Forgotten Trialists and Signings (1 Viewer)

Joy Division

Awful player he was lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a good record with Rushden & Diamonds and thought he was decent in the couple of appearances though it was a long time ago now and my memory might be a bit warped.

Legia Sky Blue

If its the same guy I remember him making a fantastic run and cross which would have been a gimme to any self respecting centre forward, only for Kevin Kyle to be on his heels at the edge of the penalty area. I'm pretty sure it was Fadiga, and I can still picture his exasperated look of disbelief at Kyle.

The Philosopher

Awful player he was lol

“Onandi Lowe was an awful player”.
Laugh all you like but the guy was an absolute beast of a player.
Had a better than one goal in every two games ratio in League One ( better than Ivan Toney) was 6’4’, could play in defence and had a decent international career (27 goals in 65 - many games in defence).

I think he played one, scored one and the got arrested and did one.

Now there is a thing in law where people are “innocent until proven guilty”

He got arrested. CCFC fired him and then....

He went to court and got off.

I still think that CCFC should have stood by him, told him to get out and play and put him on a big win and goal bonus whilst out on bail awaiting trial. (Remember, not found guilty then or later - he wasn’t Marlon King)

Good management might have been the key. I think a fired up 6’4 yardie-type with a point to prove would have terrorised any central defenders he came across.

“awful player”?

Last edited:

shmmeee

“Onandi Lowe was an awful player”.
Laugh all you like but the guy was an absolute beast of a player.
Had a better than one goal in every two games ratio in League One ( better than Ivan Toney) was 6’4’, could play in defence and had a decent international career (27 goals in 65 - many games in defence).

I think he played one, scored one and the got arrested and did one.

Now there is a thing in law where people are “innocent until proven guilty”

He got arrested. CCFC fired him and then....

He went to court and got off.

I still think that CCFC should have stood by him, told him to get out and play and put him on a big win and goal bonus whilst out on bail awaiting trial. (Remember, not found guilty then or later - he wasn’t Marlin King)

Good management might have been the key. I think a fired up 6’4 yardie-type with a point to prove would have terrorised any central defenders he came across.

“awful player”?

Marlin King.

Battered his missus I heard...

Liquid Gold

Marlin King.

Battered his missus I heard...

giphy.gif

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I remember going to Adams park probably around 2014 in a checkatrade game just after we’d sold Wilson and got the garbage in return, and we had a tiny nimble attacking midfielder called Danny Swanson who for that game I thought would be our Lord and saviour for the season. Was nimble, agile and could beat a man, showed loads of promise... for those 90 minutes. I remember getting excited thinking we had a player on our hands. Must have only played a handful more games and did nothing in them.

junglej13

I remember Yazid Mansouri. Wasn't that bad if I recall.
Seem to recall Mansouri was brought in to cover for Safri during the African Nations. He did so well he got picked for Algeria which sort of defeated the purpose of what he was brought in for. Think I'm right in saying he had given assurance when initially brought in that he had no interest in playing for Algeria. Subsequently we didn't extend his deal.

junglej13

Awful player he was lol

He had a brilliant goalscoring record with Rushden and Diamonds who I think won what is effectively League 2. I remember he scored at Crewe and looked a handful. Also recall in the same game he bent a free kick in from about 25 yards but can't remember if this was his goal or it got disallowed.

Bugsy

Anyone mentioned Stuart Urquhart 'giggles' ...PUSB

Bugsy

covboy1987

Was just sitting at work and thought: Remember when we took that winger called Orlando Smeekes on trial? A quick look at his Wikipedia page reveals that he retired in 2016, and also failed a trial at Charlton.

Brings me to the question in point, what other obscure failed trialists or signings can you remember?

I'm talking your Bouwe Bosmas, and Jack McBeans.
Kevin Keegan

Jesse Carver

Rohan Ricketts - was supposed to be the next big thing at one point. We had him on loan from Spurs, ended up as a bit of a globetrotter playing in America, Canada, India, Hong Kong, Ecuador, Hungary, Moldova, Germany, Thailand, Ireland, Bangladesh and perhaps most exotically... Leatherhead.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Donavon simmonds I remember he scored a cracker in a friendly but I can’t remember who against

Users who are viewing this thread