Euro 2016 big thread (1 Viewer)

LastGarrison

For such a great little player, and that goal was world class, his corners were awful!!!

Evra's a liability and was the second best left back on the pitch to a guy called Rat!!

However, if they do tighten up defensively then they do have a chance of winning it as they have some quality players going forward.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Looks like English football violence is making a bit of comeback lately.

A very high number of unsavoury incident at the end of last season involving English clubs and now disgraceful scenes in France.

Need to be a big clamp down on this asap

sw88

Chief Commentator!

A very high number of unsavoury incident at the end of last season involving English clubs and now disgraceful scenes in France.

Some fans are really helping our reputation! Such a shame as it always seems to be football fans and the reputation sticks!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
For such a great little player, and that goal was world class, his corners were awful!!!

Evra's a liability and was the second best left back on the pitch to a guy called Rat!!

However, if they do tighten up defensively then they do have a chance of winning it as they have some quality players going forward.

Evra was awful. How he's even in their team is beyond me, unless they're second choice is equally as poor

CJ_covblaze

Hopefully those that have caused it will get a ban. The Russians and locals have an equal part to play too.

CJ_covblaze

Evra was awful. How he's even in their team is beyond me, unless they're second choice is equally as poor

Been playing in a relatively poor league that's nowhere near the level it was 15 years ago. About his level now.

clint van damme

Romanias problem was there for everyone to see. For a modern day team there was a distinct lack of ink.

Whole squad needs to get down to the tattooist before the next game, a few half sleeves should resolve the issue.

theferret

Seems odd that England fans have traveled around the world for almost 20 years largely without incident, yet the moment they step back in Marseille there is trouble. Somewhat predictably though there is very little talk of role the locals, Russians and the police are playing. Clearly some idiots out there, no question, but seems to be a lot of provocation. My experience from watching England away is that if you get a large group outside a pub getting pissed, you just leave them be. All they'll do is sing questionable songs, get sunburnt and make a tit of themselves in front of the locals. Stand outside the pub with riot shields at the ready, throw in locals looking for trouble, then it only takes one idiot to throw a bottle and there is a riot.

Sick Boy

Seems odd that England fans have traveled around the world for almost 20 years largely without incident, yet the moment they step back in Marseille there is trouble. Somewhat predictably though there is very little talk of role the locals, Russians and the police are playing. Clearly some idiots out there, no question, but seems to be a lot of provocation. My experience from watching England away is that if you get a large group outside a pub getting pissed, you just leave them be. All they'll do is sing questionable songs, get sunburnt and make a tit of themselves in front of the locals. Stand outside the pub with riot shields at the ready, throw in locals looking for trouble, then it only takes one idiot to throw a bottle and there is a riot.

It seems that other countries seem to manage without all of the problems. Some of the behaviour in the videos online is a disgrace.

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

It seems that other countries seem to manage without all of the problems. Some of the behaviour in the videos online is a disgrace.

Is it that or is it that we just don't hear about, for example, Poland's hooligans, who are undoubtably a nasty bunch.

Liquid Gold

I don't think there is a conspiracy against the English, no.

I'm not suggesting some conspiracy against the English but by all accounts these troubles have been small, isolated events involving England fans, Russians & locals. If this were a few Ukrainians at one bar in St Etienne then I doubt it would make English national news.

Sick Boy

I'm not suggesting some conspiracy against the English but by all accounts these troubles have been small, isolated events involving England fans, Russians & locals. If this were a few Ukrainians at one bar in St Etienne then I doubt it would make English national news.

I think that you are downplaying what has happened, IMO. Again, not sure why other countries' fans are able to go abroad and drink alcohol without it descending to this. It's a shame as the behaviour of the fans has been praised at recent tournaments; it's a shame that these bellends want to undo all of that.

I see they are still singing no surrender to the ira and German bombers- they should probably get some new songs, as well.

Liquid Gold

I think that you are downplaying what has happened, IMO.

Yeah perhaps, it's hard to judge a situation without actually witnessing it first hand and we undoubtably have some knuckle draggers following England. Would be good to hear from someone on here who is there.

Nick

Administrator
Never understood why people so young sing songs about the ira etc. They probably don't even know what it's about.

mark82

To be fair from the few clips I saw on the news the local police were a bit keen to start firing tear gas. Looked like a handful of people having a go followed by firing tear gas into crowded bar patios, which lead to a bit of chair throwing.

mark82

Not defending those involved who are idiots who let us down but plenty of innocent folk got caught up in it.

Otis

Some fans are really helping our reputation! Such a shame as it always seems to be football fans and the reputation sticks!

Not sure if it's just me, but I find it all the more embarrassing and all the more uncomfortable after what happened with the Islamic terrorists killing all those people in France such a short time ago.

