Match Thread Coventry City - Preston North End FC Match Thread - Friday 23rd Feb (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Preston North End FC match, tactics and predictions :)

PVA

Wilson
MVE - Thomas - Binks - Dasilva
Eccles - Lati
Sakamoto - O'Hare - Wright
Simms

On the assumption that Torp is injured or rested, Sakamoto is back and Wilson/Binks keep their places after a clean sheet.

Covkid1968#

The pressure is building with each game and some of the lads look fooked. We can’t be the only team to be suffering from a bit of fatigue.

A hard fought win with the return of Tats hopefully 🤞

Our last quarter of the season looks to be pretty tough with 6 against the top 9…. Starting this Friday.

Exciting times again this year and I’m loving it. !!

alfielloyd

Something not quite right with our messiah, post match loads of negatives connected to how many games we are playing, with the exception of the Cup, which he probably does not want us to be in, all teams in the EFL will play 46 games! His comment about not having a number 1 keeper, equally strange, Collins is a better keeper than both Moore and Wilson. Cannot imagine Collins was pleased about being dropped. Is he still fed up cos we did not sign more players in January? Something not right, too many negatives, thankfully at this stage not on the pitch. Think it is Robins that needs a break not the players.

alfielloyd

Wilson
MVE - Thomas - Binks - Dasilva
Eccles - Lati
Sakamoto - O'Hare - Wright
Simms

On the assumption that Torp is injured or rested, Sakamoto is back and Wilson/Binks keep their places after a clean sheet.
I think my granny could have kept a clean sheet yesterday, Stoke had one shot on target, they are definitely in a relegation battle.

Sky Blue Pete

Something not quite right with our messiah, post match loads of negatives connected to how many games we are playing, with the exception of the Cup, which he probably does not want us to be in, all teams in the EFL will play 46 games! His comment about not having a number 1 keeper, equally strange, Collins is a better keeper than both Moore and Wilson. Cannot imagine Collins was pleased about being dropped. Is he still fed up cos we did not sign more players in January? Something not right, too many negatives, thankfully at this stage not on the pitch. Think it is Robins that needs a break not the players.
I’ve read this lots and then heard what he said and it’s nowhere near as negative as you are making out

alfielloyd

I’ve read this lots and then heard what he said and it’s nowhere near as negative as you are making out
Fair enough, my perception is having listened to his last three post match comments he does not seem to be quite right. I am not criticising Robins, although do think not knowing your number keeper is is odd, I just feel he is agitated or a bit fucked.

SleepyGinger

6 days rest now, everyone should be raring to go for this one (assuming Torp is fit). Be interesting to see what team he goes with here, can you change the back 5 after keeping our first clean sheet in 12?

Bad Boy

Agree 100%, he ain't a happy bunny and seems to be complaining on an almost daily basis whereas he was strangely silent when Joy and her chums were in charge.
We need to get the PNE monkey off our backs this Friday.

Levship20

Fair enough, my perception is having listened to his last three post match comments he does not seem to be quite right. I am not criticising Robins, although do think not knowing your number keeper is is odd, I just feel he is agitated or a bit fucked.
He probably is slightly frustrated due to the depth of our squad, and how he wishes he could rotate with “dare I say” better players?
He wanted more in the window and DK needs to know that thin squads will always struggle when players get injured or tired.

alfielloyd

6 days rest now, everyone should be raring to go for this one (assuming Torp is fit). Be interesting to see what team he goes with here, can you change the back 5 after keeping our first clean sheet in 12?
Clean sheets are nice but ultimately winning games is what matters, with Collins in goal we lost two games, both away against top 6ish sides, Stoke will possibly get relegated. Collins and Kitching have to start.

Bad Boy

He probably is slightly frustrated due to the depth of our squad, and how he wishes he could rotate with “dare I say” better players?
He wanted more in the window and DK needs to know that thin squads will always struggle when players get injured or tired.
I had the impression that MR and DK were singing from the same hymn sheet early doors, is DK flexing his business muscles now and making it clear how it is and will be?

