Ricoh is confirmed? (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

Was just chatting to Dawkins he has heard deal been signed at St. Andrews for another 2 years

CCFC54321

Just to add some more I know something to the list somebody at the blues who is reliable is saying that blues are simply just waiting on the outcome of discussions with that London rugby club that isn’t wanted here anymore but they (blues) won’t be surprised if we are back at St. Andrews.

I’ve said it before I still think SISU will be happy to stay away another season to distress the London rugby club further.

mark82

Just to add some more I know something to the list somebody at the blues who is reliable is saying that blues are simply just waiting on the outcome of discussions with that London rugby club that isn’t wanted here anymore but they (blues) won’t be surprised if we are back at St. Andrews.

I’ve said it before I still think SISU will be happy to stay away another season to distress the London rugby club further.

Think it's pretty much a coin-flip at the moment, but there will be a decision soon.

shmmeee

I read this very positively. If it just one stumbling block and it is just the pitch, that doesn't seem insurmountable.

That said I did hear last time a major stumbling block was the pitch, specifically Wasps wanting CCFC to pay the extra for maintenance IIRC.

Of course that seemed to get sorted before the whole blow up about state aid and stuff. So you’d think they’ve got a common point of agreement somewhere.

Does make me wonder if it’s not just Wasps and Sisu playing hardball over the increases because of promotion.

Sky Blue Pete

Well anyone that says a deal has been made or is close is not in the know. As Mark says it’s flip a coin time. What absolutely is fact is we have a 3 year agreement to play at St. Andrews that we have used 1 year of, negotiations are taking place for us to play at Ricoh this season and beyond, more fans will come at the Ricoh and we will have a higher turnover, efl have allowed us to play our home games away from coventry

Everything else is bollox

Sorry and time is running out

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

Well we have a deal to play at St Andrews for a number of years. So nothing new there. Will be interesting to see if there is an increase in rent now that we’ve been promoted. It’s still all finely balanced where we play next season, but a crunch point is coming as we need to start season ticket sales. All down to the wire on this one...

bradwellskyblues

What is certain is that talks with wasps are ongoing the problem is the amount of rent wasps want. I suspect today’s announcement by Boris that crowds may be allowed back in October will mean clubs go for the 12th of September option giving us a little extra time to reach agreement ,but it is by no means a shoe in

AFCCOVENTRY

What is certain is that talks with wasps are ongoing the problem is the amount of rent wasps want. I suspect today’s announcement by Boris that crowds may be allowed back in October will mean clubs go for the 12th of September option giving us a little extra time to reach agreement ,but it is by no means a shoe in

It’s all quite complicated. Best thing is for fans not to get their hopes up for a return to the Ricoh.

higgs

I think we should stay in st Andrews this season and hopefully wasps go bust this season and we get back to the Ricoh in 2021

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RegTheDonk

I think we should stay in st Andrews this season and hopefully wasps go bust this season and we get back to the Ricoh in 2021

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yep, all for that, but the fear is obviously we need income to compete and stay in this division. If crowds are allowed back we would be at an immediate disadvantage - unless by some quirk everybody suddenly wanted to travel to Brum.

SISU have let MR spend a few bob, taking FFP into account, what are they basing this spending on in terms of how much money they think we will make, additional TV revenue etc. The gate money must be a factor in their calcs surely.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Despite wanting nothing but bad luck for Wasps, I will never understand this idea.
I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing to hope for (sorry wasps’ fans), but realistically it isn’t gonna happen in the next 12 months. How long do we keep hoping to drive them out of business for when it keeps not happening? And even if they did go pop, then what?

Grendel

Dear me he’s been whinging about NOPM for years. All of these groups seem to be very silent these days

Users who are viewing this thread