Ricoh is confirmed? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
And the restriction on future legal action. Why is it so hard for you to admit this? It’s there in black and white on both statements.
Yes, wasps want ccfc to not be able to have any legal power over anything.

Probably another way to try and force a takeover

shmmeee

Any way, regardless of what the issue was last summer it seems a way forward has been found if all these rumours are to be believed so let’s hope we can chalk it up as yet another pointless SBT argument and get back to Cov next season.

shmmeee

Yes, wasps want ccfc to not be able to have any legal power over anything.

Probably another way to try and force a takeover

How would that even make sense? I can’t swim so excuse me if I don’t follow you into the deep end.

mr_monkey

Any way, regardless of what the issue was last summer it seems a way forward has been found if all these rumours are to be believed so let’s hope we can chalk it up as yet another pointless SBT argument and get back to Cov next season.

I honestly can't wait for that day

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just my opinion but an undertaking gets you in to talks i very much doubt it becomes in any way binding until a deal is done. So until a deal is done and signed an undertaking not to do something is just words and not binding on either side. Both sides know this. It certainly has no worth if the deal breaks down because the undertaking fails at the same time and is no longer valid or current

The problem in this saga has always been the careful use of words in statements by all sides that are not wrong but not wholly accurate either. Not sure we will ever know what really was said, agreed or done between the two owners.

clint van damme

I heard from a source who works at the stadium is that F&B with Delaware is signed and both parties happy. The sticking point is Wasps want £1m a year rent while SISU are only prepared to offer £500k a year rent and neither party will budge, only what ive been told dont know weather it 100% true but it sounds to me about right.

a bit more detail than what I was told but sounds the same.
F and B sorted but can't agree rent was what I was told yesterday.
A million is a piss take but it's surely more viable than staying in Brum?

Senior Vick from Alicante

To many variables involved that give both sides an easy out. It's mutually beneficial for both to get a deal done but there's so much hard headedness on both sides that until the Telegraph have the front page headline saying how gracious Wasps have been I won't get to excited.

Liquid Gold

If we're paying £1m but they don't have any access to any of our revenue, F&B, parking, sponsorship and a share of the stadium sponsor and we can provide our own stewarding etc. then it may be reasonable. If they want us to pay £1m and keep their hands in everything else then we should just leave them.

Brighton Sky Blue

a bit more detail than what I was told but sounds the same.
F and B sorted but can't agree rent was what I was told yesterday.
A million is a piss take but it's surely more viable than staying in Brum?

Both sides probably taking the mick so just call it half way between

chiefdave

If they want us to pay £1m and keep their hands in everything else then we should just leave them.
If its basically the same deal we had before even the biggest Wasps fan will surely find it difficult to justify a 900% rent increase.

Makes no difference what division we are in or if there are bigger crowds as we get charged the additional matchday costs if the crowds are bigger.

Liquid Gold

If its basically the same deal we had before even the biggest Wasps fan will surely find it difficult to justify a 900% rent increase.

Makes no difference what division we are in or if there are bigger crowds as we get charged the additional matchday costs if the crowds are bigger.
But then Boddy estimated they made £2m a year from us before with all the extras. Why would they now take half of that just as a base rent?

Sky Blue Pete

They must be desperate surely

fernandopartridge

I despise Wasps as much as anybody, but they have got their own financial needs and these are not necessarily in CCFC's favour. Yes they're desperate for cash but it's all the more reason for them to drive a decent bargain, if a headline rent of £1m just adds a big chunk to their bottom line, they're going to try and take it, especially if they know CCFC's deal at Brum when taking everything into consideration can't really be any better.

Limey

Slice of the sponsorship is the one for me (i.e 50%). Events thing is interesting. What's likely to generate more revenue, f&b or events?
Pitch quality essential.

CCFC54321

With Wasps financial mess I wouldn’t be to surprised if SISU decide to sit it out a further year at St Andrews.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

With Wasps financial mess I wouldn’t be to surprised if SISU decide to sit it out a further year at St Andrews.
I noticed yesterday they still managed to put 15 players on long term contracts either their not in a mess or the money is coming from a possible deal with us As for sitting it out at S A it will cost us a lot if fans are allowed back.

jordan210

I noticed yesterday they still managed to put 15 players on long term contracts either their not in a mess or the money is coming from a possible deal with us As for sitting it out at S A it will cost us a lot if fans are allowed back.

The the clubs have been renewing contracts as they made players take pay cuts and to get players signed before FFP or something

Evo1883

1 million a season? How much would it cost us a season to maintain and run a stadium? I'm guessing much more than 1 million.

However, we must get a good deal on OUR match day food and beverage

Either way, sisu won't accept 1 mill... Can't see them accepting north of 500k tbh

chiefdave

1 million a season? How much would it cost us a season to maintain and run a stadium? I'm guessing much more than 1 million.
Suggested years ago it would be useful if the Trust put something together comparing stadium ownership, rental and new build scenarios. I know there's lots of variables but pretty sure you could work something up. Would then give an idea at what point rent becomes the best option.

Nick

Administrator
Suggested years ago it would be useful if the Trust put something together comparing stadium ownership, rental and new build scenarios. I know there's lots of variables but pretty sure you could work something up. Would then give an idea at what point rent becomes the best option.
They run the risk of making wasps and the council look bad then though.

shmmeee

Spirit of 87 twitter still saying 100% playing st ricoh next season

giphy.gif

Grendel

It would cost around £60 million

Users who are viewing this thread