SkyBlueGuy

This. Robins has been put under a bit of pressure by King making the statement he did about reaching the playoffs 3/5. We're in a position to do that this season, but he wasn't given what he felt he needed in January. Obviously the season is not over, but I don't think it's a stretch to say we'd be more likely to make it this year with more players in.

It's the catch 22 of football. Do you stick to a careful plan and build slowly, not risking the overall finances, but reducing the chance of success? Or do you throw money at the situation and gamble on making it. Big gamble of course. There are several examples of teams which have done either option. Some have been successful, some have imploded.

I guess if you look at the "worst case scenario" for both, I'd rather we follow the current path. I still understand Robins frustration (as I feel it's probably one we all share)

alfielloyd

Ultimately, I think on one hand King insisting we compete in the FA Cup but not adding to the squad with exception of Torp in January is definitely a point of difference. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Mcbean

I think he would have been happier with the Peterborough guy with us now rather than 6 months time - there is a lot of matches and we were injury free for about two weeks - he needs more than anything our support

Bad Boy

Ultimately, I think on one hand King insisting we compete in the FA Cup but not adding to the squad with exception of Torp in January is definitely a point of difference. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
We absolutely should compete in the FA cup competition. The indifference we have shown in the past along with many other clubs is a disgrace to what was and should continue to be a national institution.

shmmeee

Yeah EMC would have made a big difference. But the time to moan isn’t now. Robins should have told Doug to leave it if he wasn’t happy. But to moan about not enough being spend when we’ve dropped almost £30m this season is a bit rich. Hopefully it’s moaning for the EFL/FA and the summer as much as anything.

SleepyGinger

Clean sheets are nice but ultimately winning games is what matters, with Collins in goal we lost two games, both away against top 6ish sides, Stoke will possibly get relegated. Collins and Kitching have to start.
I agree, id like to see something like

Collins
MVE Thomas Kitching Dasilva
Torp Eccles
Sakamoto OHare Palmer
Simms

alfielloyd

Agree 100%, he ain't a happy bunny and seems to be complaining on an almost daily basis whereas he was strangely silent when Joy and her chums were in charge.
We need to get the PNE monkey off our backs this Friday.
Maybe, he is missing Joy.......did she forget to send him a Valentines card. Never easy to be optimistic when we play Preston, but I will never forget Manset's 96 minute equaliser against them, with a young Callum Wilson scoring twice in a 4 - 4 draw.

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah EMC would have made a big difference. But the time to moan isn’t now. Robins should have told Doug to leave it if he wasn’t happy. But to moan about not enough being spend when we’ve dropped almost £30m this season is a bit rich. Hopefully it’s moaning for the EFL/FA and the summer as much as anything.
He’s a planner and organiser they’ll be method
I think it’s a human reaction to Sakamoto and then torp
Not sure haji was fully fit either

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Does seem a bit weird he's complaining about squad now but just accepted it under SISU. Of course we didn't have the windfalls of big money sales and he didn't have the same pressures to succeed at the time, but I'd say this is as good as it's ever been almost. Who'd have thought we'd spend £9m on one player? Or £4-5m on a CB? He must have signed 4 or 5 of our most expensive signings ever during the last year.

shmmeee

He’s a planner and organiser they’ll be method
I think it’s a human reaction to Sakamoto and then torp
Not sure haji was fully fit either

Must be frustrating, only a week or two ago we were talking about how well we’ve come through Xmas and new year with a fit squad and now we’ve lost Sheaf, Torp, Wright, O’Hare, Saka, possibly Collins in the space of a few weeks. And Kitching got himself sent off.

Reactions: AOM

wingy

Maybe, he is missing Joy.......did she forget to send him a Valentines card. Never easy to be optimistic when we play Preston, but I will never forget Manset's 96 minute equaliser against them, with a young Callum Wilson scoring twice in a 4 - 4 draw.
Moussa?

Users who are viewing this thread