To the "Slade out!!!" Brigade (1 Viewer)

higgs

When robins came in his first task was to stop shipping goals then draw games and then turn the draws into wins it's not going to happen over night. I just hope we don't run out of time

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

steve82

When robins came in his first task was to stop shipping goals then draw games and then turn the draws into wins it's not going to happen over night. I just hope we don't run out of time

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Correct... only thing was Robins had the luxury of time I suppose.
RS said say sometimes it would not be pretty and we were not even doing the basics right. He's got to take them back to basics and restore confidence.
To move forward you need to stop shipping goals and we've steadied that a little, goals has been a issue before his arrival too.

Great_Expectations

Saturday was the worst style of football I have seen, potentially ever.

The majority of us (at least those of us who actually go to watch and care about the football), knew playing Willis RWB and Rose at 10, were both poor decisions before a ball was even kicked. Couple that with the fact Stevenson, the only creative and technical player on the pitch, was barely involved in the game, and we had no visable tactic other than hoof, and things don't look great for RS.

I know a few people in the industry and views on Slade are fairly varied , the one constant - he plays poor football.

If poor football saves us, I don't think any of us will care, but if it doesn't, it's going to be the worst on field six months of CCFC's recent history: relegation to L2 while looking absolutely clueless.

It's too early to suggest he should go, he's doing the right things in the market, which demonstrates he knows what he needs to fix, he just needs to either adapt his tactics or get that target man in asap.

steve82

Saturday was the worst style of football I have seen, potentially ever.

The majority of us (at least those of us who actually go to watch and care about the football), knew playing Willis RWB and Rose at 10, were both poor decisions before a ball was even kicked. Couple that with the fact Stevenson, the only creative and technical player on the pitch, was barely involved in the game, and we had no visable tactic other than hoof, and things don't look great for RS.

I know a few people in the industry and views on Slade are fairly varied , the one constant - he plays poor football.

If poor football saves us, I don't think any of us will care, but if it doesn't, it's going to be the worst on field six months of CCFC's recent history: relegation to L2 while looking absolutely clueless.

It's too early to suggest he should go, he's doing the right things in the market, which demonstrates he knows what he needs to fix, he just needs to either adapt his tactics or get that target man in asap.

In all honesty it wasn't pretty, and not really effective in that game and the previous....
Tho Willis was played at the right wing back role to match up and limit amari bell and rose was played in the 10 the second half as a makeshift target due to the enforced substitution of Beavon and the arrival of JJ.
I do firmly believe we will revert back to a more 442 or 4141 at Northampton and hopefully use the wings wisely a little more than Saturday.

Great_Expectations

In all honesty it wasn't pretty, and not really effective in that game and the previous....
Tho Willis was played at the right wing back role to match up and limit amari bell and rose was played in the 10 the second half as a makeshift target due to the enforced substitution of Beavon and the arrival of JJ.
I do firmly believe we will revert back to a more 442 or 4141 at Northampton and hopefully use the wings wisely a little more than Saturday.

Rose was playing 10 (as in behind the front two in the attacking midfielder role), first half, the target one role was second as you say. Rose is not a creative player, so I have no idea why he was playing there first half.

To be fair I do get the Willis logic, but at home during a time when we need maximum points wherever possible, is not the time to go ultra defensive in my opinion. The squad isn't brilliant, but we do have pace - why not try counter attacking football, so at least he keeps the defensive stability, instead of heavily defensive tactics coupled with hoofball!

steve82

Rose was playing 10 (as in behind the front two in the attacking midfielder role), first half, the target one role was second as you say. Rose is not a creative player, so I have no idea why he was playing there first half.

To be fair I do get the Willis logic, but at home during a time when we need maximum points wherever possible, is not the time to go ultra defensive in my opinion. The squad isn't brilliant, but we do have pace - why not try counter attacking football, so at least he keeps the defensive stability, instead of heavily defensive tactics coupled with hoofball!

I get you... to me Rose is one of our most biggest physical looking players that cannot use his size. He's shown flashes of ability but to cannot make use of his size and body strength. Can only assume it was a case of square peg in a round hole...

With Willis, it worked in my opinion nullifying amari bell, and gave more flexibility to Ryan Haynes to go forward more with the option of the defence to stay 4 at the back in his absence. I can see the thinking tho it made us ineffective down the right. I thought of the idea playing DKE in the right wing role to keep bell busy with DKE pace, tho clearly would of been a size difference hence RS going with Willis

Proves we've still many flaws to overcome with little time.

Users who are viewing this thread