Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (41 Viewers)

Colin Steins Smile

The wealth creators in our society are the risk taking entrepreneurs, but the people who generally gain most are the bankers and lawyers who feed off them.
They’ve created a system for their own gain. Look at Parliament, it’s full of ex-lawyers, bankers and oxford/Cambridge graduates who studied non practical subjects.
Our cutPM studied classics, so he’s obviously making decisions based on Ancient Greece. The current and past chancellor’s were both bankers who worked for banks that created the 2008 crisis and filled their pockets whilst there
Who ends up paying for this ? Entrepreneurs & their workforce through taxation- you and me, so they can lord it over us.
In the meantime the NHS which we all rely on is run into the ground despite that lie they posted on the side of a bus

Astute

Good morning britain has people at work in a studio moaning about people going to work.

Those pricks making millions a year still doing it but wondering why a self employed bloke wants to survive.

Throwing words like apocalypse about.
So people have gone to work to have a go at those going to work.....and you seem surprised. Not a lot surprises me these days. Many just seem to want to be controversial.

clint van damme

Good morning britain has people at work in a studio moaning about people going to work.

Those pricks making millions a year still doing it but wondering why a self employed bloke wants to survive.

Throwing words like apocalypse about.

he'd change his opinion in an instant if he though it would put a million on the viewing figure. Or he'd be made to change it by the producer if he thought it would.

shmmeee

Political grip has gone? When did that happen?

If it was just a fraction of what you say we would have those from other parties going for the throat. But they haven't. Why is this?

Are you upset that things have been put in place to cover 80% of wages, mortgage holidays, landlords unable to kick people out?

I am not saying he is doing a very good job. But he could be doing a lot worse. And many on here would expect a lot worse. We will see as time goes in if he has got it right or wrong.

Point of order: landlords can kick you out they just need to give three months notice instead of two.

Mcbean

Sadly the scammers havent got the virus yet but they would like some of your money - whether made up or not watch your back and particularly those of the older generation

Attachments

• 8FECD9CB-5552-40C4-B108-DF87D5362F85.jpeg
    8FECD9CB-5552-40C4-B108-DF87D5362F85.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 31

Grendel

Sadly the scammers havent got the virus yet but they would like some of your money - whether made up or not watch your back and particularly those of the older generation

Some people are going to old people offering a food delivery service - getting a payment upfront and scarpering

Ring Of Steel

And now instead of pitched battles they stab each other.

I remember the battles very well. We didn't take knives.

yes I know. But it was definitely ‘tougher’ in years gone by. It was all about who was the hardest, who was the toughest- nowadays all you do is get a knife or a gun, and there is no toughness or hardness in shooting or stabbing anyone. It’s random and cowardly nowadays whereas years ago you had to actually do something to be seen as tough. I don’t think it’s anywhere near as tough now, it’s easy to kill someone but in very low & cowardly ways. Take Cov- used to be a war zone every Friday & Saturday, proper nutcases wandering around, now you have 17 year old without a bone of hardness in their body but they can murder anyone at any time cause they have a gun in the footwell of their car.

not disputing what you are saying at all, just that I think it was more violent before, whereas now it’s more indiscriminate cowardice by people who’d have lasted about 10 seconds if put up against some of the monsters that used to knock about years ago.

Astute

Point of order: landlords can kick you out they just need to give three months notice instead of two.
Depends.

My mother was in the process of kicking someone out. It has stopped. It will restart again at a later date. But thise who have been good at paying rent in past will be safe it looks. They will have to catch up at some stage. The problem is that it will be difficult for many to catch up. It will just be one of many bills/debts that will have built up.

shmmeee

Phishing is way up. Combination of them at home, lots of noobs online and general confusion must make it prime scamming time

BornSlippySkyBlue

My son is a Doctor on the Covid19 wards. He doesn’t have the right protective equipment. There is not enough ventilators and he and his colleagues expect to get ill.
As a country we are woefully under resourced for what we are facing. This can be attributed to 10 years of under funding the NHS from the government.
As a country, we voted for a government that did this, so we have ourselves to blame.
My only hope from all of this is that the doctors, nurses, managers and patients who have all been sating for years about the state of the NHS will finally be listened to.

