Gyökeres Bids (2 Viewers)

stevefloyd

£15m would be more than fair, to expect £25m is madness IMO, nobody would pay that
Why not £25m? We stand to lose more than that if we don't get promoted and unless we happen upon another above average striker its a backward step for us to sell our best players including our top scorer

SlowerThanPlatt

Why not £25m? We stand to lose more than that if we don't get promoted and unless we happen upon another above average striker its a backward step for us to sell our best players including our top scorer

I don’t think getting promoted is on the clubs agenda

Grendel

Because no one will pay that much who’d want him

Evo1883

Should the lad be sold for 10 plus ,that would be an incredible return on our investment .. we just have to hope a hefty sum of that is put pack in

NorthernWisdom

Not much money there apart from the top 4
The likes of Rankfurt aren't great though, but are now Europa League winners. It's not like that'll turn them into title challengers, but will mean they'll have some cash. I don't know how much VAG are fnding Wolfsburg nowadays, but there's another.

Then we can head into Belgium and have 2-3 clubs, can even add Celtic and Rangers etc etc.

Now I'm not saying any of those specific clubs are remotely interested(!) and probably most would laugh in my face at the thought, but there are enough teams in Europe of a middling level who might want to take a punt, that his options aren't just limited to this country,

clint van damme

Both players scored more than Gyokeres and are British.

The respective clubs they played for also were in stronger negotiating positions than we currently are at the point of each sale.

There's not much in their records, and clubs have clearly identified viks other attributes.

Yes, Swansea and Brentford were in better positions than us financially but things aren't as desperate as they were a few years ago.
We should be holding out for top dollar.

Grendel

It’d be a gut punch for him to leave. He’s a great player and I would like to see him in a Cov shirt some more.

Selling players for hefty profits and reinvesting is how we need to develop though. It’s what eventually got Brentford promoted.

Brentford having a wage bill of £40 million and an unsecured loan of £100 million from there owner got them promoted

Evo1883

The likes of Rankfurt aren't great though, but are now Europa League winners. It's not like that'll turn them into title challengers, but will mean they'll have some cash. I don't know how much VAG are fnding Wolfsburg nowadays, but there's another.

Then we can head into Belgium and have 2-3 clubs, can even add Celtic and Rangers etc etc.

Now I'm not saying any of those specific clubs are remotely interested(!) and probably most would laugh in my face at the thought, but there are enough teams in Europe of a middling level who might want to take a punt, that his options aren't just limited to this country,

Vik would do extremely well in the SPL I'd imagine .

Evo1883

I just think he's the sort of player that would fit in well at west ham or crystal Palace , with further development

Philosorapter

I still think if we can get a decent strike partner of equal calibre to him, then his value will rocket up even more.

Grendel

Why would we let Vik go that cheaply given the fees paid for Watkins and McBurnie?
I'm resigned to him going but I'll be fuming if we let him go that cheaply.

Watkins was more established and went to a premier club

Also we have to sell to build the squad

Users who are viewing this thread