Robins linked with Bristol City. (2 Viewers)

Grendel

The Tonester- the forum gift that never ever stops giving

letsallsingtogether

Whatever you think of Robins for any reason the suggestion that Pearson would be a better option is laughable. Seems to be the same posters who claimed that Reice Charles-Cook was a better keeper than Burge. Just to be clear I’m not saying Burge is awesome, just obviously a better keeper than Charles-Cook.
And the same posters that slag nearly every player in our squad.
Maybe they should go and support Bristol City.
Seriously I take anything they say with a pinch of salt clearly Grumpy Old Men.

Super Graham Withey

I'd say there's a chance that Robins will go to Bristol City in the Summer, I've thought the Robins could go for Robins for a while. Robins was gushing about Bristol City and the set up in his post match interview after the first game of the season. And Steve Lansdown is a big admirer of what Robins has done here in extremely difficult circumstances, there's a post on the Bristol City forum to that effect. Lansdown is not afraid to give up and coming British managers a chance, he appointed Lee Johnson several seasons who although he had BCFC connections had far less experience at the time than Robins does.

cc84cov

I'd say there's a chance that Robins will go to Bristol City in the Summer, I've thought the Robins could go for Robins for a while. Robins was gushing about Bristol City and the set up in his post match interview after the first game of the season. And Steve Lansdown is a big admirer of what Robins has done here in extremely difficult circumstances, there's a post on the Bristol City forum to that effect. Lansdown is not afraid to give up and coming British managers a chance, he appointed Lee Johnson several seasons who although he had BCFC connections had far less experience at the time than Robins does.
Of course there is a chance same as when he jumped to Huddersfield

lordy_87

Oops

Charles-Cook did look really good when he first came in tbf

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

And the same posters that slag nearly every player in our squad.
Maybe they should go and support Bristol City.
Seriously I take anything they say with a pinch of salt clearly Grumpy Old Men.

giphy.gif

Sky Blue Harry H

Lansdown is not afraid to give up and coming British managers a chance

At the age of 51, I wouldn't call someone 'up and coming' (sorry MR) Established...maybe, but think you need to be late 30s , early 40s for that. FWIW, I am in the 'heading into the horizon' category ;)

Evo1883

It was a record at the club for clean sheets I recall .
Yea ..incidently man utd are not far off breaking the all time Premier league away games without defeat ..but they're hardly a great side

Sky Blue Harry H

Yea ..incidently man utd are not far off breaking the all time Premier league away games without defeat ..but they're hardly a great side

They'd still give us a game though, especially with our centre backs currently out.

D

Deleted member 11652

Who would you get in

It’s a tough one, I’d have liked Cook but now it depends who’s available. We can either go up and coming like Lowe or Duff or go for championship experience like Harris or Monk. I guess it’s hard to say without knowing the finances and each managers ideas

Ccfcisparks

It’s a tough one, I’d have liked Cook but now it depends who’s available. We can either go up and coming like Lowe or Duff or go for championship experience like Harris or Monk. I guess it’s hard to say without knowing the finances and each managers ideas

You’d have to go forward thinking. Ainsworth perhaps? Although turgid football would make this place absolutely horrific lol

cc84cov

You’d have to go forward thinking. Ainsworth perhaps? Although turgid football would make this place absolutely horrific lol
Love his enthusiasm just worry about his technical ability at this level he will probably lose the dressing room also 😉

Last edited:

Grendel

Shame Doyler has yet to get some management experience. If we dropped to League 1 and Robins walked, he'd be just the man to kick arses that needed kicking.

He strikes me as someone whose never going to be a manager for very long

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Who would you appoint? A serial failure like Monk and Harris?
Harris has managed two clubs, one he got promoted then took to mid table in the championship, then left, got another in the playoffs, before a bad run this season. Hardly serial failure.

Monk only failed at Middlesbrough.He left Leeds despite being offered a new contract, And did he fail at Sheffield weds? Struggled to get them out of the relegation zone with a 6 point deduction in October - that’s bigger expectations than us.
If we stayed up and Robins left and we appointed someone who’s only managed Bury and Plymouth, that’d be very small club mentality.
and in our price range. The only other available manager who’s got an ounce of success in him is Chris Wilder, but I’d imagine he’d get a top end job.

it’s hardly small time to take an up and coming manager who’s only known success. We’ve done the big name thing - it rarely works out. Reid and Coleman...

Users who are viewing this thread