Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (42 Viewers)

mark82

He’s on ‘oxygen treatment’ now apparently, not sure of the specifics but doesn’t look good.

Assume that's just a 'tubes up the nose' job rather than the full ventilator treatment.

fernandopartridge

Rumours it’s St Thomas’

Lets hope he gets well soon.

it's the nearest one to Downing St so i'd imagine you're right

he won't be treated privately, no way a private provider would take this type of patient, as ever with anything of life threatening consequence it's the NHS that is there for everybody

PVA

The scheme was to order ventilators and get them built. It hasn’t worked and all countries are getting manufacturers to build them as the uk are and you mocked the approach - look at France here - they’ve given up on the “scheme”

Again you read a headline and froth

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

The point is not whether it worked or not, the point is that through a series of incompetent errors the government failed to take part in something which could have been hugely beneficial to us.

No harm could have come from joining the scheme, only good. Yet we fucked it up.

Brighton Sky Blue

You know full well what it is. If you don't, then look it up.

I'm not going to spend all day arguing with you on here.

And to think, this all started because I had the audacity to suggest Johnson probably shouldn't have boasted about shaking hands with people in hospital and that he might get to see what his party has done to the NHS.

How dare I make such statements!

You seemed to enjoy his illness. Brah nobody is with you on this

Grendel

He’s on ‘oxygen treatment’ now apparently, not sure of the specifics but doesn’t look good.

His oxygen levels will be low. They will not want the infection getting into his lungs and will run a series of tests - it doesn’t mean that he is going into a serious state yet but he probably shouldn’t have been working all last week and admitted earlier

Grendel

The point is not whether it worked or not, the point is that through a series of incompetent errors the government failed to take part in something which could have been hugely beneficial to us.

No harm could have come from joining the scheme, only good. Yet we fucked it up.

Er no good came of it and other than Germany everyone is following our route of trying to get manufacturers to build

Grendel

I'm not enjoying it, I hope he pulls through.

But to repeat - shaking hands with everyone in hospital (and boasting about it) is not a good idea.

Nor is fighting over the pasta at Asda and yeah your loving it hence the stupid corridor comments and take it on the chin bollocks

PVA

Nor is fighting over the pasta at Asda and yeah your loving it hence the stupid corridor comments and take it on the chin bollocks

Back to your weird supermarket agenda. Bizarre.

And yes as I say, I would quite like him to see what state the NHS is in as a result of severe underfunding. Again, nothing wrong with that.

Grendel

Back to your weird supermarket agenda. Bizarre.

And yes as I say, I would quite like him to see what state the NHS is in as a result of severe underfunding. Again, nothing wrong with that.

Twat

PVA

You really don't like it when someone pulls up Boris and the Tories do you.

He boasted about shaking hands in a live address to the nation. It was wholly inappropriate and irresponsible. It's indefensible (well maybe except to you and your fellow lickspittles).

Grendel

You really don't like it when someone pulls up Boris and the Tories do you.

He boasted about shaking hands in a live address to the nation. It was wholly inappropriate and irresponsible. It's indefensible (well maybe except to you and your fellow lickspittles).

You may want him dead but your digging your own grave on here - keep going

PVA

You may want him dead but your digging your own grave on here - keep going

I don't want him dead. Unlike you I'd rather preserve as many lives as physically possible.

Do you think it was a good idea to boast about the handshakes in a live address to the nation?

Do you think the NHS has been adequately funded for the last 10 years?

They are my two points and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them.

Grendel

I don't want him dead. Unlike you I'd rather preserve as many lives as physically possible.

Do you think it was a good idea to boast about the handshakes in a live address to the nation?

No they are not your main points and you are backtracking

hill83

Both of those points I agree with and are absolutely correct in my opinion. You’ve linked it to him being ill and you come across as enjoying it. That I don’t agree with. It’s wrong.

PVA

Both of those points I agree with and are absolutely correct in my opinion. You’ve linked it to him being ill and you come across as enjoying it. That I don’t agree with. It’s wrong.

I'm not enjoying it and I don't mean it to come across that way. I am just seeing the irony in it.

Edit: actually no irony isn't the word I'm looking for.

It's more a disgust that the leader of our country could be so irresponsible to do what he did.

Ian1779

I'm not enjoying it, I hope he pulls through.

But to repeat - shaking hands with everyone in hospital (and boasting about it) is not a good idea, especially for the Prime Minister.

Boris never actually did that at all. He went to Kettering hospital in the middle of the night, shook hands with no one and at that point that particular hospital didn’t have a single confirmed case. It was all bollocks in the first place.

Grendel

Grendel

Boris never actually did that at all. He went to Kettering hospital in the middle of the night, shook hands with no one and at that point that particular hospital didn’t have a single confirmed case. It was all bollocks in the first place.

lol more frothing he read it on twitter

Users who are viewing this thread