Robins linked with Bristol City. (3 Viewers)

Evo1883

Am I alone in wanting us to change manager at the end of the season if we go up? I just don't think Robin's could take us any further than we are now.

If we went down I'd happily keep him however.

giphy.gif

Sick Boy

Dont think he meant successful at interview. But on the football pitch.
He got them promoted to the PL. To say he’s had zero success on the pitch while ignoring that he’s won promotions from League 1 and the Championship and managed in the PL is crazy.

procdoc

He got them promoted to the PL. To say he’s had zero success on the pitch while ignoring that he’s won promotions from League 1 and the Championship and managed in the PL is crazy.
He had millions invested into the promotion push. Would he have had the same success managing us if he took over at the same time as Robins did? I very much doubt it

fatso

I just dont get this MR out shit!
Honestly, why the fuck would we want to get rid of arguably the best manager we've had since Jimmy Hill, especially when we are currently sitting in the highest league position since he's been here.

2 succesful wembley appearances, 2 promotions, and a successful (or so its looking)
first season back in the championship, with the lowest budget in this league!!!

I mean, what the absolute fuck do people want?

Sick Boy

He had millions invested into the promotion push. Would he have had the same success managing us if he took over at the same time as Robins did? I very much doubt it
I’m not interested in that and I don’t want him in charge here.
It just doesn’t make much sense to say he’s had zero success on the pitch when he clearly has.

procdoc

I just dont get this MR out shit!
Honestly, why the fuck would we want to get rid of arguably the best manager we've had since Jimmy Hill, especially when we are currently sitting in the highest league position since he's been here.

2 succesful wembley appearances, 2 promotions, and a successful (or so its looking)
first season back in the championship, with the lowest budget in this league!!!

I mean, what the absolute fuck do people want?
When you ask them to name a replacement they name Kenny Jackett or Nigel Pearson, inspiring

Sick Boy

When you ask them to name a replacement they name Kenny Jackett or Nigel Pearson, inspiring

Who’s suggested having Pearson in charge? It started from Bristol City fans being horrified at the prospect of Robins replacing him rather than him being touted to take over us.

cov donkey kick

Robins has mirrored JH through the divisions with us not playing in Coventry with probably less budget all he needs to do is push us anywhere near the play offs in the next couple of seasons and he will be equal stature .idiots some people that don't recognise that idiots!

procdoc

Didn’t they get promoted from League 2 the same season as us?
They also play their games at an actual home ground and have a slightly bigger budget than us. I think what they have achieved is fantastic by the way so not knocking them at all.

Brighton Sky Blue

They also play their games at an actual home ground and have a slightly bigger budget than us. I think what they have achieved is fantastic by the way so not knocking them at all.

Yeah, but it is still consecutive promotions followed by staying in this league. It is splitting hairs a bit though.

shmmeee

Jones went to Stoke though, failed, and came back to Luton. So I’d argue you can’t count his current run as as successful as Robins’.

procdoc

Yeah, but it is still consecutive promotions followed by staying in this league. It is splitting hairs a bit though.
I’m not disagreeing with you fully. Since our relegation to league two they always seemed a season ahead in terms of progress and that is exactly how it has turned out

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m not disagreeing with you fully. Since our relegation to league two they always seemed a season ahead in terms of progress and that is exactly how it has turned out

I will say it is pretty impressive that 3 of the sides promoted from L2 that year would be playing in the Championship just 2 years later. Funnily Accrington who won the league have gone on to do the ‘least’.

Grendel

The home ground thing is irrelevant as we’ve had better records at sixfields and at Andrews than the Ricoh

procdoc

The home ground thing is irrelevant as we’ve had better records at sixfields and at Andrews than the Ricoh
I will argue that at sixfields we had Wilson etc banging the goals in. Robins achieved promotion playing at St. Andrews, playing at someone’s ground outside of your home city is difficult. Promotion was a great achievement

skybluetony176

So you’re saying that there’s no possible way that we could have bettered last season’s achievements at the Ricoh? Based on what?

You’re also wrong about Sixfields. Our last 2 seasons at the Ricoh both trumped the Sixfields season including a club record points total since 3 points for a win. Mowbrays first full season also trumped it.

Grendel

Sigh

Two seasons prior to sixfields 31 and 28 points. Sixfields season 35 points.

It was the highest tally since 2006

skybluetony176

Sigh

Two seasons prior to sixfields 31 and 28 points. Sixfields season 35 points.

It was the highest tally since 2006
? That even remotely right.

2012/13 at the Ricoh 55points after 10 point deduction for entering administration
2013/14 at Sixfields 51 points after 10 point deduction for exiting administration.
2015/16 at first full season back at the Ricoh 69 points.

Users who are viewing this thread