Maybe this is the start of better funding for the NHS now that more people realise it could be the only thing that keeps them alive sometimes.

No point taking all of your saved taxes with you in your box after all.

Your son deserves to be able to do his job with the correct, basic safety equipment. Tell him thank you for what he and his colleagues are doing.

Nick

Administrator
he'd change his opinion in an instant if he though it would put a million on the viewing figure. Or he'd be made to change it by the producer if he thought it would.
Best thing is he's admitted that he had people doing his makeup up until today

Why are these cunts able to try and fill people's heads with agendas

shmmeee

Depends.

My mother was in the process of kicking someone out. It has stopped. It will restart again at a later date. But thise who have been good at paying rent in past will be safe it looks. They will have to catch up at some stage. The problem is that it will be difficult for many to catch up. It will just be one of many bills/debts that will have built up.

I mean that’s up to your Mum but the law is what I said and there’s plenty of examples around of people getting evicted. One an NHS worker with the landlord saying “I can’t take any chances getting this virus” disgusting. But that’s landlords for you.

We’ve had the bare minimum support to keep business going really. Dresses up in press conferences as some great support package. The wage grants didn’t stop Wetherspoons sacking everyone. Still nothing for self employed people. Still the lowest sick pay in Western Europe.

I worry what we’ll look like if this if for three months.

shmmeee

My only hope from all of this is that the doctors, nurses, managers and patients who have all been sating for years about the state of the NHS will finally be listened to.

Maybe this is the start of better funding for the NHS now that more people realise it could be the only thing that keeps them alive sometimes.

No point taking all of your saved taxes with you in your box after all.

Your son deserves to be able to do his job with the correct, basic safety equipment. Tell him thank you for what he and his colleagues are doing.

Nah the Daily Mail will print some “Labour wants to tax your sausages” crap and the old dears and simpletons will eat it up again then wonder why the public services are so shit.

Grendel

Phishing is way up. Combination of them at home, lots of noobs online and general confusion must make it prime scamming time

I had quite a convincing one on my phone which said that my payment had been declined from 02 and linked you to a very convincing O2 site - the actual link web address when you looked closely though was not right

Ring Of Steel

I mean that’s up to your Mum but the law is what I said and there’s plenty of examples around of people getting evicted. One an NHS worker with the landlord saying “I can’t take any chances getting this virus” disgusting. But that’s landlords for you.

We’ve had the bare minimum support to keep business going really. Dresses up in press conferences as some great support package. The wage grants didn’t stop Wetherspoons sacking everyone. Still nothing for self employed people. Still the lowest sick pay in Western Europe.

The reality is that nothing has changed- promises, boasts, bluster, very low on either detail or substance.

NortonSkyBlue

The wealth creators in our society are the risk taking entrepreneurs, but the people who generally gain most are the bankers and lawyers who feed off them.
They’ve created a system for their own gain. Look at Parliament, it’s full of ex-lawyers, bankers and oxford/Cambridge graduates who studied non practical subjects.
Our cutPM studied classics, so he’s obviously making decisions based on Ancient Greece. The current and past chancellor’s were both bankers who worked for banks that created the 2008 crisis and filled their pockets whilst there
Who ends up paying for this ? Entrepreneurs & their workforce through taxation- you and me, so they can lord it over us.
In the meantime the NHS which we all rely on is run into the ground despite that lie they posted on the side of a bus
)
Please thank your son for his efforts on behalf of the public. He is truly a hero. But... I can't agree with the shit you are posting.
Your son studied to be a doctor on funds provided by the state, he is paid a salary paid for by the state. He is using his talents to serve the very people he trained to be a doctor for.
You and other berate the government at every opportunity yet was it not the voters that put them in in 2010 as a coalition and in 2015 as a majority and in 2017 as a minority and in 2019 as a landslide? In between wasn't it the public who voted to exit Europe? Why was that? Because of the horrific consequences of the government of the period before.
A message on the side of a bus is nothing but a message on the side of a bus until we exit Europe and we haven't as yet.
Lord it over us? For gods sake man it's 2020 not 1820. Stop this serf and master speak and take responsibility for the society around you. It's not the government's fault that people stab and kill each other anymore that it is their fault that idiots light up a BBQ. I understand that it is a blame culture you live in but how about putting the blame where it lies- on feral individuals.

Astute

yes I know. But it was definitely ‘tougher’ in years gone by. It was all about who was the hardest, who was the toughest- nowadays all you do is get a knife or a gun, and there is no toughness or hardness in shooting or stabbing anyone. It’s random and cowardly nowadays whereas years ago you had to actually do something to be seen as tough. I don’t think it’s anywhere near as tough now, it’s easy to kill someone but in very low & cowardly ways. Take Cov- used to be a war zone every Friday & Saturday, proper nutcases wandering around, now you have 17 year old without a bone of hardness in their body but they can murder anyone at any time cause they have a gun in the footwell of their car.

not disputing what you are saying at all, just that I think it was more violent before, whereas now it’s more indiscriminate cowardice by people who’d have lasted about 10 seconds if put up against some of the monsters that used to knock about years ago.
I remember them days very well. Lived on most of the 'select' council estates growing up. Remember the battles between Willenhall and The Aldermoor before the road was built. They were running battles. But the difference was the vast majority wouldn't touch those not involved. They wouldn't mug pensioners. And they wouldn't go around stabbing people.

I also worked the doors in the 80's and 90's. It got a bit tasty at times. But it was fun most of the time. But then the idiots were given more rights than those protecting everyone. It got so bad my wife made me pack it up. Said I was too old :D Said pack it in or she was leaving.

shmmeee

I had quite a convincing one on my phone which said that my payment had been declined from 02 and linked you to a very convincing O2 site - the actual link web address when you looked closely though was not right

Yeah they’re very good. A client got done to the tune of 12k as they hacked the accounts and sent out false payment requests. The email the Accounts lady clicked was very convincing, I’d nearly fallen for it myself until I spotted the web address.

Ring Of Steel

)
Please thank your son for his efforts on behalf of the public. He is truly a hero. But... I can't agree with the shit you are posting.
Your son studied to be a doctor on funds provided by the state, he is paid a salary paid for by the state. He is using his talents to serve the very people he trained to be a doctor for.
You and other berate the government at every opportunity yet was it not the voters that put them in in 2010 as a coalition and in 2015 as a majority and in 2017 as a minority and in 2019 as a landslide? In between wasn't it the public who voted to exit Europe? Why was that? Because of the horrific consequences of the government of the period before.
A message on the side of a bus is nothing but a message on the side of a bus until we exit Europe and we haven't as yet.
Lord it over us? For gods sake man it's 2020 not 1820. Stop this serf and master speak and take responsibility for the society around you. It's not the government's fault that people stab and kill each other anymore that it is their fault that idiots light up a BBQ. I understand that it is a blame culture you live in but how about putting the blame where it lies- on feral individuals.

Yes I agree, however you also have to bear in mind the constant torrent of misinformation & lies that a lot of people believed in order to get those people into power.

Ring Of Steel

I remember them days very well. Lived on most of the 'select' council estates growing up. Remember the battles between Willenhall and The Aldermoor before the road was built. They were running battles. But the difference was the vast majority wouldn't touch those not involved. They wouldn't mug pensioners. And they wouldn't go around stabbing people.

I also worked the doors in the 80's and 90's. It got a bit tasty at times. But it was fun most of the time. But then the idiots were given more rights than those protecting everyone. It got so bad my wife made me pack it up. Said I was too old :D Said pack it in or she was leaving.

If you were the one that booted me out of the Pink Parrot in '92 then we aren't friends any more :)

Geoff Thompson's book is one of the best I ever read, I can imagine they were testing times.

Astute

And it was said she wasn't allowed to kick that person out.

I agree with what you say. How about you telling those who wanted lockdown before people got the virus?

Astute

If you were the one that booted me out of the Pink Parrot in '92 then we aren't friends any more :)

Geoff Thompson's book is one of the best I ever read, I can imagine they were testing times.
Not me M'lord. Mainly Margate, London and Manchester. Lost a very good mate to an idiot with a knife in Coventry when he was on the door. Still gets me now that does. Couldn't work Coventry after that.

Ring Of Steel

Not me M'lord. Mainly Margate, London and Manchester. Lost a very good mate to an idiot with a knife in Coventry when he was on the door. Still gets me now that does. Couldn't work Coventry after that.

I remember there was a spate of them- I knew Noel from Earlsdon pretty well, who was as hard as nails but a really lovely guy, someone stabbed him outside Busters in what- 1991 or something over something ridiculously petty. Cov was an evil place in those days.

clint van damme

)

You are an absolute cretin who talks utter shit. Surely there's some other unprincipled c**t living in Saudi you can spout your shit to and keep it off here.

Thank fuck when the lock downs over, you'll be able to go out and watch a stoning or a beheading or something to keep yourself amused.
Imagine coming out with a nonsensical diatribe like that to try and deflect from the government's inability to provide front line workers with PPE
Shameful.

NortonSkyBlue

You are an absolute cretin who talks utter shit. Surely there's some other unprincipled c**t living in Saudi you can spout your shit to and keep it off here.

Thank fuck when the lock downs over, you'll be able to go out and watch a stoning or a beheading or something to keep yourself amused.
Imagine coming out with a nonsensical diatribe like that to try and deflect from the government's inability to provide front line workers with PPE
Shameful.
That's nice!

Ring Of Steel

That's nice!

I don't propose to work out who said what on this, but did anyone think that the govt would get it this badly wrong? We are not talking complex trade deals & things that are clearly very difficult, we are talking about ordering/ manufacturing some PPE to give to front line health workers who are saving lives on an hourly basis. But yet we still managed to royally fuck it up?

clint van damme

I don't propose to work out who said what on this, but did anyone think that the govt would get it this badly wrong? We are not talking complex trade deals & things that are clearly very difficult, we are talking about ordering/ manufacturing some PPE to give to front line health workers who are saving lives on an hourly basis. But yet we still managed to royally fuck it up?

Leave the government alone!! It's our fault!

Ring Of Steel

My son is a Doctor on the Covid19 wards. He doesn’t have the right protective equipment. There is not enough ventilators and he and his colleagues expect to get ill.
As a country we are woefully under resourced for what we are facing. This can be attributed to 10 years of under funding the NHS from the government.
As a country, we voted for a government that did this, so we have ourselves to blame.

I just caught up with all this. Mr Stein, I don't want to chuck cliches around but this is a time when it is 100% justified, your son is a hero. Huge, enormous, massive respect & best wishes to him and his colleagues.

tisza

Give over the women in the Pink Parrot were rougher than the bouncers :)

Moff

There are leaked emails circulating showing that despite all the boasting and promises, not one single request was formally made for test kits from labs until Sunday afternoon, when panicky emails went out to research institutes. At that stage there had already been 335 deaths.

It’s the most catastrophic failure of any government in many decades.

Do you have a link to this as I haven’t seen it anywhere, and would rather see the facts myself than just taking what a bloke off the internet said.

Ring Of Steel

Do you have a link to this as I haven’t seen it anywhere, and would rather see the facts myself than just taking what a bloke off the internet said.

I think its on Peston's twitter feed for a start amongst other places

(waits for usual suspects to make out its fake news/ bullshit/ made up etc)

Users who are viewing this thread