Coronavirus (2 Viewers)

Ring Of Steel

Germany has risen by 800 in a day - we have risen by 134 - what are they doing that we are not?

No idea, I also know they've had 4 deaths from about 2,000 cases, we've had 10 deaths from 596 cases.

Grendel

No idea, I also know they've had 4 deaths from about 2,000 cases, we've had 10 deaths from 596 cases.

So is it deaths or escalation? I thought you said Johnson is doing nothing to stop escalation?

Ring Of Steel

I said if it spreads rapidly and we can't control it/slow it down.... why do you think it would be more or less than 1 in 5?

To be honest nobody knows do they, I'm just going on what Germany said, that 70% could get it, I do know in Ireland they said that it could be 80%, so on that basis alone you have to think it will be more than 20% here.. or 'there' should I say.

SkyBlueDom26

To be honest nobody knows do they, I'm just going on what Germany said, that 70% could get it, I do know in Ireland they said that it could be 80%, so on that basis alone you have to think it will be more than 20% here.. or 'there' should I say.
Very concerning, we just need to get past the peak like china have done! Lets just hope our peak is a small percentage like theirs was of 80 thousand cases which in reality isn't a massive number

Nick

Administrator
ES6jmKrXQAA1MoI

So if they ramp up test volume per day the positive amount is going to increase per day.

Ring Of Steel

Very concerning, we just need to get past the peak like china have done! Lets just hope our peak is a small percentage like theirs was of 80 thousand cases which in reality isn't a massive number

I am getting the symptoms- I have headache and fever, but thats due to all the fu*king confusion and misinformation, kids off, transport gone, trying to sort VPN, shops empty- you'd think we were going to war or something

Grendel

But Germany and Ireland are isolating so what’s the point if it has no impact on infections?

SkyBlueDom26

Trump claims UK excluded from travel ban for 'doing a good job'

Donald Trump has said he excluded UK from his Europe travel ban because Britain "is doing a good job" in tackling coronavirus.

Following widespread criticism of his Oval Office address to the nation on Wednesday evening, when he announced a raft of restrictions on travel from European countries from Friday, the president said he had not consulted with European officials – some of whom complained they felt blindsided by the announcement – because he had to move quickly.

Ring Of Steel

Trump claims UK excluded from travel ban for 'doing a good job'

Donald Trump has said he excluded UK from his Europe travel ban because Britain "is doing a good job" in tackling coronavirus.

Following widespread criticism of his Oval Office address to the nation on Wednesday evening, when he announced a raft of restrictions on travel from European countries from Friday, the president said he had not consulted with European officials – some of whom complained they felt blindsided by the announcement – because he had to move quickly.

Yes its amazing how his travel ban excludes anywhere where he happens to own a resort (the ban doesn't include Ireland either).

shmmeee

Germany has risen by 800 in a day - we have risen by 134 - what are they doing that we are not?

Not much by the looks of it: Germany: Coronavirus Crisis Leads to More Restrictions, Closures and Cancellations

Few closures and advice to the public but nothing large scale.

I found this interesting, the grey bars are “true cases” in hindsight and the orange are reported cases in China.

Shows that while true cases immediately stalled after lockdown, the reported cases kept climbing for another 12 days, so we’d be unlikely to see much impact from any more recent outbreak responses just yet IMO.

upload_2020-3-12_15-57-50.png

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yes its amazing how his travel ban excludes anywhere where he happens to own a resort (the ban doesn't include Ireland either).

Also seems a bit much considering less than a week ago it was fake news by the MSM against him.

SkyBlueDom26

Why is Britain so behind other nations in its coronavirus response? | Daily Mail Online

Look at the map on this article on what other countries are doing compared to us, Boris is pissing me off abit now ngl we need to pull our finger out and get it under control before we end up like south Korea or Italy, we need restrictions in place so it peaks at a low rate.....

Hopefully Boris is going to announce it at 4:30 because it isn't good enough from him atm

Ring Of Steel

Why is Britain so behind other nations in its coronavirus response? | Daily Mail Online

Look at the map on this article on what other countries are doing compared to us, Boris is pissing me off abit now ngl we need to pull our finger out and get it under control before we end up like south Korea or Italy, we need restrictions in place so it peaks at a low rate.....

Hopefully Boris is going to announce it at 4:30 because it isn't good enough from him atm

That is fantastic:

Public Gatherings Banned
Support for business with reduced working hours
Trains, buses, planes disinfected
National Guard Deployed

UK? "People told to wash hands"

Boris doesn't "do" big decisions, he usually runs away when something serious happens.

wingy

It's estimated 20% of China's population became infected.
Roughly 270M.
80k recorded cases
Current cases 15k
4.2k severe critical reduced by circa 1.5k since yesterday .
If accurate mortality rate of circa 0 .000015%

Edited for Marty's correction

Last edited:

wingy

Not much by the looks of it: Germany: Coronavirus Crisis Leads to More Restrictions, Closures and Cancellations

Few closures and advice to the public but nothing large scale.

I found this interesting, the grey bars are “true cases” in hindsight and the orange are reported cases in China.

Shows that while true cases immediately stalled after lockdown, the reported cases kept climbing for another 12 days, so we’d be unlikely to see much impact from any more recent outbreak responses just yet IMO.
Hitting that curve at the right point.

View attachment 14395

Marty

It's estimated 20% of China's population became infected.
Roughly 27M.
80k recorded cases
Current cases 15k
4.2k severe critical reduced by circa 1.5k since yesterday .
If accurate mortality rate of circa 0 .8

If it was 20% of the population infected, wouldn't it be around the two hundred million mark?

wingy

South Korea's done Very well really TBF
I'd be asking Germany what they're doing
Mortality at 0.2 % there
Russia keeping a lid on it too, always seems the case there with these more recent epidemics.

Corrado

Did I hear the thought is 80% of the population will get it with a 1% mortality rate?? 528’000 deaths!!

David O'Day

Did I hear the thought is 80% of the population will get it with a 1% mortality rate?? 528’000 deaths!!
That was a potential very worst case scenario they looked at when gaming the outbreak

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ian1779

Self isolate for 7 days if you’ve got a new cough or a fever

Is this enough? Maybe at this stage but when does that change?

We were told at school today that it is 95% likely we will be shut down within 2 weeks and to prepare for Y11 to have access to everything online.

Users who are viewing this thread