Do you want to discuss boring politics? (26 Viewers)

Ian1779

You are unbelievable sometimes Tony. Seriously.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
This rhetoric of traitor, treason, surrender, betrayal is out there in some of our papers, some of our radio shows and social media and has been repeatedly over the last 5/6 years. The people responsible for putting this out there have influence.

If calling out Rayner for saying Tory scum is the right thing to do, then calling out all the other stuff is also the right thing to do.

Social media operators have a responsibility too… time to stop putting revenue streams over appropriate control and find a way to hold anonymous posters accountable for their bile and hatred.

Grendel

This rhetoric of traitor, treason, surrender, betrayal is out there in some of our papers, some of our radio shows and social media and has been repeatedly over the last 5/6 years. The people responsible for putting this out there have influence.

If calling out Rayner for saying Tory scum is the right thing to do, then calling out all the other stuff is also the right thing to do.

Social media operators have a responsibility too… time to stop putting revenue streams over appropriate control and find a way to hold anonymous posters accountable for their bile and hatred.

You have of course defended Rayner and laughed at the IDS incident

TomRad85

Tony knew exactly what examples he was using to fit his narrative, he's lost the plot. You don't have to look very far to find left wing hatred from politicians beyond Rayner but now really isn't the time for point scoring. As it wasn't when Jo Cox was murdered.

skybluetony176

The current Secretary of State for media and Culture has also made use of the word traitor. To describe a former Tory PM no less.

Ian1779

Tony knew exactly what examples he was using to fit his narrative, he's lost the plot. You don't have to look very far to find left wing hatred from politicians beyond Rayner but now really isn't the time for point scoring. As it wasn't when Jo Cox was murdered.

FWIW I don’t think Tony was, but equally you didn’t need to mention left-wing in this reply (I don’t think you are point scoring either here)

If we agree Rayners comments are wrong that’s fine. But we call it all out across the political spectrum.

Grendel

Show me where.

here you make light of the IDS incident and pour scorn on my response

skybluetony176

Well, unfortunately one side has been using the rhetoric far more than the other. The other often referencing Jo Cox as a reason to stop or at least reign it in. Humbug said the PM and here we are again. But you make out it’s my problem if it makes you feel better.

Ian1779

here you make light of the IDS incident and pour scorn on my response

I poured scorn on your response for the bollocks it was.
Political point scoring is what you do best.

TomRad85

Well, unfortunately one side has been using the rhetoric far more than the other. The other often referencing Jo Cox as a reason to stop or at least reign it in. Humbug said the PM and here we are again. But you make out it’s my problem if it makes you feel better.
Have a day off you utter gimp.

Grendel

I poured scorn on your response for the bollocks it was.
Political point scoring is what you do best.

you have never said one negative about rayner and her comments - not one and when others have accuse them of hypocrisy

TomRad85

FWIW I don’t think Tony was, but equally you didn’t need to mention left-wing in this reply (I don’t think you are point scoring either here)

If we agree Rayners comments are wrong that’s fine. But we call it all out across the political spectrum.
My original comment is very general, as it was supposed to be. I recognise there are huge problems across British politics in general because I'm not a fuckwit. Tony on the other hand...

Ian1779

It’s how it all starts, getting more wound up behind a keyboard or a phone screen. Suffice to say if you don’t get on with people on here it’s probably unlikely to change so just ignore them.
The debate on here, even when it’s gets heated is still not violent or threatening, and to be fair to Nick he’s done a good job of moderating and even banning members when it’s gone too far.

Sadly this is not replicated out on the wider social media platforms because there is no accountability.

TomRad85

I’m not wrong though. One side dialled up the rhetoric the other tried to dial it back and Boris dismissed it. Sorry the facts offend you. I leave it there.
Clueless and deluded. Shouldn't be surprised as you are one of the echo chamber frenzied idiots my first post pointed to.

Grendel

My original comment is very general, as it was supposed to be. I recognise there are huge problems across British politics in general because I'm not a fuckwit. Tony on the other hand...

he loves it. This has probably made his day so he can use his idiot logic to try and get a few likes

ignore him he’s getting off on it

Ian1779

you have never said one negative about rayner and her comments - not one and when others have accuse them of hypocrisy
I didn’t think they were negative comments given the responses that we have seen from other politicians over the last few years.
If we/you now declare that these are indefensible that is fine… then let’s see you do it to all of the other comments out there and not just hers.

Brighton Sky Blue

The debate on here, even when it’s gets heated is still not violent or threatening, and to be fair to Nick he’s done a good job of moderating and even banning members when it’s gone too far.

Sadly this is not replicated out on the wider social media platforms because there is no accountability.
You say that but pretty sure people have been ‘offered out’ in the past by others still active on here. That’s not what I meant really, just people not able to walk away from arguments, myself very much included sometimes.

Grendel

Clueless and deluded. Shouldn't be surprised as you are one of the echo chamber frenzied idiots my first post pointed to.

Someone is dead you sad twat have a day off

• Haha
Reactions: COV

Ian1779

You say that but pretty sure people have been ‘offered out’ in the past by others still active on here. That’s not what I meant really, just people not able to walk away from arguments, myself very much included sometimes.
To be fair if that has happened on here it’s passed me by. I only seem to remember Coventrian’s actions and subsequent banning.

Maybe we do find it hard to walk away from arguments on here… maybe because we have no real influence and can make no impact.

Grendel

O Day said he was going to kick my head it was never banned

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair if that has happened on here it’s passed me by. I only seem to remember Coventrian’s actions and subsequent banning.

Maybe we do find it hard to walk away from arguments on here… maybe because we have no real influence and can make no impact.

It happens by PM more often than not. Think DOD did it to G at some point but could be mistaken.

skybluetony176

I didn’t think they were negative comments given the responses that we have seen from other politicians over the last few years.
If we/you now declare that these are indefensible that is fine… then let’s see you do it to all of the other comments out there and not just hers.
Grendull loves to refer to Angela Rayner as Vicky Pollard. He’s happy to associate her as scum but heavens forbid she says it about Boris. He’s no one to take the moral high ground.

Users who are viewing this thread