Robins linked with Bristol City. (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Majority of their fans are horrified at the idea and want NP to stay.

Otis

You were hoping for midtable this season after just being promoted from league 1? Pfffft
Key word is "hoping". I wasn't expecting.

But we have thrown some crazy points away. Another 2 wins instead of defeats and we would be midtable.

Evo1883

I'd be horrified at the idea of Pearson managing here too to be fair .

So it's swings and roundabouts really

Like I said pearson has done absolutely nothing at some good clubs outside of Leicester where he had great backing and a brilliant infrastructure in place .

They see his name , they see Leicester, but Bristol aren't Leicester.

And pearson hasn't managed well anywhere else

Gregbant

You and Grendel have both said this about their fans not wanting Robins and preferring Pearson. Out of interest what did you both do to find out, I am guessing have you gone on their fans sites? If so are they against Robins or just supportive of Pearson, If they are against Robins what sort of things are they saying?

*Edit* ignore this just saw a link above to their fans site

Evo1883

You and Grendel have both said this about their fans not wanting Robins and preferring Pearson. Out of interest what did you both do to find out, I am guessing have you gone on their fans sites? If so are they against Robins or just supportive of Pearson, If they are against Robins what sort of things are they saying?

They are saying that Coventry aren't great this season so they want pearson .
Despite Coventry being relegation candidates and Bristol being pre season playoff contenders .

They seem pleased with his 22% win ratio despite having a side that should be top half

Along those lines really

Pearson has also said he needs 4-6 transfer windows, so it's going to take 2-3 seasons to get a promotion pushing outfit together

Altogether they have put no solid argument as to what makes Pearson so good , apart from his spell at Leicester

Last edited:

Gregbant

They are saying that Coventry aren't great this season so they want pearson .
Despite Coventry being relegation candidates and Bristol being pre season playoff contenders .

They seem pleased with his 22% win ratio despite having a side that should be top half

Along those lines really

Pearson has also said he needs 4-6 transfer windows to going to take 2-3 seasons to get a promotion pushing outfit together

so they seem happy to give him 2-3 seasons to compete at the top

Just had a read of it, quite an interesting read and quite balanced. They seem to like Pearson despite their results they are not slating Robins they just think they are better off as they are. Quite nice reading a thread without someone making snidey remarks at others and general wumming, rather refreshing 😂😂

skybluetony176

If they’re fans want Pearson to stay they’ve got a dose of the Andy Thornitus that our fan’s briefly suffered. His record is appalling, not just at Bristol, every appointment since he left Leicester and even at Leicester he had the luxury of inheriting a decent team with some genuine stars in.

Personally I wouldn’t swap Robins for him in a million years.

Evo1883

Just had a read of it, quite an interesting read and quite balanced. They seem to like Pearson despite their results they are not slating Robins they just think they are better off as they are. Quite nice reading a thread without someone making snidey remarks at others and general wumming, rather refreshing 😂😂

I hope they do keep pearson , it's better for us next season should we survive

Grendel

Sam Allarydce might be free in the summer.

Evo1883

I don't mind big sam , I think the game is gradually moving away from him though and his style is getting harder and harder to implement with success ..

WBA would have been better keeping bilic

skybluetony176

Hardly he is better manager at this level

Their fans see robins as another Steve Cotterell which is a fair comparison
His record is shocking. Every team he’s managed at this level has gone backwards when he took over and forward when he’s left.

Grendel

Not if WBA have any sense he won't relegation or not!

Actually we both know someone who’d get ten more points than big Sam don’t we?

Grendel

The Tonester SBT and O Drivel on a football thread?

There’s normally as much chance of that as well being killed by a Donkey. Has the Tonester got his sleeping bag?

Evo1883

Do Bristol fans think that with their players ...Robins wouldn't have picked up more than 1 win in their last 8 games ?

I'd say they were mad

Since pearson took over at Bristol with a better squad Screenshot_20210411-143357_FlashScore UK.jpg

skybluetony176

The Tonester SBT and O Drivel on a football thread?

There’s normally as much chance of that as well being killed by a Donkey. Has the Tonester got his sleeping bag?
You think Pearson is proven at this level. Probably best you keep of the football threads. Pearson isn’t proven at any level, you know Jack.

Reactions: vow

Jamesimus

Do Bristol fans think that with their players ...Robins wouldn't have picked up more than 1 win in their last 8 games ?

I'd say they were mad

Since pearson took over at Bristol with a better squad View attachment 19520

This is basically how I feel. I know they've had their fair share of injuries too, but he should be doing a lot better with that group of players than he is.

skybluetony176

Whatever you think of Robins for any reason the suggestion that Pearson would be a better option is laughable. Seems to be the same posters who claimed that Reice Charles-Cook was a better keeper than Burge. Just to be clear I’m not saying Burge is awesome, just obviously a better keeper than Charles-Cook.

Grendel

Oops

Users who are viewing this thread