IKEA Closing in Coventry (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Mighty ducks coats. Nothing says class mors than the apparel of a fictional sporting team

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

All about Mighty Ducks.

Think I had this one

m_5ca97b532e7c2fb6709e501b.jpg

Might scour ebay to get one and bring it back again.

ajsccfc

Georgetown Hoyas was a team I'd see a lot of stuff for, I thought they were made up but are some kind of college team which makes their popularity in West Midlands schools even more odd.

David O'Day

Am I the only one here who when they were st school didn't look like their mother smoked red bands

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

It was the Campri look or wax jackets at that time both ideal for visiting the local shops

fellatio_Martinez

I remember when Kappa coats were all the rage in the mid 90s at school and always taking great delight in making the owners aware of the below.

Does+anyone+care+to+explain+this+_8e06065f547630d174ad3aa0dd6e626e.jpg

LastGarrison

It was all about the Naff Co 54.

Mine was a stunning red jacket purchased from the institution that was Wellesbourne Market.

Travs

I had a mighty ducks baseball cap. Then one day one of the local thugs (who I expect Nick would know of) and three of his mates decided to give me a kicking in the local park and steal it.

probably did me a favour.

ajsccfc

The big problem with people wearing their Air Max instead of the standard hoofy pair of Kickers were the school dickheads armed with compasses going for your air bubbles.

Nick

Administrator
I had a mighty ducks baseball cap. Then one day one of the local thugs (who I expect Nick would know of) and three of his mates decided to give me a kicking in the local park and steal it.

probably did me a favour.

Which pricks did that?

Travs

Which pricks did that?

I won’t name the names, as it was a long time ago.... it’s altogether possible they’ve changed their lives and made something of themselves (although I suspect not)..... I saw the “ringleader” in a car park the other day and he was a right fat disgrace to humanity....

suffice to say it was in Newdigate Rec, and taking the mild hump that they tried to steal my football when I was having a quiet kickabout with my younger brother, was enough for them to kick the shit out of me....

Nick

Administrator
I won’t name the names, as it was a long time ago.... it’s altogether possible they’ve changed their lives and made something of themselves (although I suspect not)..... I saw the “ringleader” in a car park the other day and he was a right fat disgrace to humanity....

suffice to say it was in Newdigate Rec, and taking the mild hump that they tried to steal my football when I was having a quiet kickabout with my younger brother, was enough for them to kick the shit out of me....

There used to be a few like that, I remember there were some people who would chase people for no reason at all to try and give them a slap. Mouth breathers.

I wouldn't hand over my mighty ducks gear though! :( Kappa maybe.

David O'Day

Ah Bedworth

Gazolba

It's a pity it's closing.
Where will people now buy all those Swedish things made in China.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I think an indoor outlet shopping village like bister village or Cheshire oaks would be a good idea
Gloucester Quays Outlet made good use of disused buildings too, and has brought life back to a historic but run-down area of the city - not lurid yellow and blue though!
Same can be said for Clark's Village in Zummerzet

oscillatewildly

bad news for the city.
From a personal point of few place makes me claustrophobic and fuck knows how you'd ever get out of there if there was an emergency.
Once got trapped in an aisle while buying some desert plates between two groups of loud, hyperactive Japanese tourists taking photos of fuck knows what. Place is a living hell.
With you on this, Clint. Had a right effin strop on a couple of occasions when I couldn't find the way out.

wingy

Wouldn't that be a harder to get to Resorts World? Imagine the gridlock.
This sort of thing /planning does my head in .
For instance Meadow fields?Is it?
IKEA Wednesbury? Malfunction junction A45 Tile Hill Lane ,A444 numerous junctions lights etc ,disrupting what are essentially important routes .
Especially those next to Motorways
444 designed and built as a fast through route, what a joke.
Don't start Mr on why there are no cycle lanes alongside it!!!:-(

pusbccfc

I believe Swindon has recently built an outlets centre.

Realistically, the building could be used in many ways.

It's that big, you could have an outlet shopping bit, huge gym, bowling, boutique cinema, rooftop bars, nightclubs etc.

IKEA going could be a blessing, as long as whoever in charge are ambitious.

clint van damme

I believe Swindon has recently built an outlets centre.

Realistically, the building could be used in many ways.

It's that big, you could have an outlet shopping bit, huge gym, bowling, boutique cinema, rooftop bars, nightclubs etc.

IKEA going could be a blessing, as long as whoever in charge are ambitious.

I have found myself at many crossroads in life, done things I regret, found myself in the depths of despair, and wondered if I could go on.
But I've never been so low that I've found myself in a designer outlet centre in Swindon

Sky_Blue_Daz

Might be worth contacting the BID people about this idea, Daz. Best i've heard by a long way.
Wouldn’t even know who to contact mate
But sure it would do well plenty of visitors and 2 hotels on the doorstep

Users who are viewing this thread