Do you want to discuss boring politics? (11 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Discussion of the ‘Golem’ vs ‘Pygmalion’ effects working to positively reinforce low or high self confidence

Competition in the classroom being quite damaging for those who ‘lose’ and especially those finishing near the bottom

Recognition that boys would rather not attempt something instead of putting effort in then failing

Appreciate that boys will often have to balance being seen to be academic with being more laddish

The gender of the teacher matters much less than the quality, demand higher expectations and it will be returned

Loads more good stuff in there, highly recommended.
That sounds inspiring

shmmeee

Restructure of schools, have your primary school run to Y4, middle school Y5-Y8 and high school Y9-Y13. Can then tailor the high schools to a broader range of skills, vocational enterprises, etc. Know very little about the ‘industry’ but would that work?

Very similar to what I’d like to see. I’d shift it around a bit though. Primary to Y5, 6-9 middle 10-13. I think teaching 11 year olds and 18 year olds in the same building is nuts. Couldn’t believe it when Leicestershire got rid of middle schools. I don’t know anyone involved in them that doesn’t think They’re a good idea.

shmmeee

Government getting rid of Channel 4, sure that’s nothing to do with their news output and calling Boris Johnson a liar.

Government also getting school kids to sing a creepy nationalistic song.

We slide further to North Korea: no criticism of dear leader, propaganda over education in school.

Sky Blue Pete

Government getting rid of Channel 4, sure that’s nothing to do with their news output and calling Boris Johnson a liar.

Government also getting school kids to sing a creepy nationalistic song.

We slide further to North Korea: no criticism of dear leader, propaganda over education in school.
Song is creepy

shmmeee

I mean let’s be honest. They aren’t about to start opening gulags because they’re cringingly crap. But generally this sort of stuff doesn’t sit with me and feels distinctly unbritish. Something the Yanks or the French would do.

PVA

How many of these can the government tick off, 8 or 9 maybe? More?

DgZG0i2W0AEj0B9.jpg

Hutch11

This is exactly it. I'm not asking people why they're not voting/intending to vote for Labour. I couldn't give a fuck if they do or not - it's no skin of my nose. But just because you're put off by the other parties doesn't mean you have to vote Tory. So why do they?

it sure ain't cos they're any good and this kind of behaviour and performance should put anyone of sound mind off them to at least a decent degree. It doesn't. It seems like the more they do wrong the more those voting for them double down on their choice as if refusing to accept they could in anyway be wrong. Like I say, it's reminiscent of Trump's supporters.

If all this happening was under Labour, or LD, or Greens I'd want them out. It's completely unacceptable. If necessary say you don't intend to vote or are going to spoil your ballot. Imagine an election where the highest number of votes was 'spoilt ballot'. That would send more shockwaves and effect more change in the political system than anything right now and that is where I stand.
I'd like a ' None of the above in the current system are suitable' option

shmmeee

Just seen the song was made by a school in Bradford and just boosted by the govt. so not as bad as first seems. Still. Cringe.

Grendel

So rather than Hitler youth and proof it’s a sign we are moving to a North Korea state it’s in fact a song created by a policeman with a bunch of schoolchildren to celebrate multi cultural Britain

lol

Ccfcisparks

Grendel

It’s pathetic how things get misrepresented on social media - I assume the only reason it was promoted is the two local Tory MPs were invited to the launch of the song

shmmeee

So rather than Hitler youth and proof it’s a sign we are moving to a North Korea state it’s in fact a song created by a policeman with a bunch of schoolchildren to celebrate multi cultural Britain

lol

Still creepy to ask all children to sing it.

And it does not celebrate multicultural Britain.

Sky Blue Pete

‘Oh Fatherland, Fatherland, Show us the sign Your children have waited to see. The morning will come When the world is mine. Tomorrow belongs to me!’

Philosorapter

Any other leader...

geez.PNG

11% now think Starmer is ever likely to become PM.

geez2.PNG

Where Labour wants everything just before the Batley & Spen By-Election.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4439

Not sure why she was announced last?

Because she has always been seen as the star. You can either go first or last with that. They are all great though.

On a wider note, I've just had a look at the attacks on gormless gavin, including the lbc troll, and I'm sorry, my heart just sinks when a simple attempt to unite our people is pulled apart like this. It's a constant attack, from everywhere, day after day. And if anybody thinks I'm a nationalist and racist they can just fuck off, I really don't give a shit about your petty, pathetic trolling and sheer lunacy.

Ian1779

Because she has always been seen as the star. You can either go first or last with that. They are all great though.

On a wider note, I've just had a look at the attacks on gormless gavin, including the lbc troll, and I'm sorry, my heart just sinks when a simple attempt to unite our people is pulled apart like this. It's a constant attack, from everywhere, day after day. And if anybody thinks I'm a nationalist and racist they can just fuck off, I really don't give a shit about your petty, pathetic trolling and sheer lunacy.
Williamson deserves no sympathy - he is the most inept individual in living memory to hold this brief - and I include Michael Gove in that. His incompetence will lead to disadvantage for many kids for years to come, and he will simply move on to ruin something else safe in the knowledge he will be secure for life.

As for the ‘initiative’ you mentioned - if the DfE were that serious about promoting this as an event that schools could engage with - you think they wouldn’t have left it until 4 days before it was due to happen. Yes it’s been blown up as something it isn’t - but when you fail to properly explain why, how and where it’s come from because you had no plan to do this properly - that’s where the disinformation can come from.

Users who are viewing this thread