Keepers.....what would you prefer (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

No right or wrong answer, just curious....

Would you prefer to sign an experienced keeper, but one that's getting on a bit (Kirkland, Green) and would also take a fair chunk out of the budget for wages, or would you stick with a young and hungry keeper like RCC, giving him experience and hoping he cements himself as a decent keeper for years to come ?

skybluetony176

We don't need another keeper in my opinion. RCC has come on in leaps and bounds this season and is more than accomplished for league one and hopefully will only get better next season. Burge is adequate as second choice. Our money would be better of spent on defenders.

ccfc_Tom

We don't need another keeper in my opinion. RCC has come on in leaps and bounds this season and is more than accomplished for league one and hopefully will only get better next season. Burge is adequate as second choice. Our money would be better of spent on defenders.
Agreed

ccfc92

Can I say undecided? I think RCC is a good enough keeper atm, but he knows he is No1.

If we were to sign someone like Green, then get rid of Burge and have the two keepers fighting for the No1 shirt.

I think Green would have been on a fortune at QPR, so not a chance IMO, but you never know.

higgs

I'd prefer spend the money on two 20 goal a season strikers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brylowes

I'm really not sure, it's not all about a keepers heroics between the sticks, an
experienced keeper can foil attacks before they happen by organising those
in front of him.

Gaz

I'm content with the keepers we have considering our budget for next season and with the amount of players we need to bring in

AFCCOVENTRY

If you were offered Rob Green on sensible wages it's a no brainer.

Kirkland is a gamble as he is so injury prone.

JWC

I really like RCC. If he keeps improving at the rate he has been then he'll be working his way up the leagues pretty soon, hopefully with us. Other positions are a priority for me right now

higgs

I really like RCC. If he keeps improving at the rate he has been then he'll be working his way up the leagues pretty soon, hopefully with us. Other positions are a priority for me right now
Definately if we winged it this year with a rookie in goal don't see the point in replacing him next season when he has already got a full season behind him in our division

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

RCC is a cracking shot stopper, he still makes me nervous coming out for a cross. Also, he doesn't seem to talk to the defenders, such as the cock up against Burton

torchomatic

I'd keep RCC as number one and have someone with more experience on the bench like Joe Murphy.

dongonzalos

No right or wrong answer, just curious....

Would you prefer to sign an experienced keeper, but one that's getting on a bit (Kirkland, Green) and would also take a fair chunk out of the budget for wages, or would you stick with a young and hungry keeper like RCC, giving him experience and hoping he cements himself as a decent keeper for years to come ?

Last season yes and let RCC learn on loan
Now I think he has had that season long development stick with him
But we need to now get Burge out on loan

covcity4life

last year i could see the argument for an experienced keeper but this year it seems a sensible decision to go with RCC who is getting better all the time and shows glimpses of excellence that you dont see in league 1 much

steve82

Stick with RCC as he's improved massively over this season, but a replacement for burge I feel we need. He's not up to the standard were trying to achieve with the players we've let go this week is a marker to judge by.
I don't believe he's good enough now to push RCC. Another young keeper aged 21-25 from who's been released from a Premiership club or championship to push RCC to improve him more.
Only reason I'd say to go for a ageing top keeper would be if oggy was to be stepping down and there duties are combined between back up keeper and keeper coach otherwise is a waste of a big salary that could be used better in the squad.

Users who are viewing this thread