Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (11 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

You know it’s bad when I start posting John Burn-Murdoch threads, most relevant tweet for me:

There is this though:

My question is what’s the admitted case capacity in the NHS and does that change if there’s a shift to a younger age profile? I can see why there’s concerns the NHS will get overwhelmed though.

Over 8000 infections

baldy

July 19th now the new date it looks like - let’s face it,this is gonna go on and on and on until Autumn when they’ll lump the flu in with it & say it’s time for yet another lockdown
How can anybody believe Boris or his cronies now? As if this is about a virus now...it’s laughable

skybluetony176

I see a recent study had found that vegetarians are less susceptible to severe Covid. That’s only fair as it’s a zoonotic virus that’s been passed to humans by people eating meat ;)

skybluetony176

Haha! The forelock tuggers on here would believe him if he said the moon was made of cheese
Anecdotal but I now know 2 historical forelock tuggers who just this week admitted that they now see where I’m coming from and can’t believe that they’ve ever bought into brand Boris and voted for him and championed him. Been saying for a while now but he’ll end up being to the Tories what Blair is to Labour. By the time he leaves office he’ll be despised by the public at large.

skybluetony176

There will always be variants though.
There won’t be when we beat it but it’s like the experts said all along “no one is safe until we’re all safe”. It’s all very well wanking ourselves off over our vaccine program but if it’s running rampant in other parts of the world new variants are going to keep happening and the risk is that a variant pops up that renders the vaccine irrelevant and we’re back to square one. This isn’t just a race to get the U.K. vaccinated, this is a race to vaccinate the world. Hopefully the delta variant is a metaphorical banging of the heads together and wake up call at the G7 and they get a program to do just that and do it quickly.

baldy

Why has the country reacted this way to the Kung flu & not,say,over the Spanish flu that was here years ago? We didn’t have lockdowns or restrictions for that so why this?

skybluetony176

Why has the country reacted this way to the Kung flu & not,say,over the Spanish flu that was here years ago? We didn’t have lockdowns or restrictions for that so why this?
We had a world war instead. There was a media block on Spanish flu in allied countries which is part of the reason it got labelled Spanish flu even though it started in America.

skybluetony176

Also worth pointing out that the Spanish flu killed an estimated 50 million. Probably would have been considerably less if they had have responded like the world has this time. But it was very different times anyway. Children left school at 12 and went straight out to work, some even fought and died in the First World War.

Sky Blue Pete

July 19th now the new date it looks like - let’s face it,this is gonna go on and on and on until Autumn when they’ll lump the flu in with it & say it’s time for yet another lockdown
How can anybody believe Boris or his cronies now? As if this is about a virus now...it’s laughable
What do you think it is about?

COV

You could be right, I’m going from memory. It was definitely first recorded in a military hospital, I always thought it was in America though.

it started in USA, then came to Europe. Countries at war didn’t report it, but Spain was neutral so did report it, and as they talked about it so much when other counties weren’t, people assumed it was ‘Spanish’ flu, and that’s where the name came from. It was actually ‘American’ flu.

COV

We had a world war instead. There was a media block on Spanish flu in allied countries which is part of the reason it got labelled Spanish flu even though it started in America.

you could also maybe speculate that because Spanish Flu infected a third of the entire population of the planet, and wiped out 50 million people, added to which we are not in a world war at the same time as covid- perhaps a different approach was not a bad idea 👍

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The whole amber list thing is a joke too.

Got a mate visiting from the US and I was sorting out the tests he needs. It's a total money making scam. Zero medical logic whatsoever.

Evo1883

The year is 2025

Some people after boris announces easing suspended again

giphy.gif

SBAndy

Let's be honest, the weekends here, the weathers glorious, the footies on, its going to be a free for all.

Yep. Will make sure to avoid the pubs tomorrow.

Oh, nothing to do with coronavirus, I just can’t stand the swarm of cunts that flock out when England are playing. BBQ and friends round to watch the game in the garden for me.

Users who are viewing this thread