Gyökeres Bids (2 Viewers)

alexccfc99

Alan Nixon reporting this, really hope it’s not the case as out of the so called ‘Big 3’ Vik is the one I would like to lose the least

Suppose it was inevitable but hope he doesn’t end up at Boro or any other Championship side

alexccfc99

If we sell to Championship rivals, we should be asking for far more than he’s worth. Bettering your competition just seems stupid

Especially as I really don’t think there was much between us and Boro last season

We schooled them at home (albeit under a different regime) and don’t think there was much in the game at the Riverside at all

Legia Sky Blue

Agree we should play hard ball with any Championship rivals, and preferably not sell at all.

I remember when we sold McSheffrey to Blues, Steve Bruce was in the press for weeks beforehand conducting the transfer, expecting us to sell at a price dictated by him. When we did sell we then replaced him with Kyle and McKenzie. Blues then got promoted while we finished bottom half. I would hate for that scenario to play out again.

1ccfc

Agree we should play hard ball with any Championship rivals, and preferably not sell at all.

I remember when we sold McSheffrey to Blues, Steve Bruce was in the press for weeks beforehand conducting the transfer, expecting us to sell at a price dictated by him. When we did sell we then replaced him with Kyle and McKenzie. Blues then got promoted while we finished bottom half. I would hate for that scenario to play out again.
There is no way we are getting rid of our top striker to then get Kyle and McKenzie back. Maybe two others, but defiantly not those two.

duffer

I'd hate to lose him, but the teams that come down will have bags of money, comparatively - it's them I worry about.

What I'd really hate is for him to go to a Prem side and then end up loaned out to a rival, that would really sting!

It he stays, it will be an amazing result, I think he'll do even better next season, but there must be a few clubs out there sniffing around.

PVA

Get a good fee it could be an exciting windows for us surely ?

Kind of money available we've not seen for years

This is exactly my thinking.

Yeah it would be annoying to lose Vik.

But look how well Robins has done with no money. How much could he improve us with £5-10m to spend in one window?

We bough Hamer and Vik for around £1m each, we could get 3 or 4 of that level of player.

Grendel

Get a good fee it could be an exciting windows for us surely ?

Kind of money available we've not seen for years

Its all relative though fees now are higher than when we were last in the championship

NorthernWisdom

I'm split. I don't think Gyokeres is a goalscorer as such, so think the past season is as good as we'd get from him. That doesn't diminish his value to the team even if he didn't get as many goals, but might well dininish his monetary value if his profile went down.

But... he'd be bloody hard to replace, and although I'm all for a strategy of sell one to improve many positions, it'd be a proper challenge to give us that bite he gives us, and the outlet.

Colin Steins Smile

I would expect Brighton have a sell on clause in the sale of Gyokeres. That seems to be normal practice with fees.
As for who might bid. I would think Fulham would be one, as their manager was complimentary of him from when we played them and they need to recruit another forward.
However, would Vik want to sit on the bench watching Mitrovic for most of the season albeit for lots of money each week? He doesn't strike me as the sort of player that would be happy with that.
One thing that makes him a little predictable for the Premier league is the tendency to want to check onto the right side to beat a player.....this he started to work on towards the end of the season and showed signs that he could move left as well. Hence, he's still improving.
I hope we see him here next season, as I'm sure the coaching staff will continue to develop him to the point any transfer fee would increase again.

SkyblueTexan

£15M or do one.
Absolutely no point otherwise.
And not into our own division.
15M is too little. The going rate should be 25M minimum as he is an international as well. With all the interest in him, start a bidding war and drive the price up by another 5M if possible.

Sky Blue Harry H

15M is too little. The going rate should be 25M minimum as he is an international as well. With all the interest in him, start a bidding war and drive the price up by another 5M if possible.

Typical Texan 🤠 exaggeration !

£15m - increase by £5m = £25m !! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

SkyblueTexan

Don’t see why being an “international” would increase his value, Sweden didn’t even qualify for the WC
With all these crazy price tags placed on players these days why must we sell our best players for peanuts? Unearthing gems on a shoestring is tough enough. But everyone wants a ready made solution to fill a void. With all the wealth at their disposal, these teams should/could find the next gem and develop them, but no. Hope Gyokeres realizes where his career was 1-2 years ago and sticks around. But if his head’s been turned, hope we make his next team pay through the nose for his services.

SlowerThanPlatt

With all these crazy price tags placed on players these days why must we sell our best players for peanuts? Unearthing gems on a shoestring is tough enough. But everyone wants a ready made solution to fill a void. With all the wealth at their disposal, these teams should/could find the next gem and develop them, but no. Hope Gyokeres realizes where his career was 1-2 years ago and sticks around. But if his head’s been turned, hope we make his next team pay through the nose for his services.

£15m would be more than fair, to expect £25m is madness IMO, nobody would pay that

Grendel

Don’t see why being an “international” would increase his value, Sweden didn’t even qualify for the WC

Wish we’d sold Klaus Jorgensen in his heyday

Users who are viewing this thread