Just makes all this nonsense all the more ridiculous and pointless doesn't it?

Weird us humans. We can link arms as nations, share despair and tragedy and be united as one for fleeting moments and then suddenly go back to the same old ways with nothing seemingly changed, carrying on as before.

Does nothing ever have any affect on these sorts of people? No incident at all? I know it's only a few mindless idiots, but in donning England gear and singing patriotic songs, it appears to others as they represent this country.

When 9/11 happened I rethought my life. Decided to be closer to my friends and family and try and leave each day as if it were my last on earth. It affected me profoundly.

You'll always get thugs, I get that. Just hate it when it tarnishes our country.

Sick Boy

Not defending those involved who are idiots who let us down but plenty of innocent folk got caught up in it.

It's how police over there deal with trouble, it's like football fans dishing it out and not bring able to take it. Why would you expect another country to adopt another country''s police tactics?

Last edited:

LastGarrison

I think that you are downplaying what has happened, IMO. Again, not sure why other countries' fans are able to go abroad and drink alcohol without it descending to this. It's a shame as the behaviour of the fans has been praised at recent tournaments; it's a shame that these bellends want to undo all of that.

I see they are still singing no surrender to the ira and German bombers- they should probably get some new songs, as well.

But the Russians ARE playing up, as are the locals who I assume are also football fans.

the ferret has it right for me, if you have low key policing, as they did in Germany 2006 when everyone predicted massacres and nothing happened bar the odd scuffle, oh and the Poles and Germans having a right ding dong, then generally the English are happy to get drunk and have a sing song.

Certainly looking at the England fans in those pictures they are not what I would perceive as "firm" (going all Danny Dyer) and let's be honest there's only been about 100 odd there each time and there's certainly a hell of a lot more England fans there than that!! I'm sure anyone with an ounce of sense is drinking happily away from this Queen Vic pub and having a good laugh.

Sick Boy

But the Russians ARE playing up, as are the locals who I assume are also football fans.

the ferret has it right for me, if you have low key policing, as they did in Germany 2006 when everyone predicted massacres and nothing happened bar the odd scuffle, oh and the Poles and Germans having a right ding dong, then generally the English are happy to get drunk and have a sing song.

Certainly looking at the England fans in those pictures they are not what I would perceive as "firm" (going all Danny Dyer) and let's be honest there's only been about 100 odd there each time and there's certainly a hell of a lot more England fans there than that!! I'm sure anyone with an ounce of sense is drinking happily away from this Queen Vic pub and having a good laugh.

I'm sure that sections of the English, Russians and locals are playing up. Let's not start making excuses for those who have gone over there looking for trouble though.

LastGarrison

I'm sure that sections of the English, Russians and locals are playing up. Let's not start making excuses for those who have gone over there looking for trouble though.
Definitely not, however, I have just watched two different videos on FB where both times it is the England fans who are attacked indiscriminately when they are doing nothing, one by the locals and the other by the Russians and I have to say, fair play, both times the English counter charged and drove them back and this is in the face of chairs, bottles and signs being thrown at them!

It's all well and good saying they should just walk away but in situations like that there is nothing else you can do but have a go back. Funnily enough these incidents aren't widely being reported in our local media and in fact the first video where the locals attacked it was only after the police turned up and the locals ran off that the French police set off the tear gas which leads to sensationalist bollocks in our newspapers about England fans being teargassed again!

I've been away with England a few times and there definitely are people looking for trouble but the vast majority are just there for a drink and sing along, however, under provocation most will have a go back.

Johnnythespider

Definitely not, however, I have just watched two different videos on FB where both times it is the England fans who are attacked indiscriminately when they are doing nothing, one by the locals and the other by the Russians and I have to say, fair play, both times the English counter charged and drove them back and this is in the face of chairs, bottles and signs being thrown at them!

It's all well and good saying they should just walk away but in situations like that there is nothing else you can do but have a go back. Funnily enough these incidents aren't widely being reported in our local media and in fact the first video where the locals attacked it was only after the police turned up and the locals ran off that the French police set off the tear gas which leads to sensationalist bollocks in our newspapers about England fans being teargassed again!

I've been away with England a few times and there definitely are people looking for trouble but the vast majority are just there for a drink and sing along, however, under provocation most will have a go back.
Agree with this I've seen the one with the locals having a go and then being chased off, one of the locals stops by a statue and throws a bottle from a stash set up there. If you're in a bar and start getting attacked you are going to respond surely.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

I guess the real test will be when this game is over and we're away from Marseille and Russia. If the trouble carries on in Lens against Wales then you can guarantee there are some trouble makers there

Users who are viewing this thread