Do you want to discuss boring politics? (21 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 4439

Williamson deserves no sympathy - he is the most inept individual in living memory to hold this brief - and I include Michael Gove in that. His incompetence will lead to disadvantage for many kids for years to come, and he will simply move on to ruin something else safe in the knowledge he will be secure for life.

As for the ‘initiative’ you mentioned - if the DfE were that serious about promoting this as an event that schools could engage with - you think they wouldn’t have left it until 4 days before it was due to happen. Yes it’s been blown up as something it isn’t - but when you fail to properly explain why, how and where it’s come from because you had no plan to do this properly - that’s where the disinformation can come from.

Good post, I do agree.

PVA

Johnson showing his commitment to going green again. 40 mile helicopter journey.

Oh look, more military related photo-ops just before an election. Shameless. Like the Russia/Ukraine stuff yesterday to go along with the French navy shit last time. The people lap it up every time.

PVA

And saying if you vote Tory we'll give your area more money than if you vote Labour.

Pretty sure that's not allowed.

Brighton Sky Blue

And saying if you vote Tory we'll give your area more money than if you vote Labour.

Pretty sure that's not allowed.

Him eating a biscuit probably added 5,000 to the majority. 10,000 if he can raise a pint above his head

shmmeee

Honestly cheating on his wife is the least offensive thing about Hancock. Got to be gutted to get sacked by Johnson for being a lying philanderer though .

hill83

Those pictures are clearly from a Live interview on the news and he just got a bit too close again. Leave him alone.

0_event-cancelled.png

Ian1779

Honestly cheating on his wife is the least offensive thing about Hancock. Got to be gutted to get sacked by Johnson for being a lying philanderer though .
So apart from being absolutely fucking useless we’ve now learned that giving away government contracts on the sly makes him horny.

CCFCSteve

I feel unclean linking to this scummy website but anyway this is good for a laugh and probably CON +4

Standard early morning read Ian ?! 😉

Mate just flagged this, incompetence leading to loss off life is one thing…getting caught with passionate arse grabbing kiss on camera is a step too far 😊

He commented on unfortunate angle for hairline…probably not top of hancocks concerns today, but valid point

Edit - if that’s a government building that pic would’ve been kicking around for ages. He’s possibly a blocker to end of lockdown so Johnson’s taking him out

Ian1779

Standard early morning read Ian ?! 😉

Mate just flagged this, incompetence leading to loss off life is one thing…getting caught with passionate arse grabbing kiss on camera is a step too far 😊

He commented on unfortunate angle for hairline…probably not top of hancocks concerns today, but valid point

Edit - if that’s a government building that pic would’ve been kicking around for ages. He’s possibly a blocker to end of lockdown so Johnson’s taking him out
Well that’s just it isn’t it… someone at Murdoch HQ has decided it’s time for him to go, and they’ve probably been sat on this for ages.

CCFCSteve

How can Johnson sack him for having an affair? I know the government likes to take the piss but if they're going to start sacking people for this sort of behaviour we all know who is top of the list.

I agree, but I’m not sure if it’s quite his only failing Dave. If government/scientists think we’re edging out of this* so can risk getting rid of Health Secretary I think he might be gone

* I know many are still getting caught up with case numbers but keep an eye on PHE Covid inpatients (only up 100 in a week - hopefully it stays under control) and PHE data released yesterday regarding slowing rate of transmission across country. Not to say we’re out of the woods, especially with scenes like London last week, but fingers crossed on our way

clint van damme

Huge ppe contract to the landlord of your local - fine.
Lying daily in interviews - fine.
Making a pigs ear of your brief - fine.
Bit on the side - he's got to go.

Country's fucked.
And how did they get that CCTV?

skybluetony176

Two points

One. It’s her husband I feel most sorry for. He must be thinking how awful am I that my wife considers MHancock a better option. Some deep personal reflection going on there.

Two. How can Boris sack him with his track record. All that will happen is this will get played down and swept under the carpet because we have a PM who can’t take the moral high ground on anyone.

CCFCSteve

Two points

One. It’s her husband I feel most sorry for. He must be thinking how awful am I that my wife considers MHancock a better option. Some deep personal reflection going on there.

Two. How can Boris sack him with his track record. All that will happen is this will get played down and swept under the carpet because we have a PM who can’t take the moral high ground on anyone.

Might be a resignation (stress of last year, spend time with family etc). Soon find out I guess

SBAndy

Not really fussed about the affair angle, more that he hires “millionaire lobbyists” as close advisors.

But yeah, 100% that has been sat on for a while and now it’s been decided his time is up. Tory playbook 101.

COV

Huge ppe contract to the landlord of your local - fine.
Lying daily in interviews - fine.
Making a pigs ear of your brief - fine.
Bit on the side - he's got to go.

Country's fucked.
And how did they get that CCTV?

They’ve had it since May 6th. They must have decided that now is the time to force him out. The guy must have been a nervous wreck waiting for the day they released that footage- how can he not have known when he clearly has CCTV cameras in his office?

You make a good point though- millions of people have affairs every year, not downplaying what he’s done to his wife but is this really the top of his list of cock-ups?

There is no way Boris can credibly sack him with his track record with women… surely?

PVA

Agree with pretty much everything everyone has said above - more than happy for Hancock to get sacked but pretty absurd when Johnson was rewarded for multiple affairs with the top job.

Standard Tory hypocrisy I suppose.

Hancock deserves everything he gets, thousands are dead because of him.

Users who are viewing this thread