Things that annoy you (14 Viewers)

Ccfcsj

So hard hitting, just watched it, the car crushed under the lorry, that then caught fire, don't think anyone could see that and not be shocked and devastated about how such a stupid action could cause such carnage. One definitely for road campaigns. Agree with all the sentiment, 'Leave your phone alone'
Still see too many people doing this - obviously their conversation is more important than peoples well being :rolleyes:

Nick

Administrator
So hard hitting, just watched it, the car crushed under the lorry, that then caught fire, don't think anyone could see that and not be shocked and devastated about how such a stupid action could cause such carnage. One definitely for road campaigns. Agree with all the sentiment, 'Leave your phone alone'

Dead dog in the carriageway did me in :(

Tommo1993

Unfortunately it has to make grim viewing, but it’s not enough for some to stop.

LastGarrison

Had Sky Sports News on in the background most of the morning and I want to glass the guy who does the voice over for the advert for the Cardiff "Burninum" match.

Reactions: vow

wingy

The Express.
Not just the political stance and devicive tone in it's headlines .
They've got a wierd habit of doing articles of people, generally Stars who've died many many year's ago.
So on my feed tonight featured Dean Martin ,but the photographs they've used in the header are of James Dean .🤭

Nick

Administrator
Souness describing a match in the Premier League as "it's a man's game" and women losing their shit.

Come on, get some perspective. It literally was a man's game he was on about FFS.

ajsccfc

Souness describing a match in the Premier League as "it's a man's game" and women losing their shit.

Come on, get some perspective. It literally was a man's game he was on about FFS.

I've seen reaction to that as if he was screaming in relief at the women's Euros being over and all that but really he just loves seeing a bit of aggro and used what's at worst, clumsy wording. If a women's game saw a two-footer going in and a 22-woman brawl as a result he'd be loving it just the same

Nick

Administrator
GPs... Again.

Make me take time off work. Wait 40 minutes after appointment time to tell me something that takes less than 2 minutes and they could have said over the phone about test results.

Reactions: vow

Sick Boy

When companies don't understand invoice due dates.

If the due date is the 9th, you pay it by the 9th. I don't give a shit if your "payment run is the 21st".
This x 100.
I’ve had companies try and say their payment terms are to pay in 60 days - wtf?!

Nick

Administrator
This x 100.
I’ve had companies try and say their payment terms are to pay in 60 days - wtf?!

Yeah exactly, which must be nice for them but it isn't for the people they are paying. Especially for monthly payments, don't pay within a reasonable time and your service is suspended. It is as simple as that.

When I was self employed I had it a lot. £250 was not much to them but was a decent amount to me and then they would wonder why I wouldn't do any more work when it took them 6 weeks to pay me after lots of chasing.

Sick Boy

Yeah exactly, which must be nice for them but it isn't for the people they are paying. Especially for monthly payments, don't pay within a reasonable time and your service is suspended. It is as simple as that.

When I was self employed I had it a lot. £250 was not much to them but was a decent amount to me and then they would wonder why I wouldn't do any more work when it took them 6 weeks to pay me after lots of chasing.
Yeah got the same from a new client who ‘forgot’ about the invoice and has now said they can’t pay in Euros and they have 30 days payment terms - they’ve literally just emailed to ask why work hasn’t come through - fuck that!
The idiots even signed a contract with 5 working day payment terms - doubt they bothered to read it. 😂😂

Nick

Administrator
Yeah got the same from a new client who ‘forgot’ about the invoice and has now said they can’t pay in Euros and they have 30 days payment terms - they’ve literally just emailed to ask why work hasn’t come through - fuck that!
The idiots even signed a contract with 5 working day payment terms - doubt they bothered to read it. 😂😂

The thing is though, I am sure there are plenty of companies who aren't on the ball who are owed so much money from people like that.

I was pretty ruthless when I worked for myself, if they didn't pay for a website (with a reasonable reason) it was taken offline with a message about billing and to get in touch. Then once they paid Id tell them to find somebody else. It is obvious to tell when people do have actual issues paying and when people are just dicks trying to pull a fast one.

Personally I hate owing, especially when its a small business or somebody who is self employed.

shmmeee

If the due date is the 9th, you pay it by the 9th. I don't give a shit if your "payment run is the 21st".

This x 100.

standard this. The entire business model of the company I work for is getting suppliers paid instantly, sadly it required buyers to sign up and onboarding was a nightmare so we’ve pivoted to revenue based loans. But if someone can crack for B2B what they’ve done for B2C they’ll be onto a goldmine. We’ve got a deal with a US credit card supplier to try sending suppliers virtual credit cards with money on as over there it’s all done by cheques in the mail apparently. So it could be worse

jimmyhillsfanclub

This x 100.

My 2 biggest customers both have 60 day + EOM terms. Take it or leave it.

It was a bit scary at first with regards cashflow etc, but I got used to it pretty quickly.....especially as I factor it in & charge accordingly(y)

Nick

Administrator

It was a bit scary at first with regards cashflow etc, but I got used to it pretty quickly.....especially as I factor it in & charge accordingly(y)

I guess if you know up front you can plan and charge a bit more.

It's just when you chase payment and they are like "Oh actually, we pay every couple of months" after you have grafted to get all the work done.

Sick Boy

Yeah the one who has 60 days is a company I do large/high end projects a few times a year - after finding out I whacked prices up by 35% over the next couple of projects and they kept coming back.

Terry Gibson's perm

I think it’s been on here before but cyclists on the foot path, have been walking for an hour most nights and whenever a cyclist comes towards me they expect me to give way and it nearly always happens on the bit outside liberty way where it’s bushes and I end up in them.

Nick

Administrator
I think it’s been on here before but cyclists on the foot path, have been walking for an hour most nights and whenever a cyclist comes towards me they expect me to give way and it nearly always happens on the bit outside liberty way where it’s bushes and I end up in them.

don't blame them for your wanking habits. ;)

Robinshio

so had a form pushed through the post today saying there was a letter for me which was underpaid on postage, so if i did not pay £2,50 they would return to the sender
Not knowing who or what the letter relates to i had to pay - so was annoying, but gave me an idea

So the idea is
Send a letter to yourself without a stamp on
Put the return address as where you really want the letter to go to

and then do not pay the £2.50 or whatever and it gets delivered to where you want it to

Simples!

shmmeee

Been in the Netherlands recently and the small residential roads, ones only just wide enough for two cars to pass, all have cycle lanes in red tarmac down each side like this:

1660747140648.jpeg

Most of the time as a driver you straddle the cycle lane and use the road as if it wasn’t there, but if you come across a cyclist they take priority and if you’ve got oncoming traffic you just have to wait to overtake. Works really well and from what I understand cyclists would rather be on the road than the pavement for the surface. Can’t imagine it would cost much either.

Terry Gibson's perm

Been in the Netherlands recently and the small residential roads, ones only just wide enough for two cars to pass, all have cycle lanes in red tarmac down each side like this:

View attachment 25858

Most of the time as a driver you straddle the cycle lane and use the road as if it wasn’t there, but if you come across a cyclist they take priority and if you’ve got oncoming traffic you just have to wait to overtake. Works really well and from what I understand cyclists would rather be on the road than the pavement for the surface. Can’t imagine it would cost much either.

It would cost a fortune here everything they ever do does.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

View attachment 25858

I seem to recall in Copenhagen they have similar but with a physical kerb where possible between the cycle lane and the road. Incredible really. It makes cycling very safe which is why it's so popular.
As a pedestrian you really have to have your wits about you when crossing !

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That stupid whistle at the end of every single McDonald's ad is very annoying.

shmmeee

I seem to recall in Copenhagen they have similar but with a physical kerb where possible between the cycle lane and the road. Incredible really. It makes cycling very safe which is why it's so popular.
As a pedestrian you really have to have your wits about you when crossing !

As far as I can tell the rule seems to be separate lanes with a physical barrier on higher speed roads and those red lanes where it’s 30kph or lower.

It was explained to me that various areas cars are treated as “guests” which means everyone else comes first basically. Lots of traffic calming but without being horrific on your suspension like here too. And don’t get me started on the quality of the roads themselves compared to here. I’m sure they pay elventy billion in tax for it, but it does make for a nice experience for all.

Users who are viewing this thread