Do you want to discuss boring politics? (15 Viewers)

SkyBlueDom26

Will Boris actually have the bottle to tell him to Fuck off? That's the question.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not really. Hancock was extremely damning of Ferguson when he had an affair. Johnson has never really hidden infidelity - Hancock has with pictures of his children tried the family image thing, it’s the pretence that brings you down

Other than with Arcuri. And with Carrie when he was with his previous wife. And contested parentage of one child confirmed to be his and supposedly contesting at least one other. All of these things he's slapped writs on preventing reporting.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Is it wrong that I kinda like Hancock? He’s clearly shit but seems just incompetent rather than downright nasty like a lot of the other cabinet members. I mean he should go, but so should almost all of them.

I think he's nasty as well, it's just he's so shit he can't even do that well. Some of his responses in the house have come across as "Shut up. I'm better than you."

oakey

I see no reason for him to resign or be sacked. He has been a perfect embodiment of the Tory brand which had a stonking majority only 18 months ago ... so it's what the great British public want.
There is no point him going unless they all go and that's not happening thus nothing can be gained ... move on, nothing to see here.

Reactions: PVA

PVA

Johnson has said he won't be sacked and the matter is closed.

I wonder what story will appear in the papers over the weekend to deflect. Something about immigrants probably, that usually works.

shmmeee

My tinfoil might be slipping, but the Cummings stuff in Parliament and with Johnson’s messages about Hancock, then this CCTV leaked (how?). Does seem to have patsy written all over it.

Nice to have some good old fashioned sleaze though. 90s coming back all over, Labour govt in 2027 confirmed.

Brighton Sky Blue

Johnson has said he won't be sacked and the matter is closed.

I wonder what story will appear in the papers over the weekend to deflect. Something about immigrants probably, that usually works.

‘PHWOAR! Starmer’s ‘lethal fart’ a violation of social distancing guidelines, says Gove’

PVA

Isn't it pretty galling that we all follow the rules and obey the law, or face the consequences if we don't while those who tell us to follow the rules and obey the law can do as they please with no consequences.

Fuck this government and fuck this shitty banana republic they are turning us into.

But they don't like brown people, so CON +5

CCFCSteve

Hancock having an affair is not an issue.

Hancock breaking social-distancing rules whilst being the health secretary is. He must resign.

Yeah, agree, I’m not one to judge people on their private lives (for government as long as it doesn’t effect their jobs), however as you say this is different.

He was the one pushing for lockdowns, telling people not to hug family, date, coming across holier than thou regarding Ferguson (just heard interview again, dug a massive hole - with hindsight sounds like the interviewer set him up a treat !) and all the time he’s sniffing around other women*

Got to go

*she was fit though and I have a strange tinge of admiration for him pulling her, as he’s such a condescending twat... the ladies love fellas with a bit of power 🤷‍♂️

Grendel

Other than with Arcuri. And with Carrie when he was with his previous wife. And contested parentage of one child confirmed to be his and supposedly contesting at least one other. All of these things he's slapped writs on preventing reporting.

Having affairs itself is not a problem. Arcuri before he was even back as an MP - it’s the creation of moral codes to others and breaching yourself that’s the issue

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, agree, I’m not one to judge people on their private lives (for government as long as it doesn’t effect their jobs), however as you say this is different.

He was the one pushing for lockdowns, telling people not to hug family, date, coming across holier than thou regarding Ferguson (just heard interview again, dug a massive hole - with hindsight sounds like the interviewer set him up a treat !) and all the time he’s sniffing around other women*

Got to go

*she was fit though and I have a strange tinge of admiration for him pulling her, as he’s such a condescending twat... the ladies love fellas with a bit of power 🤷‍♂️

Ferguson was forced to leave for doing the exact same thing. Of course that will mean nothing for Hancock but it’s as clear a precedent as any

Grendel

Of course not. Kennedy, Clinton? Some of the greater leaders had numerous affairs. Mitterrand was considered the best president and kept his affair going for over 30 years

Grendel

It will be interesting to see if Starmer goes all guns blazing given the rumours that have been around him for a while now

oakey

Of course not. Kennedy, Clinton? Some of the greater leaders had numerous affairs. Mitterrand was considered the best president and kept his affair going for over 30 years
Don't forget Cleopatra. Didn't do her reputation any harm. If Hancock was a woman he'd be gone.
A cheat is a cheat. It does affect their public role. If you'd cheat on your wife and kids you would cheat in other ways too.
However, those of us with a moral compass are seemingly now in a minority. We lost and must get over it.
That's democracy, apparently. Winners take all. Losers suck it up. Hancock and BoJo continue to screw us all.

Grendel

Don't forget Cleopatra. Didn't do her reputation any harm. If Hancock was a woman he'd be gone.
A cheat is a cheat. It does affect their public role. If you'd cheat on your wife and kids you would cheat in other ways too.
However, those of us with a moral compass are seemingly now in a minority. We lost and must get over it.
That's democracy, apparently. Winners take all. Losers suck it up. Hancock and BoJo continue to screw us all.

I accept the woman thing yes - if Theresa May was seen to be banging around like Boris with a man 20 years younger there would be revulsion.

CCFCSteve

Ferguson was forced to leave for doing the exact same thing. Of course that will mean nothing for Hancock but it’s as clear a precedent as any

Exactly. Have a listen to Hancock’s interview. Funny knowing what we do now.

Saying that Ferguson never really left by all accounts and continue to provide modelling/advice. If he was involved in the recent modelling he should be sacked again !

Ps This will get out of hand if the government doesn’t address it. Cummings breaking the rules damaged their public support a fair bit, this will be a lot worse

Brighton Sky Blue

Exactly. Have a listen to Hancock’s interview. Funny knowing what we do now.

Saying that Ferguson never really left by all accounts and continue to provide modelling/advice. If he was involved in the recent modelling he should be sacked again !

Ps This will get out of hand if the government doesn’t address it. Cummings breaking the rules damaged their public support a fair bit, this will be a lot worse

It didn't and it won't be, they seem beyond getting public disapproval for anything and in fact seem to be rewarded the worse they do.

CON +6

Grendel

It didn't and it won't be, they seem beyond getting public disapproval for anything and in fact seem to be rewarded the worse they do.

CON +6

Hancock will go - there will be more revelations - Johnson would like to hold onto him but can’t fit much longer

Users who are viewing this thread