Gyökeres Bids (4 Viewers)

Deity

Anything less than £10m would be a huge disappointment. He’s just scored 16 Championship goals, that’s the kind of fee these players go for.
If we want big money we probably need to hold him until at least Jan 23. At the moment he’s had one excellent season, he needs to add at least half a season more before clubs will pay £20m in my view.

SlowerThanPlatt

If we want big money we probably need to hold him until at least Jan 23. At the moment he’s had one excellent season, he needs to add at least half a season more before clubs will pay £20m in my view.

We don’t have that privilege unfortunately like a Brentford who are under no pressure to sell. If he’s on 6 by January (and he has shown he’s a streaky player) then he’s not worth much

SlowerThanPlatt

We need to get a reality check. The guys has has one decent season.
maximum £10 million made up of instalments and add on’s
we would be lucky to get £5 million upfront

What a player is worth is dictated by the level of club interested in him. At the moment it’s reported to be Fulham and Middlesbrough, not big spenders

clint van damme

Watkins did reach double figures in 3 championship seasons

Yes, he was a one in 4 striker for2 seasons, he had his breakout season at around the same age as Vik.

And I'm not saying Viks as good as Watkins was which is why I'm not saying we should be asking for the same fee. But there's no way Watkins was twice the player Vik is now when he went for that money and neither was McBurnie.

Si80

Of course, greater potential
Yep he was seen as the next big thing at Liverpool, just a shame it never worked for him at SU in the Premiership.

Still think Vik is worth £15M+ to us. 23, International, does well standing in for Ibra at the Nations League thing and I think he'll have a few more suitors.

He's the hardest one for us to replace out of the 3 too imo.

Warwickhunt

Yes, he was a one in 4 striker for2 seasons, he had his breakout season at around the same age as Vik.

And I'm not saying Viks as good as Watkins was which is why I'm not saying we should be asking for the same fee. But there's no way Watkins was twice the player Vik is now when he went for that money and neither was McBurnie.
Mcburnie :ROFLMAO: 17 million oh my days!

stupot07

You know what will happen, the bid will accepted and the transfer deal will be done on transfer deadline day meaning we won't be able to get a suitable replacement in.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

procdoc

The thing is if Vik, Hamer and O’Hare want to stay it doesn’t really make a difference. If an acceptable offer comes in they will be urged to move on, we should all know the score by now

alexccfc99

I'm split. I don't think Gyokeres is a goalscorer as such, so think the past season is as good as we'd get from him. That doesn't diminish his value to the team even if he didn't get as many goals, but might well dininish his monetary value if his profile went down.

But... he'd be bloody hard to replace, and although I'm all for a strategy of sell one to improve many positions, it'd be a proper challenge to give us that bite he gives us, and the outlet.

A nea
I don’t think getting promoted is on the clubs agenda

I don’t get why it wouldn’t be, SISU would probably have a return on their investment even if we had one solitary season in the Premier League

alexccfc99

It would be a step backwards for his career.

I don’t buy this, Celtic or Rangers would be a great move for any Championship player now that Scotland’s coefficient ranking is good enough now that the League Winners are given automatic qualification into the Champions League

SlowerThanPlatt

A nea

I don’t get why it wouldn’t be, SISU would probably have a return on their investment even if we had one solitary season in the Premier League

Because they don’t have the finance to do so. Mid table in the Championship, exciting brand of football, develop and sell on a few players, will be good enough for them I think.

Users who are viewing this thread