far, walker also playing wellm

Gazolba

Jan 26, 2013
Russia are the most boring team to watch. They play like robots.

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
I think we need a Vardy type with Kane.

We just dont seem to be able to put it in the net :(

Gazolba

Jan 26, 2013
No movement from England. Everyone standing still. To open up a defence you need movement.

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
It's been a bit like a friendly.

In the first half even with the pressure there wasn't much urgency.

Sterling had the ball and stood still for 2 or 3 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread