Ricoh is confirmed? (6 Viewers)

shmmeee

They will make more from F and B.

Would think the stands would come under matchday costs.

It can’t all be match day costs though, we must be paying a base rental rate.

shmmeee

There's rumours of them wanting to whack the rent up to over £1m but its always hard to work out where these rumours started and if there's anything to them.

Can't see the club agreeing a rent similar to the one we were originally paying before breaking the lease.

£1m/year they can fuck off (though it’s comparable to Brum by all accounts), unless there’s full access and a decent pitch.

Hahaha love how now I’m negotiating price in my own head, maybe it’s not that straightforward!

mr_monkey

Yep, thats why everyone got moved into one stand. Literally got charged more for each block that was opened up hence why they were always reluctant to open more.

That'll be why then (if the higher rent is true) as I imagine we will want to try and open as much of the stadium as possible

Skyblueweeman

There's rumours of them wanting to whack the rent up to over £1m but its always hard to work out where these rumours started and if there's anything to them.

Can't see the club agreeing a rent similar to the one we were originally paying before breaking the lease.

Assume that's per annum?

Gynnsthetonic

I heard from a source who works at the stadium is that F&B with Delaware is signed and both parties happy. The sticking point is Wasps want £1m a year rent while SISU are only prepared to offer £500k a year rent and neither party will budge, only what ive been told dont know weather it 100% true but it sounds to me about right.

covcity4life

I heard from a source who works at the stadium is that F&B with Delaware is signed and both parties happy. The sticking point is Wasps want £1m a year rent while SISU are only prepared to offer £500k a year rent and neither party will budge, only what ive been told dont know weather it 100% true but it sounds to me about right.

750k perhaps will meet in middle

Better than 1.4m s month although I did like 100,000 a year lol

Kilclines curly mullet

Why would a F&B deal be signed when it’s not confirmed we will be playing there ? I would expect an agreed in principle deal but not signed.

Magwitch

£1m/year they can fuck off (though it’s comparable to Brum by all accounts), unless there’s full access and a decent pitch.

Hahaha love how now I’m negotiating price in my own head, maybe it’s not that straightforward!
Is a million a year too much ? Let’s say we owned the stadium, how much would the business rates be, the utilities bills, maintenance etc I bet it ain’t far off a million quid.,

shmmeee

Is a million a year too much ? Let’s say we owned the stadium, how much would the business rates be, the utilities bills, maintenance etc I bet it ain’t far off a million quid.,

I mean my rent is way more than my landlord pays in mortgage. Fact is it’s the only gig in town so they can kinda name their price. I’d argue though it’d stick in the craw £1m/yr is less than we’d lose from reduced attendances (assuming at least half the season is played in front of fans), so ... yes?

I just hope these are serious good faith negotiations and neither side uses them for anything other than getting CCFC playing ag the Ricoh (as opposed to leverage for dropping legals/to starve out Wasps). Enough games now.

covcity4life

I mean my rent is way more than my landlord pays in mortgage. Fact is it’s the only gig in town so they can kinda name their price. I’d argue though it’d stick in the craw £1m/yr is less than we’d lose from reduced attendances (assuming at least half the season is played in front of fans), so ... yes?

I just hope these are serious good faith negotiations and neither side uses them for anything other than getting CCFC playing ag the Ricoh (as opposed to leverage for dropping legals/to starve out Wasps). Enough games now.

Aint we paying 1m at st Andrews?

fernandopartridge

How could you sign a contract for one thing that is so contingent on something you haven't signed?

Paxman II

CCFC will not sign up to a deal that jeopardises their ability to compete back in the championship. That would not help WASP if we simply went back down, becuase we could not offer the weages required or find those extra funds in January for that transfer window. A base rent plus all other commitments from policing, utilities and the rest of it will be too high if the rumoured rent is 1m.
It must be a deal that is sutainable, and linked to whichever league we are in, so if we go down the rent decreases. I would think the base rent, if there is a deal to be had would be somewhere between 4/500k to to 7/800k plus match day related cost. F&B will be difficult but the company operating that must see the sense in a percentage of a lot on match days, to none at all makes it worth their while too. There are simply no losers here that I can see. Not to forget the sonsorship of the stadium is worth millions, and CCFC being back there is a big factor for WASP getting a much higher rate for that. there will be a happy place for all found in a compromised deal. The golden egg could be a much larger rent for WASP should we reach the premier league. All to play for - excuse the pun.

chiefdave

Why would a F&B deal be signed when it’s not confirmed we will be playing there ? I would expect an agreed in principle deal but not signed.
The F&B deal with Delaware is for the whole complex I'd assume, not just for our games. Although I struggle to believe that deals like this were agreed without any clauses in them for the loss of approx 25 major events a year brining hundreds of thousands of people in.

Not like the situation was unknown, why would any supplier not ensure they're covered?

mr_monkey

Didn’t wasps want legals dropped ? I’m sure the EU Case is still on going,I think we will be back at St Andrews tbh

There has to be legals to be dropped ;) (nb not wanting to start it all up again but it's nice to be factually accurate :) )

mr_monkey

I love how we've moved from pretty much everyone agreeing the £1.3m a year (with the club offices, shop, ticket office etc based at the Ricoh) was ridiculously high to people thinking its reasonable for Wasps to charge us £1m a year for matchdays only.

Its the horrible desperation we all have to be back in cov isn't it.... I want to be back so so much but we can't be bent over a barrel to get back otherwise it's back to square one and all the hard work of the last few years will be up in smoke

Magwitch

But we have to cover the costs of 23 games plus cup ties which would include utilities, security, police etc.would soon mount up.

shmmeee

There has to be legals to be dropped ;) (nb not wanting to start it all up again but it's nice to be factually accurate :) )

While we are being accurate, the undertaking requested is to stop future attempts to reverse the Ricoh sale, which includes legal avenues ;)

shepardo01

I have a great Idea!!
@Tom Leach how about the Telegraph run a big Big story or even a campaign asking wasps to let us come home!!??
Would be brilliant for the leading local paper to help to push this.
You would be heroes if you helped to call on Wasps to let the City's premier sporting attraction back home to its own city!
CWR could help, and even get the biggest supporters group on board too!!
You guys could be heroes.........

If you want to be.....

mr_monkey

I have a great Idea!!
@Tom Leach how about the Telegraph run a big Big story or even a campaign asking wasps to let us come home!!??
Would be brilliant for the leading local paper to help to push this.
You would be heroes if you helped to call on Wasps to let the City's premier sporting attraction back home to its own city!
CWR could help, and even get the biggest supporters group on board too!!
You guys could be heroes.........

If you want to be.....

Don't be silly mate, where would they get their flags from?

mr_monkey

While we are being accurate, the undertaking requested is to stop future attempts to reverse the Ricoh sale, which includes legal avenues ;)

Against wasps which this isn't (and you know that) then wasps changed the goal posts to the insane demand

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Just some thoughts

Take a look at the rents paid in the championship on average well over £1m. Most teams don't pay rent though. Some pay in group situations but the money doesn't always stay in the group. Of course it depends what access that gets you. £500k is probably too low though.

Wasps I would think have a fair idea of the bcfc deal, that doesnt work well in these negotiations

We don't know what £1m gets you. Does it include shop premises? The opportunity to put on own events etc

Are wasps to carve the ccfc turnover out of the IEC turnover so Delaware can deal direct with the club So profit not split between wasps and ccfc but ccfc picks up all f&b income and expenses.

Does £1m get a full share of car parking on match days ?

The deal at bcfc has reportedly been £1m you would expect a similar based deal to be similar at ricoh. Yes better pitch historically at bcfc but more potential income straight to ccfc at the ricoh. Its about getting the right balance

Would be sensible for it to be on a sliding scale we have done that before in L1 and L2.

I would suspect the longer the deal the lower the price.

The fact the two sides are talking is a positive which means there must have been some movement in position on both sides.

You would expect the owners of the ricoh to have a pitch that suits them best before ccfc. There might be compromise but .... (on positive side I believe they like to play a quick passing style so a shorter grass helps that )

Bottom line both sides need the income and both owners will need to compromise to get a deal done

Last edited:

mr_monkey

Oh, so we weren’t just being pedantic. You were trying to make a point.

(And no, still incorrect)
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread