Forgotten Trialists and Signings (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

Was just sitting at work and thought: Remember when we took that winger called Orlando Smeekes on trial? A quick look at his Wikipedia page reveals that he retired in 2016, and also failed a trial at Charlton.

Brings me to the question in point, what other obscure failed trialists or signings can you remember?

I'm talking your Bouwe Bosmas, and Jack McBeans.

ccfctommy

Remember when we had Luciano Becchio on trial?

What happened to that Irish lad who scored against Sutton United before our league two season?

TomRad85

Killian Brennan. Played a pre season game away at Leamington and some were going mad over him.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grendel

I think we signed Al Bangura ex Watford too. Played some 23s games but that’s it

Odd one - he played regularly for Watford in the premier league and then nosedived

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Actually, half of the signings from Strachan's era turned up, never (or barely) played, and then returned from whence they came. Surprised they didn't set up a support group, lost in Coventry.

A model many top clubs now employ, Chelsea esp.

SBAndy

The one that always remains with me is Che Bunce. Signed by (I think) Micky Adams at around the same time we had Colin Hawkins. Never played a game for us, went back to New Zealand and apparently became an estate agent.

Grendel

Not sure 16 appearances in a Watford side that finished 20th is classed as a Premier League regular, but I get the sentiment.

He also played most games in the championship promotion season for them - since then he hardly played a league game

Skybluedownunder

We once had Fabrizio Ravinelli on trial after he left Derby. In the summer holidays the club used to let me go and sit at the training ground and watch them train, this was before all the secrecy of not being allowed near training grounds. Then after training they’d sign my autograph book and stuff but yeah we had him on trial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread