Things that annoy you (12 Viewers)

stay_up_skyblues

BPme “rewards”. Been collecting them for years after BP binned nectar off. Recently my local garage switched to Esso so now it’s back to nectar. Thought I’d cash in my whopping £30 worth of BP reward points.

Exchanged for love2shop vouchers thinking that gives the biggest variety. Only to find you can only take £5 vouchers at a time so I ended up with six £5 codes. Surely you can combine the £5’s to make a larger balance? No.

When Im in love2shop cashing my £5 vouchers one at a time, I go for Just Eat vouchers. However, the minimum voucher for Just Eat (and all the restaurants) is £10, so non starter - you can’t combine.

So I decide to request 6 separate £5 Argos vouchers. Time consuming yes, but I thought £30 at Argos will buy a new something of use.

Alas, after all this pissing around, Argos only allow three vouchers to be used per transaction. So it’s actually two £15 purchases.

What a long winded hour long ball ache. I’ll basically use it to get two £15 discounts of some bigger items but they don’t make it easy do they.

Terry_dactyl

More recently I’ve started to become irritated when people say ‘less’ when in fact they mean ‘fewer’. I am now officially middle aged. I’m especially annoyed when I do this.

I also get irritated by people saying ‘stadiums’ instead of ‘stadia’. Although I’m not sure how grammatically correct this is. It still irritates me.

Nick

Administrator
Article in the Telegraph about the Mount Nod one stop trying to help people get off smoking cigs.

Coventry shopkeepers want to stop selling cigarettes to customers
One store owner helped three women from one family convert to smoke-free alternatives.

Nothing to do with the fact they have a huge selection of vapes, oils etc they are selling them instead.

CRACK DEALER HELPS PEOPLE STOP SNIFFING COKE.

robbiekeane

When dickheads wait until the light goes green to even think about sorting themselves to move.

Oh is that light green? Better put my phone down. Now…what do I do again…oh yes, handbrake off…have a little look around…car in gear andddddd I’ll just pull off and oop it’s on amber so enough space for me and one other car

Honestly fucking infuriating I wish I could scream at them the thick twats

Nick

Administrator
When dickheads wait until the light goes green to even think about sorting themselves to move.

Oh is that light green? Better put my phone down. Now…what do I do again…oh yes, handbrake off…have a little look around…car in gear andddddd I’ll just pull off and oop it’s on amber so enough space for me and one other car

Yep I'm the same, same with people who hesitate badly when driving with all things.

I was stuck behind one yesterday, they literally stopped at junctions about 100 yards before the line and then slowly edged forward until they could see. Wonder how half the people pass their test (if they actually have)

Tommo1993

Used to make me laugh when I was on the buses and I had a full bus, and people would beep me because I hadn’t moved instantly.

Mate, my foot was down ages ago.

NorthernWisdom

Yep I'm the same, same with people who hesitate badly when driving with all things.

I was stuck behind one yesterday, they literally stopped at junctions about 100 yards before the line and then slowly edged forward until they could see. Wonder how half the people pass their test (if they actually have)
There's a bridge around Bretford - I overtook someone once because I thought they'd parked outside a house, they were that far away from the line for the lights!

While we're at it, people who stop at roundabout junctions even if there's nothing remotely within sight, and it's a desolate wasteland devoid of cars other than us!

robbiekeane

And don’t get me started on the people who brake BEFORE indicating. Bonus points for when they are looking for street parking and make it everyone else’s problem behind them

Sbarcher

A bit of a similar thing walking up to the turnstiles. People start fumbling in their pocket, then through their wallet for their season ticket. Just get it sorted before you get there!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The other day caught the bus at the George Eliot 3 nurses in uniforn in the bus shelter having a fag before they went into work.Weather was fine otherwise might have had a discussion about it . I've no objection about people smoking just their choice of venue.The same day watched a guy on a mobility scooter having come on to the road because 6 or 7 car had blocked his way.Just wish some poeple would have a little bit of consideration for others

oakey

I think the common denominator with fuckwits is not just selfishness and lack of common sense but just having tunnel vision. Don't they ever observe the world and see other people mess up and think, don't be like that eejit?
In other words they can't reflect and learn from others' mistakes

Hutch11

The standard of driving in this country is appalling, even Spain where they tend to drive like lunatics is preferable , at least there you expect lunacy

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Mirror, Signal, Fucking Manoeuvre, it's not rocket science. I'm with you all the way on this one, and it's not just dropping people off, it's all kinds of driving and manoeuvres, really get's me fuming
I wonder if new cars have mirrors people never seem to use them when pulling out into traffic as well as looking over their shoulder or reversing and on that point how did some people ever pass their test or isn't reversing in the test now.When i took mine you had to use hand signals and starting handles

Last edited:
Reactions: vow

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Old moaner back again went Coventry today first time for years Anybody used the Post Office at Smiths in Debenhams first of all you see the sign for it looking from the fountain in the square.Go in downstairs oh no you have to come out and go in the main entrance escalator not working in store.When you get there long queue 2 people working ( normal I was told by a regular) Plenty of tills on the side no one on them. I did notice only 1 lift working in the centre long queues at that.Are there no lift maintainance guys in this county same problem at Tesco's in Bedworth.,or are they just badly built in the first place. No more rants today going to lie down in a darkened room.Liked the fountains by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread