Port Vale striker Alex Nimley 'would play for nothing' to join Coventry City and keep (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Turns 24 in a few weeks, played 32 professional games scoring 1 goal. What a waste, but I bet he's absolutely minted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I doubt he would have been on that much at Man City, obviously it would be decent but if he drops out the professional game altogether it won't go very far.

ajsccfc

As someone who was present at the Ricoh while Marlon King played, I can tell you that there was absolutely not 'thousands' chanting that at all.

Terry Gibson's perm

What is it with you and Waggott, Rupert? You must be responsible for at least half the mentions of his name here.

I think I probably do most of the other mentions of that horrible specimen Waggott, he is all mouth and trousers.

Nick

Administrator
I was one of those that boycotted by not going to the Ricoh but have recently been accused of using it as an excuse not to go to the Ricoh anymore. My reasons are far more extensive than that. One question ajsccfc.....Did it bother the thousands that Chanted "She said YES Marlon" week in week out?

There weren't thousands, I also think 99% of those people are the ones singing she said no and calling him a rapist after he left.

stupot07

I doubt he would have been on that much at Man City, obviously it would be decent but if he drops out the professional game altogether it won't go very far.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was on £10-15k pw. Getting a contract at a club like Man City until you're 23 without making many first team appearance isn't normal practice, and his dad's his agent.

I'd forgotten he was that old, he should be playing week in week out at 24 (in 5-6 wks)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ccfc92

He would have been on good money at man city. I think a 19 year old at Norwich is on 20k pw, was reported the other day. So Nimely could have been on anything up to or more than this at man city....

pusbccfc

Remember that game away at Forest when he ripped them to shreds, so unlucky not to score.

Take away his disappointing number of goals, he was very good for us.

shmmeee

Fuck it. How many players are ever going to say this about City? Give him a go, pace is always good, if he's a knob fuck him off. Seems like win win.

shmmeee

when he signed for us, wasn't he knocking about in a brand spanking range rover?

Every too big for their boots kid in football seems to get it as part of the kit, along with a lifetime supply of Nandos and a Twitter account.

shmmeee

There weren't thousands, I also think 99% of those people are the ones singing she said no and calling him a rapist after he left.

Went to post this. Saw who posted the original comment, decided it was pointless.

covmark

He would have been on good money at man city. I think a 19 year old at Norwich is on 20k pw, was reported the other day. So Nimely could have been on anything up to or more than this at man city....

I heard this on talksport the other day. The lad at Norwich on 20k pw and he's thinking of retiring when his 3 yr contract is up. Complete and utter madness.

Grendel

Better than him coming not in his pants.

That only happens when he sees Gillingham on the football league show.

dongonzalos

Scored one and was the key creator in the other two goals in his debut. At a level higher than we are now.
TM knows him. If TM thinks he can get the best out of him it could be interesting. His wages should be ok as Vake were able to sign him.
Trial with a few to short term contract. With a view to a long term contract?
I assumed he is still tied to Vale though?

Grendel

Scored one and was the key creator in the other two goals in his debut. At a level higher than we are now.
TM knows him. If TM thinks he can get the best out of him it could be interesting. His wages should be ok as Vake were able to sign him.
Trial with a few to short term contract. With a view to a long term contract?
I assumed he is still tied to Vale though?

Here we go....

Nick

Administrator
We could call Eastwood up and ask what he is doing for that one game he was on fire? (If I remember, he went on a bit of a goal scoring spree)

dongonzalos

We could call Eastwood up and ask what he is doing for that one game he was on fire? (If I remember, he went on a bit of a goal scoring spree)

A former Coventry loanee, Nimely was recently released after a six year spell at Manchester City where he only played one game for the Premier League champions. Whilst on loan at city, he impressed the fans from the get go, though only scoring one goal, he provided seven assists in his time with a poor side that was eventually relegated.
"Andy Turner"

Grendel

A former Coventry loanee, Nimely was recently released after a six year spell at Manchester City where he only played one game for the Premier League champions. Whilst on loan at city, he impressed the fans from the get go, though only scoring one goal, he provided seven assists in his time with a poor side that was eventually relegated.
"Andy Turner"

The football league stats credit him with one assist.

Lol.

pusbccfc

[video=youtube;gX0rhUATeJg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX0rhUATeJg[/video]

As I mentioned earlier, despite his lack of goals, his overall play was superb.

I am shocked he hasn't done well at Vale, but I would imagine under good management here and the backing of the fans, he could do well.

SBT

I can't believe that a) I watched that highlight reel and b) His only goal for us was a header. Football is a strange game.

Johhny Blue

If Eastwood's not available maybe we could bring back Steve Livingston for a five goal game.

Grendel

I recall him winning quite a few penalties
Do they not count as assists on official stats

How can a penalty be an assist? So a free kick hoofed from the halfway line and a defender handles in the area - that's an assist?

SBT

I thought it was common knowledge that if you win a penalty (i.e. you're fouled) which is subsequently scored then you get an assist?

Astute

I would back TM all the way if he wanted to bring him in. It could be the right time to bring him in. There is nothing like a time to be brought down to earth like when you have a player that thinks he is very good and not getting games for a Division 3 team. We have a good experienced manager in TM. He has had his difficult players in the past. And has handled him before.

Our best chance of getting good players for nothing is taking on difficult players. Our last one scored lots of goals. And under TM's guidance he could come good.

Users who are viewing this thread