Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (22 Viewers)

David O'Day

WTF is wrong with people. Seems everyone in parliament thinks the rules don't apply to them.

I'd say most of them do think the rules apply to them but out of 650 anything there is a good chance one of them will be a bellend about something.

Sick Boy

Keep the faith mate. It will end eventually but it's the not knowing when that's really difficult. My wife is in the high risk category and it's been excruciatingly difficult over the last few months. She's only recently been confident enough to go out for walks but still crosses the road when someone comes the other way. Now she's losing confidence again and we're back to square one.
I think your parents should certainly stay away from air travel. Flying for older people looks like a game of Russian roulette. It's a disgrace. We all need to stay put and ride it out . All we can do is be sensible and keep a distance from others and chances are most of us will be okay.
As long as your parents are together they can look after each other and you shouldn't over worry because there's nothing you can do. Look after yourself.
Thanks for the kind words, mate, much appreciated.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Thanks for the kind words, mate, much appreciated.
Absolutely no problem. Its like we're all stuck in some kind of limbo , all trying to figure out a way to deal with the day to day logistics of the basics of shopping, parenting, work, family, finance etc and no one has the answers. We've all got more time to think about it but we can't really fix it because it's totally out of our control. But you will be okay because you will do what's right for you and your family.

Grendel

Me too - she's very good.. I meant the bojo interview she's retreated though.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yes I know but I’ve never understood really why she is still frozen out - she’d be better in a key shadow minister job as well - I bet hardly anyone can name the shadow chancellor. I know Caroline Flint lost her seat but again she’s a level headed person you’d want to get back in at the earliest opportunity

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I actually like Yvette Cooper and think she’d be a far better leader than Starmer
Agreed. I also thought Harriet Harman would have been a good leader.

shmmeee

Agreed. I also thought Harriet Harman would have been a good leader.

She wasn’t great as acting leader before.

Cooper is a funny one. I went into 2015 wanting to vote for her but she was just so distinctly average. Weirdly I think she’d do better now Ed Balls is quite popular generally.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Cooper is a funny one. I went into 2015 wanting to vote for her but she was just so distinctly average. Weirdly I think she’d do better now Ed Balls is quite popular generally.
Ed Balls is a fucking good dancer....as strictly showed.

SBAndy

Still convinced Andy Burnham will be next Labour leader (and appreciate it’s going a little off-topic!).

In fairness to Johnson, I don’t think it can be expected that he knows all restrictions in different places. Same as when the old “how much does a loaf of bread cost” comes out to show how out of touch they are. Really can’t abide by that gotcha-style interview.

CCFCSteve

Always found her a bit smug (like a fair few MPs)...she again highlights though that there are to many decent ‘heavyweights’ of both main parties on the back benches, which is a shame

Ian1779

Still convinced Andy Burnham will be next Labour leader (and appreciate it’s going a little off-topic!).

In fairness to Johnson, I don’t think it can be expected that he knows all restrictions in different places. Same as when the old “how much does a loaf of bread cost” comes out to show how out of touch they are. Really can’t abide by that gotcha-style interview.
Not sure about that - although I wouldn’t mind. He was seen as too left-wing by the Blairite machine.

Users who are viewing this thread