Transfer Shouts (9 Viewers)

slowpoke

Anyone closer to the door do you think @Skybluebeliever?

That’s an interesting question we need players especially in defence maybe even a goalkeeper, but apparently we need to ship out loans to bring in loans. Those loans out likely to be Kane, Walker or Waghorn maybe all three, but then in my opinion that leaves our first team squad short of experience at a time we will be playing two games a week for weeks. As for selling a star such as Gyorkeres he would need replacing with a similar player yet our owner wouldn’t give anything like the money needed for that unless MR has another bargain up his sleeve.

Samo

That’s an interesting question we need players especially in defence maybe even a goalkeeper, but apparently we need to ship out loans to bring in loans. Those loans out likely to be Kane, Walker or Waghorn maybe all three, but then in my opinion that leaves our first team squad short of experience at a time we will be playing two games a week for weeks. As for selling a star such as Gyorkeres he would need replacing with a similar player yet our owner wouldn’t give anything like the money needed for that unless MR has another bargain up his sleeve.

Especially in defence? We have 6 senior midfielders on the books and 2 of those are not fit!!!!

slowpoke

Imo defence is a priority but yes another midfielder would be good. I have my doubts though we will see either.

Skybluebeliever

The owners need to be careful of selling any player who could lead to us being relegated. The value of the club would be significantly affected during any Sale period if we play in L1 next season.
We have just had a 3 home league games and a home cup game postponed. This would have had a massive impact on cash flow into the club and then have to fund the pitch improvements
Hopefully SISU can bridge this shortfall otherwise the club might not have a choice

JonesBob

We brought in Doyle, Panzo and Adaramola with defence and people are still whinging about the defence. People are disappointed about the cancelation of matches and that has led to us being bottom, which is obvious, but let's see how we do over the next few weeks

Samo

The midfield is badly light... with COH injured and Palmer not ready, the Hamer suspension means we are playing kids with more kids on the bench.

SlowerThanPlatt

We brought in Doyle, Panzo and Adaramola with defence and people are still whinging about the defence. People are disappointed about the cancelation of matches and that has led to us being bottom, which is obvious, but let's see how we do over the next few weeks

Well one hasn’t made a league squad yet and another has sat on the bench. They seem like squad fillers (Adaramola is not even that atm) rather than improving the 11

NorthernWisdom

We have just had a 3 home league games and a home cup game postponed. This would have had a massive impact on cash flow into the club and then have to fund the pitch improvements
Hopefully SISU can bridge this shortfall otherwise the club might not have a choice
You appeared to be hinting before that, that we had little choice anyway, so I'd say current events make it a racing certainty that somebody's sold barring a spectacular surprise from somewhere.

Grendel

Sisu surely can find a loan even at high interest and using season ticket sales as security

It’s hardly ideal but it’s either that or a sale

D

Deleted member 2477

Not to mention the 180,000 we have had to sub wasps for pitch repairs and the expected fine from the EFL

fatso

How many first team appearances at championship level or higher, have those 3 defenders got between them?

That's the problem. Bringing in numbers without proven quality or experience is a massive gamble. (We got lucky with Maatson)
People banging on about how good Panzo is, based on a couple of pre season games and a debut against a side that finished 5th in league 1 is a joke.

Fadz may be old and slow, but he is the only quality in the back 3, if he gets injured we are fucked.

ccfc_Tom

How many first team appearances at championship level or higher, have those 3 defenders got between them?

That's the problem. Bringing in numbers without proven quality or experience is a massive gamble. (We got lucky with Maatson)
People banging on about how good Panzo is, based on a couple of pre season games and a debut against a side that finished 5th in league 1 is a joke.

Fadz may be old and slow, but he is the only quality in the back 3, if he gets injured we are fucked.
I rate Hyam highly

South West Sky Blue

I get the point you’re making, but still feel you’re a bit harsh on Pandora there (which may not have been your intention).

Sick Boy

It’s been obvious that either one of Vik or CoH would end up being sold, it’s even more likely to happen now for a cutdown price with everything else going on.

Sky Blue Harry H

It’s been obvious that either one of Vik or CoH would end up being sold, it’s even more likely to happen now for a cutdown price with everything else going on.

Not saying you're wrong, but if I was Joy, I'd be looking at the possible domino effect that might have at the moment, particularly in terms of MR. I was glad Norwich won last night, as I was starting to wonder if Dean Smith was in danger of being ousted and who they might be looking at to replace (still might happen, of course). Anyway, back to my cup of tea and chill until the coach sets off to Hull !!

Sick Boy

Not saying you're wrong, but if I was Joy, I'd be looking at the possible domino effect that might have at the moment, particularly in terms of MR. I was glad Norwich won last night, as I was starting to wonder if Dean Smith was in danger of being ousted and who they might be looking at to replace (still might happen, of course). Anyway, back to my cup of tea and chill until the coach sets off to Hull !!
The club is going to be desperate for cash flow - I’m not sure how much consideration would be given to any possible domino effect, unfortunately.

Sick Boy

Why is it, who too and how much ?
It’s been claimed on here by those IKT that we signed our better players up on bumper contracts but needed to sell one of them for financial reasons because the contracts weren’t sustainable…this was all before we’d had games cancelled ands that not even considering the outlay on getting the pitch repaired.
And of course the club survives by selling players to cover operating costs - when was the last significant transfer to fund those?

Users who are viewing this thread