Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (16 Viewers)

Frankly_Mr_Shankly

I am puzzled why Wright gets all this criticism and Simms gets praised as a good signing whose value will go up. Wright looks poor at times but scores goals and shows real talent in flashes. I don't understand what Simms brings to the party as yet. Certainly not goals.
Simms isn’t to far behind Wright. The recruitment team have signed a pair of cart- horses who are so far off the pace of the championship it’s scary.

Hertsccfc

Cos he’s been played in fits and starts like Wright so Godden can be ever present. And he’s had worse service than I got from a very grumpy Russian waiter in the all you can drink sex club in Amsterdam.
He's played in every match!

And that has been the problem. He should have been allowed more time.

Hertsccfc

And yet still got absolutely smoked for pace by one of their defenders in a foot race in the first half (was it Rose?), even with a head start, I was fuming.
Wright is inconsistent and often frustrating but I can see there is a player in there. Simms seems consistently tame.

junglej13

Been probably Wright's biggest critic but thought he was at least involved yesterday. Showed glimpses of workrate which the crowd appreciated. Hopefully showed him it's not difficult. Work hard and show a bit of aggression and he would be twice the player.

Frankly_Mr_Shankly

Been probably Wright's biggest critic but thought he was at least involved yesterday. Showed glimpses of workrate which the crowd appreciated. Hopefully showed him it's not difficult. Work hard and show a bit of aggression and he would be twice the player.
And shooting/heading on target

PVA

Robins commented on Wright's work rate in his post match interview.

He was the first player he mentioned and said he'd worked his socks off.

Cally Fedora

They’ve all had patchy service. Wright looks a very good player to me. Simms looks OK but not as natural a footballer as Wright. I’d probably say we’ve paid a little over the odds for Wright but we do have a good player.

Londonccfcfan

And yet still got absolutely smoked for pace by one of their defenders in a foot race in the first half (was it Rose?), even with a head start, I was fuming.
Simms is actually quicker than Wright. Seen Simms go past quite a few players. Not seen Wright go past a single player.

Yes Rose smashed Wright in a one on one race to the ball the other day.

Hertsccfc

Simms is actually quicker than Wright. Seen Simms go past quite a few players. Not seen Wright go past a single player.

I get you don't like Wright, and I guess that is fine, but you clearly haven't been watching if you haven't seen him go past anyone. He outpaced their defence on numerous occasions on Saturday and does so regularly. Remember the goal he set up for Godden against Watford?

Wright is much quicker than Simms. You can argue he isn't any good but not that he isn't quick. Personally I think he has much more to his game than Simms but it's a question of whether he can make use of that effectively. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

CovLad94

Tbf Rose was quick, sure I seen a couple of player interviews they stated Rose was one of or quickest at the club in sprints.

CovLad94

They’ve all had patchy service. Wright looks a very good player to me. Simms looks OK but not as natural a footballer as Wright. I’d probably say we’ve paid a little over the odds for Wright but we do have a good player.
Agree, just needs that confidence and a bit more aggression, but definitely can see he's getting better

CCFC88

It was a ridiculous signing the the first place. La Liga really isn't very good, but he was never that standard. Not surprised that they sacked the manager making decisions like that.
He was a free signing so apart from wages they didnt really have much to lose. Could sell him to a championship team next summer for 2-3m easy

CCFC88

Wright sprinted past Vestergard and Doyle before having his shot tipped onto the bar at Leicester, literally the first thing he did in a sky blue shirt.

Swear some people don't have eyes

Londonccfcfan

Simms will finish top scorer.
If he gets game time. Pulling the short straw. Time and again.

Simms has so much more to his game than Wright and is light years ahead of him in every department.

No comparison between Simms and Wright. Simms has single handedly changed games this season.

Huddersfield at home his shot that won us that game from crossbar.

Simms was excellent vs QPR and again again when he come on as Sub at Preston.

Wright is only playing as hes our record marquee signing, and Robin's is clearly trying to polish a turd every week.

Hertsccfc

If he gets game time. Pulling the short straw. Time and again.

Simms has so much more to his game than Wright and is light years ahead of him in every department.

No comparison between Simms and Wright. Simms has single handedly changed games this season.

Huddersfield at home his shot that won us that game from crossbar.

Simms was excellent vs QPR and again again when he come on as Sub at Preston.

Wright is only playing as hes our record marquee signing, and Robin's is clearly trying to polish a turd every week.
I am not sure that it's worth debating with as you are acting like Grendel with his targets.

Just to say Simms and Wright have played almost the same number of minutes. Simms has appeared in all 17 matches so far. I think Wright has not featured in one or two. They have both been disappointing so far. Simms' lack of goals is particularly striking and his only goals have been against a poor QPR team. Wright is much better than you suggest but like Simms he has a lot of room for improvement. Let's hope both come good and get behind them.

Grendel

Rose was our fastest player when here

Grendel

I am not sure that it's worth debating with as you are acting like Grendel with his targets.

Just to say Simms and Wright have played almost the same number of minutes. Simms has appeared in all 17 matches so far. I think Wright has not featured in one or two. They have both been disappointing so far. Simms' lack of goals is particularly striking and his only goals have been against a poor QPR team. Wright is much better than you suggest but like Simms he has a lot of room for improvement. Let's hope both come good and get behind them.

Simms at the minute is the better prospect - you said he was poor in the air - he hit the post with a header and set up godden in the first half with a knock back - he has some pace as well - just awkward on the ball

CCFC88

Simms at the minute is the better prospect - you said he was poor in the air - he hit the post with a header and set up godden in the first half with a knock back - he has some pace as well - just awkward on the ball
He should have at least worked the keeper with that header, not sure you can use missing the target from 5 yards out as proof against the argument that he is poor in the air. That was a poor finish, in the air.

Grendel

He should have at least worked the keeper with that header, not sure you can use missing the target from 5 yards out as proof against the argument that he is poor in the air. That was a poor finish, in the air.

He hit the post and had to get above the defender

Reactions: AOM

Londonccfcfan

It wasnt the easiest angle at all. It's small margins.

There were another 2 headers in the game one from Godden and one Wright that wernt even close.

Users who are viewing this thread